What is the difference between Contour and Bronzer?

Let’s begin with my face completed except for contour, bronzer, highlight, and blush.

I look a little bit under the weather, don’t I? If this is your normal routine, I’d recommend adding, at the very least, a blush into your routine. It adds color and “life” back to your face that foundation flattens out.

A contour powder, like the one from this Charlotte Tilbury, is one of my favorites because it’s neutral with a grey base. The contour powder is best applied with a relatively small brush, focusing on the recesses of your face. Apply, with a light hand, under your cheekbone, around the edges of your face, and along your jawline. Some women contour their nose, but I typically don’t bother with that. It helps to imagine you are drawing the number 3 on your face with a brush.

Bronzer should be applied with a fluffier brush, adding an overall bronzed glow to the skin. I’ve been enjoying the NARS Laguna bronzer lately! Bronzer should be thought of as your “fake suntan” product, so it can be applied all over the face with a light hand. We’ve all seen overdone bronzer look HORRIBLE, so make sure to slowly build the application with a big brush to get the look you want.

In the end, the goal should be to be able to see the natural angles of your face and have a warm, overall glow!

Below are some of my favorite products to achieve this summery glow.

In this post:

1. Annette Silveira says
    Posted July 27, 2020

What if you have some natural redness in your complexion. When I use blush I feel like I look feverish.

Posted July 27, 2020

Try a softer color! Either a bright pink used sparingly, or a soft peach that would just add a subtle warmth to your cheeks.

2. Karen says
    Posted July 27, 2020

Looks very beautiful and natural! What blush do you love for a natural look?
    Thank you!

Posted July 27, 2020

Thanks Karen! I don’t usually use blush that looks natural, I go for brighter pinks! Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are great and they have a few nude/natural colors that look great on the skin. Check them out!

3. Posted July 27, 2020

Thanks for pointing out the differences! Really helpful for makeup newbies like me! ❤️✨

4. Bet says
    Posted July 27, 2020

Where did you get your orange sweatshirt?

5. Michele says
    Posted July 27, 2020

Alright, you either give us a brow tutorial or I cut myself some regrettable bangs.

The choice is yours.

Choose wisely.

6. Ste says
    Posted July 28, 2020

Where is your top/shirt from? Love the color.

7. Jill Claessens says
    Posted July 28, 2020

You can’t wear such a pretty sweatshirt and not share where you got it! Details please!

8. Heather says
    Posted July 28, 2020

How do you use the highlight on this CT palette? I’ve been interested in trying contouring for a while and this palette seems like it would be good for my skin coloring. Also love all Charlotte products!!

• Leena says
      Posted July 29, 2020

can we use the highlighter in a normal way?

Regards Leena

Marugujarat

9. Julie says
    Posted July 28, 2020

Have you ever looked into Latisse? Or any lash building formulas? I have slim to none when it comes to eyelashes and I read where we are only born with 3 sets and lose 2 by the time we’re 40. Is that accurate? I’m 37, so if so I’m in trouble. I always try to find mascara that will miraculously make them long, thick and luxurious but it never happens. I was told recently I’d do better to invest in a lash building formula and then buy cheap mascara. Thoughts?

10. Lisa says
    Posted August 1, 2020

Do you have a drugstore contour you recommend? Thank you!

11. Posted August 3, 2020