My Current Makeup Routine

It’s been awhile since I’ve filmed a “current makeup routine” video so I did just that for you! You can see that I’m dealing with some problem skin at the moment but despite that I wanted to share the products I’ve been loving lately!

While this certainly isn’t my DAILY makeup look, it’s a look I’d wear on a work day or any other day that I want to wear a full face of makeup!

Here is a list of the products I used in the video:

Bobbi Brown Face Base

NudeStix eye crayon in Putty

Sephora Mocha Latte eyeshadow

Urban Decay eyeliner in Demolition

Kat Von D liquid liner in Mad Max Brown

Benefit Roller Lash mascara

Cherry Blooms lash fibers

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation in 5.5 and 5

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away concealer in shade 3

Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder to Under Eyes

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe

MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW20 (I also love Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer)

Charlotte Tilbury Glow Palette (individual options would be Sephora bronzer, NARS liquid blush)

Bare Minerals liquid lipstick in Infamous

Sephora Pro Smudge brush

Some of my favorite makeup brushes can be found here!

P.S. I recently shared a video about how I cover blemishes because you can see I’m dealing with that right now!

In this post:

1. Posted November 1, 2018

Thank you for sharing your products! Will check out your recommendations 🙂

2. Sarah says
    Posted November 1, 2018

Do you put the Bobbi Brown Face Base over your morning skincare? Like, do you use a moisturizer underneath the base?

3. Jenene says
    Posted November 1, 2018

Do you like the magic away. Concealer better than urban decay all nighter?

Posted November 1, 2018

It’s a more natural looking finish than All Nighter, in my opinion, but both are great!

4. Caitlin says
    Posted November 1, 2018

Is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation your new favourite? Better than the Arbonne foundation?

Posted November 1, 2018

It’s very, very different. Arbonne is a full coverage foundation, Luminous Silk is more natural/radiane with medium coverage. It depends on what you are going for!

• Caitlin says
        Posted November 2, 2018

Thanks for your response! I LOVE the Arbonne also (from your recommendation) and the Giorgio Armani is $72 CAD, Ouch! I tried the Lancome Teint Idole and don’t like it as much as the Arbonne!

5. Angela says
    Posted November 1, 2018

Lovely routine! I really want to grab those NudeStix and the Luminous Silk foundation. It looks so natural on you!

Angela at Blush & Pearls

6. Kim says
    Posted November 1, 2018

I neeeed to try the Kat Von D liner! Love your look.

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. sweater midi dress under $20!

7. Michelle says
    Posted November 1, 2018

What is your favorite all time moisturizer? Bobbi Brown or the frest lotus youth preserve?

Posted November 2, 2018

I’ve used the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve for longer, both are great moisturizers!

8. susan says
    Posted November 2, 2018

Just a thought, but you may want to try more natural products to help clear your skin up. Trying new foundations and concealers a lot will freak my face out so I tend to stick with ones I know that are cleaner. Only hoping to help you out. Brands like Tarte and Bare Minerals are my go to.

9. Sarah says
    Posted November 2, 2018

Do you still use a moisturizer under the face base?

10. Janet says
    Posted November 2, 2018

What color in the Sephora bronzer is closest to the color you used?

Posted November 3, 2018

The lightest one!

11. Christine says
    Posted November 2, 2018

Love your blog!

12. Elaina says
    Posted November 3, 2018

Do you put any kind of gloss over the BareMinerals Iip colour?

13. Posted November 4, 2018

Thank you for your great blog, Kate. I am inspired! In fact, today I cleaned out all of my cosmetics, tossed those too old for words, cleaned all my brushes and replaced my make up mirror. And cleaned and straightened and beautified the whole make up area. I’m having such fun thanks to your blog that I want the space to support that!

The process made me think of some questions for you. If you’ve covered them in the past, my apologies.
    1) make up mirror…what do you use? Features you rely on?
    2) how to you organize and store makeup? How do you keep it from sprawling across acres of counter space?
    3) I use the Bobby Brown brush cleaner…but it’s a little light on instructions. I just keep washing until the water runs clear. Is there anything else to it? Any tips for getting the powder brushes to dry faster?
    4) what makeup to you take in your purse for “touch-ups” throughout the day? brushes?
    5)what do you think about microblading/brow tatoos for older women. I’m afraid if I have a facelift in five years things will get seriously weird. In the meantime, I have even less brow hair than you so it’s tempting.
    6) Andree Ali was a great find. Thanks for featuring her.
    7) and, finally, as a fellow southern woman, I’d love to see how you style your NC home for the holidays with an active family. The South has such distinctive, gorgeous style (imo)

Thank you again for all you do!

Mary Foley, Charlottesville

14. Katie says
    Posted November 6, 2018

Would love more info on how you used the Cherry Blooms lash fibers. I’m very interested in this product but want to know more. I see that you are using it differently – with your own mascara instead of the gel it’s sold with. Is that the secret!? Love your videos are blog!

15. Jaime says
    Posted November 18, 2018

What powder did you use to set your concealer??

16. MiCaela Sticka says
    Posted November 18, 2018

What brush did you use to apply the Sephora Mocha latte?