The Fall Style Guide

Getting dressed shouldn’t be a burden and shouldn’t take too much time. I’ve always leaned toward comfortable and easy pieces in my closet so I can mix and match my favorites together to get the most wear out of them!

To help you this Fall, I listed out about 23-ish of my favorite items of clothing and will share a few of the ways I like to wear them over the next few weeks. None of my outfits are complicated or particularly unique but that is exactly why I like them.

If you are looking for a great list of closet basics that you can wear throughout the Fall, and frankly into the Winter as well, you are in the right place!

To start, find the list below of all of the items I’m including in my Fall Style Guide.

Bottoms:

Suede Pumps

Bag:
Brown Crossbody Bag

Other:
Jumpsuit
Leopard Belt

These are items I’ve either had for years or added to my closet for this season. Over the next few weeks, I’ll share several different outfits using the items above to inspire you to do the same with your wardrobe.

My biggest tip to share, when it comes to curating a simple wardrobe (for any season) is to stick to one color-way. Admittedly there are a lot of neutrals on my list and if I were to add in another color, I’d make sure it is something that goes with dark green or grey. My goal is not to eliminate existing items by adding something new into my wardrobe that may not mesh well with the current palette.

I have always enjoyed seeing other women in the same stage of life as I am pulling together cute and functional outfits. In the same way, I hope to offer some inspiration through the upcoming posts!

1. Abigail says
    Posted September 15, 2019

Thanks for the links! You look great :))

Abigail @ Spiritsong log.blogger.com

• Abigail says
      Posted September 15, 2019

Sorry, I got publish and didn’t mean to 😂
      Links are always so fun! Thanks for sharing!

@ Spiritsongblog.blogger.com

2. Angela says
    Posted September 15, 2019

I love leather, leopard print and plaid in the fall, along with deep, rich colours and neutrals. They never go out of style.

BlushandPearls.com

3. Posted September 16, 2019

Fall fashion is my favourite! I love that you can incorporate both summer and winter pieces and don’t look completely crazy, haha. Thanks for the recommendations and links! ❤️✨

4. Posted September 16, 2019

This is so cool! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

K A T E L A T E L Y || fashion + lifestyle blog

5. Logan says
    Posted September 16, 2019

I have been trying to DM you and I apologize if this comment isn’t allowed. But I think you’re allergic to your toothpaste. My mom had similar irritation and she has an allergy to an ingredient in her toothpaste. Capital dermatology is the best and. Dr. Rebekah Oyler is awesome!

Posted September 17, 2019

Thanks for the help!!

6. Lynn F. says
    Posted September 17, 2019

I just love your style! So simple, yet classic! The fact that you are simply noting great pieces to have in your wardrobe rather than giving links or photos allows us the opportunity to be creative and shop where we like! Thank you so much Kate!

Posted September 17, 2019

Every item listed is linked, simply click on it 🙂

7. Donna says
    Posted September 18, 2019

Kate,
    I love your style, you always look so fresh and pulled together! Love this idea, thanks for the inspiration!

8. Bee says
    Posted September 18, 2019

Just saw your instagram about a mean comment. Ummm, what could anyone find wrong with how you dress? (Jealous much, haters?) I’m glad you are able to filter out the negative comments. You’re beautiful inside and you strike a perfect balance between encouraging us readers to feel good about ourselves and being healthy. I’ve been reading your blog faithfully since almost the beginning. I miss your more personal stories, but I understand why you have backed away from those a bit. As for the ads that some complain about, I’m all for them! Good for you for ways to earn more money!!! You #ad it up all day!! Thanks for sharing your wisdom, tips and life with us!