My Favorite Curvy Jeans

I’ve always been curvy, whether I was wearing a size 2 or 12. And I’m sharing a few of my “holy grail” tried & true denim favorites that were truly designed to flatter and fit a body type that needs a little bit of room in the butt, thighs, and hips without being too loose in the waist.

J.Crew Curvy Vintage Slim Straight in Warm Surf – fits true to size, maybe a tiny bit large. I love that the cut is designed for a little extra room in the thighs, butt, and hips. There is a slightly longer rise to allow for the waist to cut in at the right spot too. If you are hourglass-shaped, these will fit you beautifully. I love the classic fit, wash, and hem from these J.Crew jeans. If you’re looking for one pair of straight leg, ankle-length denim to add to your wardrobe, these would be a great option!

Madewell The Curvy Perfect Vintage Jean in Lunar Wash – It’s hard to beat Madewell denim, in my option, and these black jeans are the perfect cut for a modern, updated silhouette but still allowing for space in the butt and thighs. The rise is high, and they are a bit stiffer (and feel thicker) than the J.Crew vintage pair I mentioned above.

Madewell Curvy Stovepipe Jeans in Ditmas Wash – These are a great classic straight fit that hits at the ankle. They have a bit more stretch than the Madewell Perfect Vintage, so if you prefer that in your denim, you would love these!

Beyond these 3 options (which are my absolute favorite. . .) I’ve found a great fit in Good American jeans as well as some Loft curvy denim as well. My only tiny complaint with Loft is that their denim can hit me a tiny bit too short, and since I have muscular calves it can make my legs look shorter than they are.

In this post:

1. Romhonda says
    Posted August 16, 2021

Your jeans always look so tight.

Posted August 16, 2021

okay. I do prefer my jeans to be more fitted than baggy/slouchy, but I wouldn’t describe them as “so tight”.

• Kait says
        Posted August 17, 2021

I agree, Kate! I wouldn’t call your jeans “so tight” either. You are beautiful and wouldn’t have a gazillion followers if you didn’t know what you were doing. Keep doing your thing! 🥰

• Faith L Graeber says
        Posted August 17, 2021

I don’t think they look tight at all. They look like they fit comfortably and are made well to fit your shape.

• Rom says
          Posted August 18, 2021

I can see the outline of her crotch. I’d classify that as a bit tight. 😬

Posted August 18, 2021

You seem weirdly invested in this and it’s making me uncomfortable. Move on! Turn off your computer, and put your phone down.

• Rom says
        Posted August 18, 2021

LOL. Honey, it’s the jeans that are making you uncomfortable.

Your jeans are too tight. Your shirts are too tight. You honestly look very uncomfortable in yourself clothing. This is your “job”, I’m just saying what most everyone is thinking… you put it out there for us all. You’re not very good at sizing clothing to you body, you’re a large. Not curvy. Just thick.

• Devin says
          Posted August 18, 2021

If she would just wear her actual size and own it. I cannot imagine anything that looks that tight would be comfortable. Or k8 can take her own advice end stay away from the phone and computer for good.

Posted August 18, 2021

Do you feel better for airing your grievances?

• Faith L Graeber says
            Posted August 18, 2021

I think these must be very unhappy people in their own lives to invest so much time and energy into being downright rude and tearing down another person with statements that are not even true. Body shaming is a disgusting way of attacking someone and I am sorry for their grotesque behavior.

2. Shannon L Callaghan says
    Posted August 16, 2021

Have you tried Democracy “absolution” jeans? I LOVE them. They’re made for gals with curves. I got a pair in my Stitch Fix box and have since bought a pair or shorts and capris. They’re my go-to in all three categories!

3. Sarah B says
    Posted August 16, 2021

Love this! I’ve always been a curvy fit no matter my size as well. Have you had any luck with more budget retailers like Old Navy or Target, etc? My current go to is the high rise power slim straight leg from Old Navy! Love your style and will definitely have to save this for future reference. Thanks!

4. Renee says
    Posted August 18, 2021

Which has more stretch..the J Crew or Madewell (not the black pair)? Thanks for this post. The timing is perfect for me as I need new jeans 🙂

Posted August 18, 2021