New Years Eve Outfit (mine + similiar options!)

dress, clutch, block heel sandals, earrings

I’ve been using Trunk Club on and off for a few years and as soon as Justin and I bought tickets to go to an event downtown for New Years Eve I reached out to my stylist asking her to send me options! She knows my style really well and the trunk she sent me was so much fun to explore.

You can read more about Trunk Club here if you aren’t familar with it!

I’m probably her worst client right now because clothes are a bit of a challenge as I’ve just really started to try to drop some baby weight, but she found great options and ultimately I picked the dress, shoes, and clutch that she sent to make up my outfit for that evening!

The dress needed a little altering for my personal preference, so I’m having the neckline taken up a bit and sewn slightly more shut, but otherwise everything else is perfect. I found fun earrings at J.Crew on black friday and all I need to decide now is my lipstick color and how I’ll do my hair.

I had shopped for dresses myself and was looking for some really fun options because #yolo, but I love the classic black and the fit is very flattering! It’s been so long since I’ve dressed up, I’m looking very forward to the evening!

The items I chose from my trunk were a bit expensive, and some credit that I have earned helped cover the cost a bit, so I wanted to find some budget options to create a similar outfit if you have New Years Eve plans as well.

1. black dress, 2. lace dress, 3. metallic shoes, 4. black clutch, 5. black dress, 6. tassel earrings, 7. sequin clutch, 8. glitter heel sandal

I love the sandals from Target. They look SO fun for New Years Eve. And the sequin pouch is perfect as well, and it helps that it’s only $15! So many stores are still running great deals and sales right now so if you have new years eve plans, or frankly if you know you’ll be attending any weddings in 2019, these would be great options. The black dresses + silhouettes are classic and timeless so you really can’t go wrong!

I also found a few great options on Amazon if you want to try Prime Wardrobe! This is a classic black dress, and this lace option is a bit more fun for a party. I love the cut of this dress as well! A classic block heel that you can’t go wrong with, and a metallic version. And these would be a fun earrings option!

1. Posted December 26, 2018

I love it! An all-black outfit works for all occasions. So glam! 🙂

2. Pam says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Who writes your posts? Someone needs to proofread these before you post.

You wanted run, options. Do you mean fun? I can’t believe anyone pays to sponsor you.

• TreeTrunkLegs says
      Posted December 26, 2018

It’s shocking, isn’t it? An overweight suburban mom makes a living off writing like this crap.

3. Mary says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Right?! Definitely painful to read. Truck instead of trunk more than once, new years eve instead of New Year’s Eve … wow. This is the worst post yet.

• HaterKater says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Kate’s blog is on autopilot now that she monetized to the point of promoting air filters. LOL

• Shelly says
        Posted December 26, 2018

You choose “HATERKATER” as your name and you expect someone to take your comment seriously? 😂

I get it, people don’t like all of the sponsored content. Don’t read it! It’s honestly THAT simple.

• Christina says
          Posted December 26, 2018

I take her comment seriously. It’s a funny username. Pretty clever, in fact. Get a sense of humor, fan poodle.
          Besides, after we’ve read it once, we don’t have the option to unread it. Therefore, all the grammatical errors have already been seen. Do you see how that works?

• Laurene Brown says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Brutal typos from someone who makes a living off of sponsorships! I hope Truck Club docks you some pay for this abomination of an ad….

• SiriusB says
        Posted December 26, 2018

I didn’t particularly care for Kate’s very recent sponsored Instagram ad that featured her daughter in a spoiled diaper (you can clearly see the urine stain). Shilling out your kid in a dirty diaper for click$ is a little, uh, …. Well. I keep coming back hoping to see some of the old quality, but I really think it’s gone.

• BabyBlogClicksPiss says
          Posted December 26, 2018

Ugh. I forgot about that one. Disgusting.

4. Emily says
    Posted December 26, 2018

This post is a mess. Poorly written, run-on sentences and too many misspellings to count. It was really distracting to read. This needs a proofread, STAT.

5. Lily Nolan says
    Posted December 26, 2018

You better do a tutorial of your NYE hair!!!! Merry belated Christmas and Happy Early New Year!

6. MDG says
    Posted December 26, 2018

If this was part of MY job, I would be in big trouble for posting something with so many mistakes. It was really challenging and painful to read.

7. Naomi says
    Posted December 26, 2018

How fun to have a special NYE event to attend. While that outfit is definitely a classic look, I’m not sure it warranted a paid stylist. I think you let your “stylist” off easy!

8. Posted December 26, 2018

Hello, Kate! Thank you for interesting ideas. I especially like glitter heel sandal. Maybe I’ll buy them later.

Merry Christmas, Kate! And I wish you the best of luck!

9. Yolo Kate says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Y’all are killing it with these comments- so much truth!!! I would think even in “this season of life” that proofreading a blog post would be priority. After all it is your “full time” (6 hours a week) job as the “sole breadwinner” or the house. If I were so stressed out about this season of life I would make sure my income was secure by appealing to my followers, proofreading my posts to make my paid sponsors were happy, and I don’t know out in more than a days work per month to actually work on it. I guess teasing your hair and making coffee takes up too much time.

• Yolo Kate says
      Posted December 26, 2018

So many typos- did Kate type this?

10. Haterkater says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Do the people who protest any negative reviews of Kate also believe no one should post a negative review of a restaurant or store? This blog is a business; therefore, when Kate publishes crappy content she opens herself up to bad reviews. Kate’s too busy pawning her kids onto her sister and mother so she can complain on IG about every first world problem under the sun. She doesn’t have time for quality content as she sips her latte while stuffed in too tight jeans.

• Yolo Kate says
      Posted December 26, 2018

She’s all too anxious to blast any company that doesn’t live up to the Kate standards. But, one negative comment about her blog and she gets defensive. After all this is her job! She has to make a living! Well don’t the owners of the restaraunts she ballasts have to make a living? Or the estaticians that don’t know what they’re doing because they don’t burn her eyelashes off like she does to herself??? So much hypocrisy in the Bryan house- awful!

11. Anita says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Does poor spelling and grammar really warrant a hate filled message like this?

• Anita says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Kate, you know you have made the big time when you get crazy hateful comments.

• SiriusB says
        Posted December 26, 2018

And post sponsored Instagram pics of her kid in a spoiled diaper for clicks. Something to be proud of as part of the “big time”! So successful!

• ContentBabyUrine says
        Posted December 26, 2018

And you’ve made the big time when photographing a diaper full of urine warrants a paycheck.

• Anita says
          Posted December 26, 2018

It is painfully obvious that most of these negative comments are coming from one disturbed person under many different names. Pitiful.

• PizzaKateLegs says
            Posted December 26, 2018

Yet you continue to read. Fascinating.

• I. hate "pizzakatelegs" says
            Posted December 26, 2018

That’s what I was thinking Anita.

12. kate says
    Posted December 26, 2018

What a hot mess. Kate will do anything for a dollar. Why bother altering the neckline on that dress? You already prostitute yourself & your kids out already. Sees a bit late.

13. TryBeingHuman says
    Posted December 26, 2018

To all of the ladies that are so quick to slam Kate for her physical appearance…. Does this make you feel better? What exactly are you gaining from it? In actuality it only makes you look small and shallow. Who cares what she looks like, if you think her jeans are too tight, or you think her style sucks. Stop following the blog. Shit happens, bad posts happen, bad sponsorship decisions happen, etc. Just move on. Instead of using those fingers to type a nasty message how about you use them to scroll on by.

• Gina says
      Posted December 26, 2018

You are missing the point. Kate has been critical of businesses that she has used Not to mention publicly on her IG account that is an open forum and not just for her friends and family to see.

You gotta be able to get as good as you give

• PizzaThighsBryan says
        Posted December 26, 2018

Kate has done so much damage to local businesses by putting them down on her business IG account. But that’s ok with you fan girls? And regarding her physical appearance….um, hello? Her entire business model is based on her appearance. So your comment is laughable regarding anyone focusing on that. Kate says she wears a size small and proceeds to wear jeans that are three sizes too small. We get to have an opinion on her pizza legs because she’s built a business predicated on LYING about who she really is. People would respect her more if she owned her pizza thighs.

• CROCket man’s wife says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Thank you for that insight.

• CROCket man’s wife says
        Posted December 26, 2018

(My comment was directed toward trybeinghuman.)

• Pizzathighsbryan says

You’re very welcome.

14. Annie says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Wow. So many negative comments. I do agree with some! She has definitely “sold out” that’s for sure. I certainly don’t agree with using the kids, either….too many creepers in this world. She does complain about first world problems ALL the time. It becomes rather boring and I wonder why she feels the need to put her entire life on Instastories, and then I wonder why she would have that camera on her baby’s face all the time…how odd. It seems like she has found out she can make some big money doing all this so the blog has definitely taken a hit. It’s a shame,, because I used to really enjoy it. Now I just skim right by, if at all. On the flip side, I do enjoy her sisters blog much more! I also tire of her constant, daily buying of more stuff….how much makeup and clothes can one possibly have???

• Posted December 26, 2018

This is a very kind and accurate critique. She is definitely using her kids, especially the girl baby, for income which is unfortunate. She’s become a bit of a superstar in her own mind and on her IG.

15. Jaye says
    Posted December 26, 2018

It’s not right to criticize her appearance except she brings it up constantly and talks out of both sides of her mouth all.the.time. She wants to lose weight but asks for pizza as a gift & for her stolen ice cream to be replaced. She can freely complain about manual laborers’ tardiness , aestheticians poor work, poor restaurant service but her work product shouldn’t be criticized….even with 2 assistants & a masters-degreed house husband. Even this post is double dipping “Truck Club” and Prime Wardrobe. She needs to pick a lane….content creator or professional sellout.

• Mary says
      Posted December 26, 2018

So agree. I have been following her since the beginning and I really enjoyed it and thought she was the sweetest person, but lately seeing her daily Instagram complaints – if I were a business owner, I would shudder to see her coming , not to mention the receiving free ice cream and feeling entitled to it, expecting her son’s teacher to wash out his lunchbox (seriously??), and now these sloppy blog posts and ads for anyone that will sponsor her … I am not snarking on her appearance at all, but the blog has taken a disappointing turn to say the least.

• Desperate4FreeCrap says
        Posted December 26, 2018

I forgot about the ice cream! Who steals someone’s ice cream and brags about it on social media?

• ElephantLegs says
        Posted December 26, 2018

I will snark on her body when she uses it to make money,

• Theresa says
        Posted December 26, 2018

This! Her appearance makes no difference to me but what has turned me off as a viewer is the sheer amount of ads and first world complaints. I have a feeling she thinks it makes her seem real and relatable but for me, she comes across as so ungrateful and totally unrelatable. She says she needs all the sponsored ads because it’s her job and she’s the bread winner of the family. I’m not sure why her husband would quit his seemingly lucrative job. I follow other bloggers and YouTubers who do it full time but all their husbands still work their regular job. And most will do a sponsored ad but it’s for a product they had mentioned in the past, unsponsored. If a blogger does an ad for a product they’ve already said they liked, I will believe their sponsored ad so much more. Or if they start out mentioning a product as sponsored and it shows up in a favorites video/post that isn’t sponsored, I’ll put a little more faith in their sponsored ads. Most of Kate’s sponsored content is limited only to her paid ads, never to be heard from again. Or they’ll condradict each other. She posts about Aldi in ads but I don’t think I’ve ever seen an Instastory showing her shopping at Aldi. Only Target or Ikea. So I’m sorry but I can’t believe her sponsored ads as genuine.
        And to publicly brag about getting shipments of a product intended for previous residents was horrifying to me. I could not believe it. Definitely unrelatable to me. Same with expecting a teacher to clean out a lunchbox and not bothering to clean it out herself. To throw it out was bizarre to me and again, unrelatable and mind boggling.

16. AMile says
    Posted December 26, 2018

I was excited to read today’s post after seeing the title. However, I’m disappointed to see the NYE outfit a Trunk Club stylist created for you, Kate. Surely she/he could have put a bit more thought and creativity into it? She/he couldn’t find a dress for you that didn’t need alterations to change the neckline? That seems like kind of a big deal, knowing how much alterations cost, for a dress to wear maybe only once since you’re losing baby weight. After seeing this, I definitely won’t be trying Trunk Club. I would expect more from a professional stylist.

• Donna Martin says

Absolutely agree.

• Annie says
      Posted December 26, 2018

I agree. And the entire outfit is over $500. I guess those dirty diaper ads pay well, lol.

17. EmilysDiapersMakeMoney says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Kate, love the post today! It’s the perfect explanation for anyone with a 5th grade education. Keep stuffing your face girlfriend with all the free pizza and ice cream you can get. #pizzalegs4life. #willbloganythingformoney.

18. Kristine says
    Posted December 26, 2018

I am really overwhelmed by the constant #ads these days. Very disappointing.

19. Cindy says
    Posted December 26, 2018

This post was truly awful. I used enjoy this blog but it seems to have taken a huge nosedive with all the #ads and shitty content. I am so sick of lazy bloggers making money doing absolutely bare minimum on these posts and on IG. Get a real job.

• JustinsCroc says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Amen sister. What other field exists where doing shit work is applauded by rabid fan girls?

20. Melody says
    Posted December 26, 2018

Are these comments for real? You have got to be kidding me! There are one, two or maybe three trolls that decided to try to bring her down. Jealousy is so hard to deal with but insecurity is even harder.

Kate, I have been a follower of the blog since 2011 and I’m a huge fan. I so appreciate your content! Any time you share your life with people, haters are going to hate.

• Angela says
      Posted December 26, 2018

2-3 “trolls”? No girl, no. Just other women smart enough to critique when it’s due, and Kate has had it coming for a long time. She can dish it out, so I’m sure she can take it?

I’m not a “hater” or a troll. Just another mom who would appreciate some honesty from someone I also used to like — or I thought I did until she showed her true colors on the daily. I would describe a “hater” as someone who wants to open IG and take to stories to complain and straight up bash people/other businesses every single day. Same goes for someone who wants to go to IG and watch that kind of negativity all the time!

• GimmeMoneyMommy says
      Posted December 26, 2018

Bring her down? Dramatic much, buttercup? Just because some readers question the authenticity of Thunder Thigh’s blog and her use of dirty diaper baby to earn money doesn’t mean we are haters. Inquiring minds are simply questioning what her brand really is now that she’s the bread winner. One day she’s stuffing her face with pizza, one day begging for free ice cream while trying to crouch down to replace an air filter all while not splitting her tuna jeans, and the next she’s making baby blog clicks sit in a soaking wet diaper until she’s gets the right photo shot.

• Melody says
        Posted December 26, 2018

I think it’s totally find to be an inquiring mind! But come on, instead of saying her name (“Kate”), you used “Thunder Thigh.” That’s a hater and a troll. If you really had an issue, you would email privately, not publicly.

• Lauren says
      Posted December 26, 2018

I’m another former fan of Kate. I loved her blog years ago. I dislike the infomercial nature of her blog now. That doesn’t make me a hater btw.

• Melody says
        Posted December 26, 2018

Haters are these people that come up with different hateful user names.

• PizzaThighs says
          Posted December 26, 2018

Maybe they just like pizza?

• Posted December 26, 2018

Trollers are going to troll. I know you want the attention from these bashing comments you’re leaving so I’ll stop here.

21. Jami says
    Posted December 26, 2018

I used to love this blog. I stumbled across it before you had David. Your blog, attitude, shady business practices and constantly filming your life rather than spending time with your family has turned me off. I find you to be dishonest, selfish and snooty. I find it ironic you are paid to sponsor Aldi but drone on and on about your Trader Joe’s trips. I find it disturbing that you so frequently bash companies and small businesses. I’m perplexed why you do an ad for a drugstore brand such as Neutrogena when a quick search of your blog, unless I’m mistaken, is a brand you haven’t praised or mentioned since 2015. I used to respect you. I no longer do.

I see women on here being nasty about your weight. I’ve struggled with weight my entire life so I get the struggles with trying to lose weight. I understand trying to eat healthy but making wrong choices. So, I will not join that body bashing club. But Kate, please own your body and be truthful about your size and struggle. People would respect you so much more and I think you’d actually gain readers.

I will no longer follow you. I just can’t in good conscience use my hard earned money to help fund your life as you share it now.

• Caroline says
      Posted December 26, 2018

I agree. I highly doubt she uses Neutrogena and shops at Aldi. Now it’s Amazon Show every day. She does brag in a subtle way. Honestly, her blog has become quite boring and uninteresting.

22. ...rotfl... says
    Posted December 26, 2018

I’m just living for the comments. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Molly says
      Posted December 26, 2018

I’m living for the usernames. I sense a theme.

Comments are closed.