Emily’s Newborn Photos

Jordan Maunder has shot all of the newborn photos for my kids. Before I knew her, I had hired a different photographer to take David’s newborn photos, and this woman took them, edited them, but then never gave them to me. Thankfully she’s out of business and has also been taken to court by clients whose WEDDING she shot and never handed over the photos.  So upon realizing I would never receive the newborn photos of my first baby, I became desperate to hire someone else to take them! When I browsed through Jordan’s website and saw how beautiful her work was, I basically asked her, “when is the soonest you can get here?!” She showed up within the next 48 hours and took amazingly perfect photos of David.

We became fast friends and she has been my go-to photographer for anything for the past 4 1/2 years. And more than that, she’s like a sister to me, so other than saving the day when I was upset that I’d never have newborn photos of my firstborn, she’s a dear friend and my kids love her too. The boys were in school the morning we took these but we have family photos planned for this month!

Jordan came over a week after Emily was born to take these photos and, as expected, they are perfect. I thought I’d share just a few of my favorites here!

Can you believe all of Emily’s dark hair? David was bald and Luke had some hair but it wasn’t nearly this dark or thick!

The pink blanket she’s wrapped in below was knit by my dad’s mom. All my of grandparents are deceased but I so wish they could have met my kids!

I will forever be thankful for these photos. This season of newborn life can feel long and hard at times, but it’s truly over so quickly. I know I will look back at these and wish I could return to this stage!

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. Posted June 8, 2018

The photos are precious! What a beautiful family 🙂

2. Colleen says

Beautiful!

3. Holly Allen says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Oh the yawning picture is my favorite! What a great shot!

4. Dawn says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Seems like just a day ago my third kid, my 9 month old, was that age. Oh how tiring but so very special. They change on a daily basis and although I’m not getting up at night with him anymore, I do miss that special time snuggled up to me. Do savor every moment (even when things are busy and hectic) because it’s over all too fast. 😪 I know you know this but as I’m typing it’s a reminder to me too! 🙂

5. Allie says
    Posted June 8, 2018

The photos are beautiful! I love the one where she’s yawning, it’s amazing how such a tiny baby can make such a big yawn! Absolutely precious.
    Thank you so much for sharing! xAllie

6. Beth says
    Posted June 8, 2018

These are perfect! ❤ Blessings to your beautiful family. Your posts are sunshine in my day!

7. Karly says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Awww! These photos are precious! Love her dark hair!

8. Kelly says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Absolutely amazing. Emily is just precious. The love shared between the three of you in these photos is so evident. I cannot wait to see her grow. I just love it when you share about David and Luke and the things they are doing and into. They are just stinking cute. And I loved your instastory from yesterday when David said to Luke “Just back up Luke”. I was dying.

9. Mary says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Oh my goodness! Adorable!! I love babies. I cannot wait until I have my first in October.

10. Kim says
    Posted June 8, 2018

These photos are precious!!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. SUNSCREEN!

11. Heather says
    Posted June 8, 2018

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE her hair! Thanks for sharing!

12. Charlotte says

Beautiful photos!
    Our wedding photographer didn’t have any film in her camera at our wedding yet she kept clicking away so we would think she did 😮 We have maybe 5 really good pictures that friends of ours had taken.

UHG that’s terrible!

13. Sandra says
    Posted June 8, 2018

So precious. What a blessing! I love that she looks like her Daddy and the boys look like their Mama. Keep up the great work, you are an amazing Mom.

14. Steph C says
    Posted June 8, 2018

They are beautiful! What a treasure they will be for you!

15. Brittany Lever says
    Posted June 8, 2018

She’s beautiful and so alert!!

16. Nicole says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Aww I so love the photo of you holding her to your chest, with her eyes wide open. Very sweet 🙂

17. Lisa says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Beautiful photos! Sadly you hear too many stories about similar situations with photographers! Would you consider doing another post about styling for newborn and family pictures? I’m expecting my 2nd and never did newborn photos with my first and always struggle deciding on what to wear especially a week or 2 after giving birth! I found lots of info on Pinterest for maternity shoots but not post baby newborn lifestyle shoots. Thanks!

18. Debra says

Beautiful!

19. Alyssa says
    Posted June 8, 2018

She is so beyond precious. All of your babies are!

20. Dorian says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Oh my goodness she is just so precious! All of the photos are beautiful but that last one…oh my!

21. carmen says
    Posted June 8, 2018

Oh, how very precious! She will have a safe and loving home. Her life will be wonderful. Your lives will be enriched! Enjoy every moment!

22. Kate says
    Posted June 8, 2018

She is such a BEAUTIFUL little girl Kate!! Congratulations!!
    I’ve loved following your blog, for all your hair and make up tips but also the journey of motherhood. ( I had my first baby about the time you had David).

23. Pearl says
    Posted June 8, 2018

So beautiful… first started following you for the hair/beauty stuff but I now love hearing about your lovely family! Love and best wishes from the UK xx

24. Julie says
    Posted June 8, 2018

The yawn photo is I believe my favorite. She’s beautiful and I’m thankful she’s here, healthy and now the fun of a little girl begins. Enjoy (which I know you will) each moment. They fly fast. I’ve enjoy following you way before you had kids.

25. Cathy Beshore says

Oh Kate, Emily’s pictures are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for
    sharing them with us. I’ll be anxious to see pictures of her with her two, adorable brothers. You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family!!

26. Anne says
    Posted June 8, 2018

So precious! That beautiful dark hair is still such a shock every time I see a picture of her. Just gorgeous! Welcome Emily!

27. Yvonne says
    Posted June 8, 2018

What lovely and beautiful photos!

I just discovered your blog today, and when I read the bit about the photographer that never delivered….I thought to myself, that sounds just like a photographer in the NC area…. and of course you’re from NC! What a small world!

28. Marah says

Wonderful pictures, Kate! She really looks like you in the one in the crib 💟

29. Jeanette Scholtz says
    Posted June 9, 2018

She’s absolutely pretty. Enjoy every moment.

30. Jeanette Scholtz says
    Posted June 9, 2018

She’s absolutely pretty. Enjoy every moment. So blessed.

31. Bren says
    Posted June 10, 2018

As a knitter, I can’t tell you how much it would mean to me to know that my Great-Grandbabies were wrapped up in a blanket I made years before…xo

32. Lisa says
    Posted June 10, 2018

Hi Kate! Congratulations on baby Emily. I have a 3 week old baby boy in Michigan and am interested in the fan you have on your stroller. I saw it on Istastories but can no longer find it. Can please send me the link to the fan?

33. EMILY B says
    Posted June 10, 2018

congrats on Emily! Jordan took my boys’s newborn photos too! she is the best!

34. Michelle says
    Posted June 10, 2018

That happened with OUR wedding photographer! About a month after our wedding we found out his shop was closed. Long story short, one year later (and lots of tears later) we literally had to meet him in some back alley to get our album & negatives! It was a nightmare but at least we finally got the pictures.

35. Posted June 11, 2018

Oh, it’s so cute! You so lucky you found such a good photographer!

36. Sherry says
    Posted June 11, 2018

So incredibly precious, the one of her looking right into the camera laying on your chest……those eyes !! Just beautiful.

Have a wonderful week and thanks again for sharing so much of your lives with us.

37. Jessica says
    Posted June 11, 2018

So beautiful. I know most newborns have grey/blue eyes, but here’s look bright blue! How gorgeous would it be if she had dark hair with bright blue eyes?! <3

38. Stef says