Fresh in Fifteen 002

fif1

OKAY I WAS ABLE TO DO IT! It’s a miracle I tell you.

15 minutes to looking fresh with a few seconds to spare! If you don’t know what I’m talking about, see this!

How is your fresh in fifteen challenge going? I love seeing the before and after’s on Instagram! Use #freshinfifteen when you share a pic!fresh in fifteen_the small things blog-1-2

1. kathy says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I hope you will take this as a compliment, because it is meant as one.
    You have the most soothing voice- truly! You could do books on tape for people. It is so pleasant to listen to.
    I always enjoy your posts and videos. You are a great teacher!
    By the way, I make your Cajun Pasta recipe all the time for my large family:)

• Alyssa says
      Posted August 20, 2015

I always think the same thing! I could listen to her videos for days!!

• Tate says
      Posted August 21, 2015

Watching yours, your time seems to last forever! My eyeliner gets me every time! I’m just not as quick as you!

2. Posted August 20, 2015

I’m going to have to Instagram a pic! I’m only allotted about 20 minutes for hair/makeup in the morning so I could probably shave off 5 minutes for a challenge!

3. Alyssa says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I would love to try to actually time myself. I’m sure I take more like minutes, but I know I can shave it down!

Alyssa | Glitter and Grey

4. Alicia says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Kate, that lipstick is lovely on you! What bran and shade is it? Many Thanks! <3

• Jesse says

Yes, also curious!

• Alicia says
        Posted August 20, 2015

I’m going to guess that it’s MAC Lovelorn… I watched the video over to try to figure it out…. but I could be wrong… hopefully she’ll have time to respond!

• joy says
          Posted August 20, 2015

I believe it is macs creme cup lipstick

5. Jennifer says
    Posted August 20, 2015

What brand of hairspray do you use? Thanks!

• Jesse says

She uses kenra 25

6. Gina says
    Posted August 20, 2015

That’s it, I’m growing my hair out again after just getting it cut cause I love the length, color, cut you have!

7. Natalie says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I haven’t heard that you are supposed to wait until a mascara smudge is dry to wipe it off. What is the reasoning behind that? I love your tutorials!

• Adriele says

Natalie,

It’s because it will peel right off once it’s dry. If you wipe at it when it’s wet, it smudges. Which is so much harder to deal with/cover up. πŸ™‚

8. shannon says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Can you list the products you used?!?! Especially the brow pencil!! Thanks!

• Ellen says
      Posted September 19, 2015

I agree! I watched this and tried to mentally note the ones you mentioned (especially the texture spray) but then I forgot! I would love to be able to come back to the post and read a list of the products you used when I’m thinking about purchasing!

9. Nadia says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Loved the video and WOW, well done! You look radiant! πŸ™‚
    xox N.

10. Annie says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I watched this with the same anticipation men do when watching sports. On the edge of my seat holding my breath waiting impatiently for you to finish in time πŸ™‚

11. Katie says
    Posted August 20, 2015

What eyeliner did you use? It looks like it went on so smooth! πŸ™‚

12. Julie says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I would love any tips on what to do with wet hair. My makeup routine is pretty quick, but I don’t always have time to dry and do my hair in the morning, without waking a baby. I would love to look a little more sophisticated for work, than my current ‘this hair dried itself during the commute’ look I have going.

13. Hannah says
    Posted August 20, 2015

You’re lovely and beautiful, as always. But Grits, he steals the show in this video!! LOL! His falling into the tub was the best.

Thanks for the tutorial! I love anything that will give me more time in the morning to sit and sip my coffee. πŸ™‚

14. Shannon Ashley says
    Posted August 20, 2015

How do you remove your mascara/ fibers at the end of the day. I try to be as gentle as possible when I use them, but my lased always break off in some spots. Thanks!!

Posted August 20, 2015

POND’S makeup remover wipes!

• Ellen says
        Posted August 21, 2015

I would love to know about the eyeliner and eyebrow pencil you used, please! Loved this tutorial and love your look. Will definitely try the clips with curls as my hair doesn’t hold a curl with a curling iron!

Thanks,
        Ellen

15. Posted August 20, 2015

LOL, this is awesome, I think I want to try this. But I love the “I’m a recovering hairspray addict”. So funny.

16. Alexis says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Well, since I don’t wear 4 coats of mascara (!) I think this is totally doable with my eyeshadow and under eye concealer which I can’t live without. Thanks for the video!

17. Posted August 20, 2015

You look super cute!!

Her Heartland Soul

18. Carrie says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I love this video! Both of the fresh in 15 have cracked me up! I love you Kate!
    “Grits just fell into the tub in case you need a play by play of what’s happening around me” LOLOL
    Thanks for taking the time to post these! I too have a baby and love these tips.. I can use all the inspiration and help I can get when it comes to the beauty world.

19. Jen says
    Posted August 20, 2015

What type of curling iron is that? I’ve had a bit of a look around but don’t believe the one I found is the same brand. I am in need of one that heats up so quick! Thx!

20. Nomi says
    Posted August 20, 2015

What brand of curling iron are you using in the video?

Also I have very long hair, when I try to curl it like this, either I can’t get most of my hair on the curling iron or it is so heavy that it just falls. Any advice?

21. holli says
    Posted August 20, 2015

I love this video! Love the idea of Fresh in 15! I have some questions πŸ™‚ First, how well does the all over powder you use at the beginning stay? Second, do you have any tips for dealing with flat spots in your hair from sleeping on it? My hair is shorter than yours, and right at the crown of my head there’s a spot that is super crazy and unruly. Finally, when I wake up in the morning, my face is super puffy. Do you have any tips for this. Thanks so much!

• auntsarie says
      Posted August 20, 2015

I know she sleeps with a high (like, top of her head) loose ponytail, and uses fabric elastic to keep it from creasing.

22. Hope says
    Posted August 20, 2015

So I have blonde right above the shoulder length hair, and would love any tips on how to deal with greasy hair, I can’t really wash at night because it gets too nasty by morning time, dry shampoo doesn’t do great things for my hair and it always look dry and frizzy, any help?

23. Posted August 20, 2015

I laughed when you mentioned the ‘dud’ zone of your hair! I have one too and it is in the EXACT same place! No joke, sometimes I have to run the curling iron through it 3-4 times before I’m happy with it. Glad it’s not just me!!

24. leah says
    Posted August 20, 2015

wondering if she mentioned what eye liner and mascara were used? They looked great. and what was the eye brow pencil she used?

Posted August 20, 2015

The eyeliner stila smudge stick in metallic umber, Tarte’s Lights Camera Lashes & Hourglass eyebrow pencil ARCH πŸ™‚

25. Lisa S says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Great video! I wish I’d found your blog years ago. Thanks for generously sharing your tips and techniques. As a teenager, I had long, straight limp hair – while my mother’s was short, thick and naturally curly – so it’s like I never had anyone to learn from. Now I work from home, and don’t always wear make-up, so these 15 minute refresh tips are very helpful.
    Cheers, Lisa in Melbourne, Australia.

26. Cynthia D says
    Posted August 20, 2015

Please list your the hair products that you used. Tx Cynthia

27. Posted August 20, 2015

way to go! I’m inspired to go try this myself….

28. Kristen says
    Posted August 21, 2015

Kate –
    Have you ever thought about trying Latisse? I completely get your obsession and need for multiple coats of mascara, as that used to be me. I had the most pitiful lashes, and was always on the search for that miracle mascara that would make them long and luscious. It finally occurred to me that I should try Latisse and got the prescription from my derm a few months ago. I would say I have sensitive eyes, so the first couple of weeks were slightly red and uncomfortable. That improves over time as your eyes get used to the product. And after a couple of months you can switch to the maintenance phase, where I am now, only use every other day and that helps a lot with the discomfort. Don’t really have any now. I now have awesome lashes that don’t require tons of coats of mascara unless I really want to vamp them up! Anyway, just thought I would mention because I think you would love the results if you are willing to give Latisse a try.
    Love your blog!
    Kristen

29. Britt says
    Posted August 21, 2015

I love the hair! I’ve tried this look but Even with texture and hair spray my teasing falls out. How do I stop this?

30. Posted August 22, 2015

Incredible! You hair looks fabulous! xx

touchofgucci.blogspot.com.au/

31. Alisia domer says
    Posted August 22, 2015

I feel like you accomplished alot in so little time. It always takes me forever because my kids are interrupting. I am going to try the timer. I love that you chose lipstick over eyeshadow. I do the same thing with a lipstain. I have been doing no heat curls with an elastic headband on damp hair. Then I roll my hair up over the headband. Then when I take I down in the morning I spray texturizer all over. So easy, but ready for a change. Maybe I will try blow drying before bed like you did and doing big curls in the morning.

32. Steph M says
    Posted August 22, 2015

Lol! Every day is fifteen minutes for me! My key items are mousse blush and cream eyeshadow when I’m in a hurry. I have a Maybelline cream shadow (tattoo in beige) and an ELF smudge pot in copper. I use a Joe Fresh mousse blush but I don’t think they sell makeup in the States. Anyway, those are my tips!

33. ColeenH says
    Posted August 22, 2015

Kate, I just have to say that I really enjoyed this vid, as well as all your others! (Thanks to you, I have finally learned how to curl my hair so it looks FABulous!)

I am much older (hitting 50 next Jan.), but your tips for both hair and makeup have been wonderful. I used to have a 15-minute routine – but I don’t think I looked quite as fab as you do when you’re done! πŸ˜‰ I’m going to challenge myself, now that I’m getting back into “more” makeup than before and actually styling my hair better, to cut my time down a wee bit each day. I’m still practicing with the hair curling, but soon I’ll have everything under control, I just know it. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for your blog and for sharing all these amazing styles and tips with the world.

34. Mia says
    Posted August 24, 2015

I loved this video and agreed with all the comments.

35. Bev says
    Posted August 26, 2015

Love your blog! What brand lash curler do you use?

36. Mary says
    Posted August 26, 2015

Hi Kate,

I’d love to know the lip color you used here. Simply gorgeous! Thanks!!

37. Lauren Z. says
    Posted September 15, 2015

Do you have any tips for those of us with wavy/curly hair how to do fresh in fifteen? Usually I don’t need to wash my hair for a day or two, but on day two after washing the wave has fallen and my hair is just flat. Love this video – you look gorgeous! πŸ™‚

38. Ashley Rooney says
    Posted September 25, 2015

You make me laugh! But in a good way! I had a smile on my face the whole time watching this. I too have two boys and have to cut to the chase when getting ready in the morning.