Kitchen Tour

Growing up, my siblings and I would often sit at the peninsula in my parents’ kitchen for either quick meals or just time to chat with my mom. She spent a lot of time in the kitchen, and I’ve happily followed in her footsteps finding that in my opinion: a day well spent is a day spent in the kitchen.

I filmed a short tour of my kitchen, check out the video below.

My favorite part is the window above the sink to be able to peek into the backyard. I also love using the warming oven during times we are hosting large groups, or if the timing of food prep is a bit off and I want to keep a dish warm!

We bought this house last year and other than changing the paint in a few rooms, and changing a few of the light fixtures, we haven’t made any other updates. I’d love to refinish the wood island and lighten it up a bit. It’s in pretty rough shape after 10 years of use.

We didn’t have a pantry in our other house, so it’s a delight to have a pantry here where I can store our food. We lost significant cabinet space for cooking tools and gear at the old house since half of the cabinets in the kitchen were filled with food, so to be able to use kitchen cabinets for cookware, serving dishes, and basically, anything else you would keep in your cabinets is really nice.

Helpful links + Info:

The shelf next to the wall oven can be found here from Ballard.

The brown kids chair is the Stokke Tripp Trapp.

The wall color is Universal Khaki by Sherwin Williams.

The kitchen table is from World Market, and similar chairs are linked here!

The faux arrangement on the kitchen table is from the Studio McGee collection at Target.

As you heard in the video, though, I absolutely love this space. I hope you enjoyed the tour! If you want to see our master bedroom tour, click here!

1. Beth J. says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Dream House!!!!! NC living is the best. Congratulations to you and your sweet family.

2. Lisa says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Love your kitchen! I’m curious about the butcher block counter on your island. It’s beautiful! Do you love it? Hate it? How is the upkeep?

Posted April 28, 2020

This particular piece of wood is in very rouge shape. It needs to either be refinished or replaced. So I can’t really speak to the upkeep because we bought the house after it was lived in for 10 years, and I imagine the wood island hasn’t been replaced yet. I love the look of it and would love to replace it with a more modern piece of wood one day!

3. Nancy says
    Posted April 28, 2020

What a lovely home you have.
    I am not on any social media, so I really enjoy these posts.
    Thanks for doing what you do, your blog is a bright spot in my day. Thanks

4. Jessica says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Where is the brown high chair/toddler seat from?

5. Erin says
    Posted April 28, 2020

I would love to know what paint is on your walls? Love how it looks!

Posted April 28, 2020

It is Universal Khaki by Sherwin Williams!

6. Posted April 28, 2020

Gorgeous kitchen! I wish mine was half the size of yours! ❤️✨

7. Kari I says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Hi! Where did you get the wall mounted shelf next to your double oven?

• Karly says
      Posted April 28, 2020

She linked it the other day on IG. Its from Ballard Designs!

8. L Johnson says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Your kitchen is just stunning. I’ve admired it on Instagram stories since the day you moved in. I would love to have an island as big as yours!! I also love the framing edge work above the window!

9. Posted April 28, 2020

Your kitchen is gorgeous! I love the way you styled it.

10. Chelsea R. says
    Posted April 28, 2020

What color are your handles? We are redoing our kitchen to have white cabinets and white backsplash and I love the contrasting handles you have!

Posted April 28, 2020

They are oil rubbed bronze

11. Nicole says
    Posted April 28, 2020

That is one beeeeaauuuutiful kitchen! x

12. Melisa says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Any idea what the green paint color is on the island?

13. Holly says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Dream kitchen! It s beautiful! What kind of dish soap/hand soaps do you have over buy the sink? Thanks!

14. Carrie says

Beautiful kitchen!!

15. Amy says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Beautiful kitchen! Love the island! I agree that time spent in the kitchen is time well spent.

16. Carolyn says
    Posted April 28, 2020

We have a similar pull out spice rack (which I love) and the day my then-14 month old figured out how to open it was an exciting one (for her…). We removed the knob. It took her maybe 2 minutes to figure out how to open it without the knob (again, a look of pure joy). So we dealt with spice jars all over the floor until we found a baby-proofing solution – a small metal lever on the inside that hooks to a screw (tin soldiers on amazon, I think?). It works great, but she is so upset about it. It’s a big treat for us to open it and have her help us pick spices!

Posted April 28, 2020

that is great to know! Toddlers sure are mischievous!

17. Kim says

Beautiful!

18. Kelsey says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Beautiful kitchen! Where do you keep sippy cups and kids eating dishes? Do you have them so your kids can access them? I’m finding sippy cups with lids and cups constantly on my counter. I’m always curious what other moms do to organize kids dishes

Posted April 28, 2020

Yes I have them all in a drawer that all 3 can reach!

19. Maribeth says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Beautiful! Love it! One question, where is your refrigerator? I must have missed it! Thanks for all the work you do to share these things!

Posted April 28, 2020

Thanks Maribeth! It’s camouflaged in with the cabinetry. It’s on the other end of the wall w/ the coffee maker!

20. Stefanie says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Love the bar stools! We are moving to Davidson next month and I’m on the hunt for similar bar stools. Beautiful kitchen!

21. Maria says
    Posted April 28, 2020

Gorgeous kitchen. What color are the cabinets?

Posted April 29, 2020

I’m sorry I don’t know!

22. Mandy says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Love your beautiful home. Really enjoyed the video tour.

Posted April 29, 2020

Thank you!

23. Ashley says
    Posted April 29, 2020

You kitchen is gorgeous! I love your blog and these videos 🙂 We are actually in the process of re-doing our kitchen, so it is great to see what features you really like. Quick question – With the small appliance cabinets, are you able to use the appliances from inside the cabinet? Or do you find you need to pull them out?

Thanks!

24. Alyssa K. says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Beautiful kitchen! What kind of sink do you have–do you know the material? I’m in the market for a new sink, and my biggest question is how well certain materials hold up to staining, stratching, etc.

25. Bee says
    Posted April 29, 2020

What a pretty — and smart — kitchen space! I never would have guessed that there were spice racks behind those decorative posts! And electrical outlets in those cabinets! As a mom with kids who are older than yours, wait as long as you can to replace the top on your island. I found that my kids were somewhat destructive in their earlier years. It won’t hurt so much when your kids bang on the top of the island with cutlery, dishes, etc when you know that you will replace it some day.

26. lindsey says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Do your island bar chairs have arms?? i’ve been looking for some for my home but want to make sure they are safe for my 3 and 4 year old. i’m always afraid they will fall off!

Posted April 29, 2020

they do not have arms but they sit pretty close together so I’m not too worried about the kids falling out!

27. Larisa says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Love the pendant lights, can you share where they are from?

28. Ashley says
    Posted April 29, 2020

Your kitchen is so gorgeous! I especially love the breakfast nook!

29. Kimberly says
    Posted April 30, 2020

Did you end up lightening the Universal Khaki? I followed along with the paint saga but I can’t remember what you ended up going with. I am buying a house in two weeks and looking at using Universal Khaki also!

30. Kim says
    Posted May 7, 2020

Where did you find the soap tray and sink caddy? Beautiful inviting kitchen.