What does my maternity leave look like?

Maternity leave, in the traditional sense, has never looked traditional for me. When I was pregnant with my first son back in 2013, I was working both behind the chair and on the blog. About halfway through my pregnancy, I decided to close up shop in my private studio and simply focus on the blog for my career. I did my best to prep content to automatically go live while I was figuring out those first few weeks of motherhood, but I’m pretty sure I was drafting posts and responding to e-mails within a week of being home with baby David. I took it a little easier with Luke, but still jumped back in relatively quickly!

With this baby, I don’t know if it’s the mindset of this likely being our last, or just maturity on my part, but I’ve been working very diligently on setting up some time for me to truly unplug and rest after having this baby. That’s pretty much impossible in my industry, but there are a lot of things I CAN do ahead of time to continue providing blog posts and other content while I’m out!

For the month of May, I have lots of beauty and lifestyle posts going live that have been scheduled ahead of time! The posting schedule is pretty consistant to what you’ve come to expect in the past! You may not even notice any changes!  I’m planning on easing back into a regular work routine (whatever THAT looks like!!) at some point in June.

I may be a bit slower than usual in responding to comments, so I’d ask that you be patient with me for the month of May! I’ll more than likely be oversharing on Instagram Stories and my feed, so be sure to follow along over there!

I think this a lot more than I say it: Thanks for following along and reading the blog. The community and interaction from you all is what makes this blog so fulfilling for me! I’m grateful to be able to share bits and pieces of my family life with you all as well!

SaveSave

1. Allie says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Comgratulations!! She’s beautiful! I’ll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Welcome to the world Emily!
    Lots of love,
    Allie

2. Posted May 10, 2018

You deserve the rest, Kate! Your readers will still be around when you return. Can’t wait to see the new baby! 🙂

3. Chelsey says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations again!! And yes, please take plenty of time to rest!! Your family is beautiful!! 😀

4. Katie says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations to you and your family, Kate! I have come to enjoy your work immensely over the past several months, and I admire your dedication to it. More importantly, I admire your obvious love for your family and the way you embrace every day as though it were a gift. I know that you get to choose what others see of your life in social media, but I’m fairly certain that your private time is equally (if not more) blessed. Enjoy your time away! There is nothing like those first few weeks after having a new little one, when your only responsibility is to be and to adjust and to enjoy your little family. 💜

5. Mary Anna says
    Posted May 10, 2018

I love the blog, and reading all your posts, and your Instagram videos are my favorite! It feels like we can also be a part of your lives, and keep up with you, so I look forward to seeing your adorable new little girl in the upcoming months! Congratulations!!

6. Abbey Mooney says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Kate, your little girl is gorgeous, congratulations! Prayers for a smooth transition and much needed sleep. 🙂 Enjoy this time off with your sweet family, it goes fast, my 3rd is almost 2! Can’t wait to hear how your first month goes as a family of 5!! Enjoy!

7. Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations on your little girl! I have followed you for a long time, love your posts. I don’t really do much makeup or many hair products, color, or time on my hair (and I’m never truly happy with it) but your styling and braiding videos have been useful! I’m a thrift store shopper, but still like seeing what high-end brands you wear so I know what to search for. I love reading about your boys.

8. Melinda says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Kate, Congratulations on your and Family’s new gift from God. I’m an Follower of your Blog and wish the very best for You and your Family. May God Bless y’all!

9. Kim says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congrats on the sweet little babe and take your time coming back. You deserve so much time than just a couple of weeks! Love on that little baby and enjoy that time with your whole family with as few distractions as possible!

10. Alicia says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations on your baby girl! She’s beautiful! And take as long as you need. Its so cliche, but it really is so true…they are only this tiny once! And it doesn’t last long! 🙂

11. Susan Schnitzler says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful little girl, Emily! Please take time to enjoy the precious moments of being home with your boys and new daughter as these moments will never happen again. This blog will be here and so will we. Cherish the snuggles, cuddles and love as you acclimate to being a mommy of three!

12. Posted May 10, 2018

Very sweet. God bless you.

13. Jenny says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations on your new baby! Very pleased for you all.

14. Diane says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Kate– Congratulations to you and your family on little Emily! Rest well! Thank you so much for sharing your good news!

15. Eva says
    Posted May 10, 2018

I’m so glad you’ll be taking a break to enjoy time with your new baby! Enjoy every second!

16. Chris says
    Posted May 10, 2018

I don’t use instagram so I hope you’ll share some over here or on Facebook too. Congratulations! I was so excited to see her when Lauren posted the picture- for some reason her post came up in my feed first. 🙂 Your daughter is lovely. Wishing you all the best- I can’t believe I started reading your blog before you had any of the kids!

17. Amy says
    Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations Kate to you and your beautiful family!!

18. Posted May 10, 2018

Congrats on your beautiful daughter. She’ll be spoiled and protected by her brothers 🙂

19. Posted May 10, 2018

Congratulations on your baby girl Kate! And Happy Mother’s Day to you and all the beautiful moms out there!

20. Allie says
    Posted May 11, 2018

Thank you so much for queuing up posts and content for us to enjoy while you take a minute with your family. Enjoy it! xAllie

21. Jessica says
    Posted May 11, 2018

Thanks for all you do!

22. Traci says
    Posted May 13, 2018

Take all the time you need. I’m so happy for your family. We had two girls and then two boys. I’m so glad I get to experience parenthood with each gender, because they really are wonderfully different. I look forward to the cute little girl hairstyles!

23. Becca says
    Posted May 13, 2018

No thing as ‘oversharing’ on instagram! Especially when we’re talking about babies, kids & beauty products! Enjoy sometime off as you can and know we all enjoy the glimpses of life you share with us!

24. Ellen says
    Posted May 13, 2018

We will be there whenever you are ready to come back. Please don’t rush this precious time with your family. It goes so quickly, savor every minute.

25. Carolyn Cheeseman says
    Posted May 13, 2018

I comment all the time, just so you know how much I enjoy you and the family and all your hard work! But I never ever ever expect a reply! Especially when I leave little comments on your stories! And I bet most ppl are the same! So you just enjoy your sweet baby (babies!) And spam us with stories and pics lol

26. Stel says
    Posted May 14, 2018

Congratulations on your lovely little girl. Enjoy your down time!