links + loves

I’m pretty sure Jordan said “Just stand there and look like a cool Madewell person” and this is what I did.

top, jeans, similar shoes

If you see any classes advertised that are teaching “how not to look like a moron” I’ll sign myself up.

Last week I had the PLEASURE of hosting a styling session at Madewell and it was so much fun. I’m hoping to do another one in the spring as it is always a joy to meet blog readers in person. Unsurprisingly we always have something in common and it’s like chatting with an instant friend. For those who couldn’t make it I thought I’d round up some top picks from Madewell at the bottom of the post to check out!

A pretty new eyeshadow palette from ItCosmetics. I love a basic, neutral eyeshadow palette and this one looks great!

I tried these No7 Instant Results Revitalizing Hydrogel Eye Masks and DANG they made my under eye area feel tight, refreshed, and less puffy. I’ve already bought myself another box.

There is a new darker wash of Road Tripper jeans from Madewell which is a great add to the line if you ask me. The Orson wash was fantastic but felt a bit casual so I love the darker Jansen wash!

I shared a photo of my face with many blemishes earlier this week, did you catch that?

25 Things To Get Rid Of This Fall.

I love the front entryway that she shared in the first photo of the post!

How cute are these booties with the tie?!

Do you have any weekend plans? It’s finally supposed to dip below 80 here in Raleigh and I’m THRILLED TO DEATH about it. Also, the NC State Fair is happening and I’m hoping to go this weekend!

In this post:

1. Posted October 12, 2018

Love your links as always!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

2. A. C. says

LOL Kate…You look great as always 🙂

3. Allie says
    Posted October 12, 2018

I love the booties! Sam Edelman has the best shoes, I just got pumps from them that look just like Chanel.
    Happy Friday! xAllie

4. Rena says
    Posted October 12, 2018

I just saw your pictures with the break out and want to thank you for the great make-up tutorial!
    xx Rena

5. lilly says
    Posted October 12, 2018

HA! hilarious! that reminds me, when are you bringing back the office cubicle chats? right up my alley! have a great weekend!

Posted October 12, 2018

Oh yes I need to do that!

6. Angela says
    Posted October 12, 2018

I really want to try the No7 range – sounds wonderful! My under eye area has seen better days.

Angela at Blush & Pearls

7. Jen says
    Posted October 12, 2018

Any chance you have a flat iron comparison in the works similar to your curling iron and blow dryer ones? My crazy hair could use some smoothing with a great iron but if there’s a great one at a great price point that’d be amazing! Any product recommendations for smoothing our crazy hair?

8. Emily says
    Posted October 12, 2018

Ohh the No7 eye masks sound great! I always seem to be tired haha, so I may give these a go. Thank you for sharing x

Emily | http://www.twicethetalk.co.uk

9. Dawn says
    Posted October 12, 2018

Have you tried lange product flat iron? Thx dawn

10. Steph Zuehlke says
    Posted October 12, 2018

Would you ever consider doing a tutorial on how to do the half tucked in blouse look? It may seem silly, but I cannot figure out how to do it so that it looks good. Thanks so much!

• Katie says

Seconded!

11. Katie says
    Posted October 12, 2018

Kate you’re adorable! But if you do find those classes, uhhhh, I’ll sign up too 😉

12. Posted October 14, 2018

Had NO idea you lived in Raleigh…I’ve basically been living under a rock all my life! I would love to come to one of your styling sessions! Do you send out information in your newsletter about them? I’m new to the area…well, kind of! I just moved from Holden Beach (born and raised there) and I’m just hoping to meet others in the area!

Best,
    Savannah Patrone

13. Shannon says
    Posted October 16, 2018

Kate!! I just got my first pair of Madewell jeans—the Roadtripper!! They didn’t have the jeans in short for me, so they offered to alter them. Did you know they do free alterations?!
    I also recycled a pair of jeans and got $20 off per your recommendation. So excited ! You’re the best—thank you!!

14. Ashley says
    Posted October 17, 2018

Kate, can you describe the differences between the two Roadtripper washes? It doesn’t seem like a big difference on the computer screen. I have the Orsen wash per your suggestion and they are my favorite jeans ever! Is the Jansen wash worth the buy? Thanks!

Posted October 17, 2018

The Jansen is a darker wash! I like it for a slightly dressier jean!