Kitchen Essentials

photo by Jordan Maunder from this original post

I love being in the kitchen. I generally prefer to bake more than cook, but really anything in the kitchen is usually pretty enjoyable for me.

Well, except reaching elbows deep into a turkey to remove the innards. I could do without that.

I’ve often thought it could be helpful to round up some of my personal favorite kitchen tools incase you are needing to buy a housewarming gift soon or simply need to upgrade your gear.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve

A small turner is perfect for getting brownies out of a 8×8 pan, or even sliding under small cookies. I use this turner more than any other turner in my kitchen! Another tool that I reach for over any other is this double ended spatula. It’s simply the exact right length that I need, and being able to choose the size is a nice feature as well!

I recently updated the containers I have my flour and sugars in and these tall containers that I found on Amazon are great. They seal really well so your brown sugar won’t become hard, and they hold a great amount of the ingredient.

Love avocado? Then you need this tool. It slices the skin, gives you an easy way to remove the seed, and then provides an area to evenly slice the halves. It’s a multipurpose tool that anyone who eats avocado will love.

If you are scooping cookie dough with a table spoon, I urge you to get one of these spring loaded cookie scoops! I have 3 sizes and use all three throughout the year. They are also great for scooping muffin batter into muffin tins evenly! Just don’t use them for ice cream–it’s too stiff and will bend the mechanism.

Finally, I saw this silicone utensil rest at my sister’s house and ordered one for myself immediately. It comes in a two pack, can be thrown in the dishwasher, and is a much better option than resting any tools on a paper towel!

In this post:

1. Posted June 10, 2019

That avocado tool sounds life-changing for someone who loves avocado! Would make everything so convenient! ❤️✨

2. Jaclyn says
    Posted June 10, 2019

OK, but that dress is everything! Love it!!

• Kim Armstrong says
      Posted June 10, 2019

Yeah, that dress! More info on the dress, please.

• Breanna says
        Posted June 10, 2019

Dress please!

3. Priscilla says
    Posted June 10, 2019

Absolutely love the dress! Details, please?

Posted June 11, 2019

Sorry it’s quite old from Target!

4. Posted June 11, 2019

LOVE THAT DRESS! Where did you find that?!

Thanks so much! Have a great day!
    Bridget

5. Kate says
    Posted June 11, 2019

That avocado tool looks so neat, I definitely need to get myself one of those! Thanks for the list!!

-Kate

• Posted June 12, 2019

The avocado tool. This.
      I loved mine so much I got them as Christmas gifts for all my family and friends that year. I heard a horror story of a friends daughter lopping off her finger trying to get a pit out; this even makes avocados easy & safe for kiddos.

6. Amy Davidson says
    Posted June 12, 2019

I love your drinking glasses! Where did you get them?

7. Karin says
    Posted July 23, 2019

Just browsing the site and read an older post on adding more veggies to the menu. Like many followers, roasting in oven or baking sheet on the grill is great for that “crunch”. Although this post was meant more for gadgets, one of our staples has become flavored olive oils and balsamic vinegar. A local store sells butter olive oil, cinnamon pear balsamic, Sicilian lemon white balsamic. I have not pushed myself to use the cinnamon pear on pancakes as suggested but you’d be amazed how you can use and nix many not-so-healthy items from recipes. No more store bought dressings for us either. See if you have one local or I know ours ships.