GALentines Day Gift Ideas
January Beauty Favorites
As I’m getting older, I’m cherishing my friendships even more. More life experiences have been spent with dear friends in the last 10 years or so, than ever before! Part of that is all the changes in going from a single person, to married and then to having two kids. And another factor is not having family nearby (like, in the same state).
I’ve never really made a big deal out of Valentine’s Day. The most memorable one, though, was in middle school when someone anonymously put a huge box of chocolates in my locker. I was not expecting it, and instead of feeling flattered I felt deeply embarrassed and threw them in the trash as soon as I got home. I hated the attention! I used to be very shy as a kid, and it really wasn’t until I moved down to North Carolina that I kind of came out of my shell.
Anyway, here’s to hoping you have a nice Valentine’s Day however you celebrate it!
I thought I’d round up some options for easy gift ideas for your friends (or yourself!) if you do that sort of thing for this holiday!
- A zip pouch/clutch. In my mind, you can’t have enough of these. They are great for travel, for storing things in your car, for organizing a larger tote bag. I have so many different zip pouches that contain small things that I need to keep together. I love the tassels on this one from Fossil and you can even have it embossed for an extra touch. Can’t you just see this poolside in a tote bag this summer?
- Nail polish in a fun color. For your friend who either doesn’t wear nail polish, or likes to get a manicure at a nail salon instead, it never hurts to have a fun color stashed in your collection for a quick pedicure! Plus, you can personalize it by adding a note saying why you think she’d love whichever color you chose for her.
- A beauty product that you think she’d love. It’s hard to buy beauty products for friends, I totally get it. But I think that can actually be really fun AND you can always give a gift receipt if it isn’t just right. If you have a product that you can’t live without, why not gift it to her and tell her how much you think she’ll like it?
- Send something in the mail! I love SugarWish for a thoughtful and fun gift that couldn’t be easier to send. Also KnackShops creates the gift for you! I’ve had a great experience ordering flowers for The Bouqs and would highly recommend it!
- Give a Fuji Instax. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many people on my gift list got this camera for Christmas. It’s so fun, and it’s not something you’d necessarily buy for yourself, and it’s so much fun. Did I mention how fun it is?
All of these things are little thoughtful gestures, but if you don’t want to purchase anything you can always bake cookies or a sweet treat! I love making chocolate covered strawberries around this time of year. And these cookies are a huge crowd pleaser in my experience!
p.s. Fossil sent me the zip pouches as a gift.