The easiest cat eye in the world + Sephora’s Cyber Week deals

Alright the holidays are here. They are, just accept it! Today’s post is all about the easiest cat eye in the world and I’m also sharing details about Sephora‘s awesome Cyber Week promotions (do.not.miss.these!).

First of all, if you aren’t signed up to be a Sephora Beauty Insider Member do that now. It’s free and you simply earn points and get rewards, birthday gifts, and other awesome extras. More than ever it seems that Sephora is offering promotions for Beauty Insider Members so don’t delay!

Keep your eyes on Sephora’s website, or pop in store, to see their Daily Wow that will start on 11/20 and run through 11/26. On each day there will be a new item that is 50% off! That is kind of unheard of at Sephora so this is a big deal!

Today’s Daily Wow is Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara. This mascara changed the game when it was released a few years ago. It takes a little bit of practice but once you move quickly and apply it it will add crazy length and definition to your lashes that stay up all day!

So again, each day from now until 11/26 will feature a new Daily Wow, I’m just going to make Sephora my home page in my browser so I don’t miss it! On Black Friday there are going to be beauty steals under $15 and Cyber Monday promotions involve a sample bag as a part of certain purchases.

Since this is such a great time to stock up on makeup and beauty products, I wanted to share this easy cat eye makeup look so you can keep this in your back pocket for the next holiday party you attend. A cat eye lengthens and defines the eye area in such a flattering way, and the version I’m sharing in the video is totally doable no matter what your makeup skill level is. Don’t worry, liquid eyeliner is not involved in this cat eye!

The Sephora Pro Smudge brush is essential to this eyeliner technique. It’s tightly packed so you can get the softest definition without blending the eyeliner away. This brush is also great for adding eyeliner to the lower lash line, or even placing eyeshadow in a specific area, like on top of the eyeliner to soften the line, as well. I swap out eye makeup brushes often, and even change up my powder brush from time to time, but this is the only smudge brush I use.

In this post:

1. Posted November 20, 2018

Being a Sephora member is such a good tip! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

2. Posted November 20, 2018

I love Benefit’s products, but I’ve only tried their brow stuff… definitely need to give their mascara a try too! Can’t wait to check out all the deals during the sale 🙂

3. Heather says
    Posted November 20, 2018

I see you’re wearing an urban decay lipstick but where’s the link? Or at least mention the color ? It’s beautuful !

Posted November 20, 2018

The shade is Backtalk!

4. Posted November 20, 2018

Thank you for sharing this! I’ve been following the Sephora sales but completely missed They’re Real! on sale. I’m definitely picking up a few for my friends to go with their gifts!

Also – what shade of lipstick is this? It’s gorgeous!

Felicity | http://oliverandmoose.com

5. Allie says
    Posted November 20, 2018

You always find the best lipstick! I love that color on you.
    xAllie

6. Brooke says
    Posted November 20, 2018

What lipstick color is that?!

7. Suzanne says
    Posted November 20, 2018

Love this look! The link for the eyeliner is not working for me.

• Jen says
      Posted November 20, 2018

I couldn’t get it to work either. I want to say the it looks like an Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner…possibly in the shade Demolition. I think she’s mentioned that one before. Just a guess.

8. Bianca Fernandez says
    Posted November 20, 2018

The video is the diaper one, not the cat eye. Can’t wait to see it!

9. Michele says
    Posted November 20, 2018

Any suggestions for waterproof mascara that doesn’t pretty much immediately flake off and leave unsightly rings under the eyes? Bonus points if it’s a drug store buy!

10. Lori says
    Posted November 20, 2018

Such an easy cat-eye! Thanks!
    Can you share your lipstick brand and color?
    I can’t tell from the list of products which one you have on.

11. Jenny says
    Posted November 21, 2018

I saw you do this technique on either IG stories or in one of your Get Ready in Under 15 mins videos, and I’ve been doing it ever since. So easy! And I’m terrible at makeup. Lol.

12. Gwenyth Kieser says
    Posted November 21, 2018

Hello! Thank you for sharing all of your lovely tips on all things beauty.

I was wondering if you could share which shade of Urban Decay lipstick you are putting on in the pictures in this post (November 20)?

Thank you!

13. KDH says
    Posted November 26, 2018

I have been a long time reader (never commented before) but I just had to share how much I LOVE this beauty ‘hack’. I have completely hooded, almond shaped eyes and love an eyeliner ‘flick’ at the ends but liquid liner is too intense and time consuming for me for everyday – this ‘soft cat eye’ is everything I’ve been looking for! I immediately bought the brush, and it WORKED THE FIRST TIME! How did that happen!
    All this to say, thank you! I am so happy with this tip!

Posted November 27, 2018

I’m so happy to hear that!

14. Celeste M Benavides says
    Posted December 7, 2018

Hi Kate,

You did a insta story this week and mentioned a new highlighter. How can I re-watch that video to get the product details?

Thanks,