March beauty favorites + 2 dud products

I’m elated that March is over! Not only am I one day closer to meeting my THIRD BABY (I know I’m talking about this a lot but it is literally on my mind constantly in the best of ways) but March held pretty much nothing other than cold and dreary days. I left the Midwest for a reason, and there has not been a more Midwest type of weather/climate month in the history of my entire time in the South than the month of March.

So, onward and upward. And warmer-ward.

I have a bunch of great products to tell you about, and I’m also sharing 2 products that totally let me down. Check out the video below, and find links to everything right here in the post!

FYI, I mentioned my blog post about tanning products in the video, and you can simply click here to go read it! I also referred to this post about my 3 daily skincare products!

Products mentioned:

Sephora bronzer, shade 1 (but bad news…this was discontinued!)

Bite Matte Creme Lip Crayon in Peche

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Fresh Black Tea Age Delay body cream

Bobbi Brown Face Base

Living Proof Restore Smooth Blowout Concentrate

Living Proof Restore Perfecting Spray

Kenra Dry Volume Burst

And the products that didn’t deliver…

St. Tropez Gradual Tan Pre Shower

NYX 3-in-1 brow

In this post:

1. Posted March 28, 2018

Thank you for the reviews! I can’t quite believe March is over too – and even though I always say this, it seems like yesterday we were ringing in the new year… 🍃

2. Allie says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I used to use UD primer potion then totally forgot about it until my makeup artist used it for my wedding and I was like, oh yeah this stuff is awesome! I’m excited to try the Bobbi Brown face base! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

3. Genee' Derks says
    Posted March 28, 2018

Please compare flat irons like you did for curling irons! That was so informative & super helpful.

4. Any Ka says
    Posted March 28, 2018

Wow!!! I am very happy to have fallen on your video, merciiiii 😉

5. kathy says
    Posted March 28, 2018

That lipstick looks amazing on you!

• kathy says
      Posted March 28, 2018

It looks like a different color when I click on it, but it is the same name.

• Missy Malone says
        Posted March 30, 2018

I already had that same colour Bite lipstick (peche) and mine is way more tangerine than what hers looks like.

6. Michele says
    Posted March 28, 2018

Oh man, I’m so affected by seasons lasting too long, too! This was particularly true when I was pregnant with my second child this time last year…I was pretty much chewing on the walls to get out and have winter be done (and I’m a cold weather girl!) hoping for warmer days ahead when I can get the kid stuff out and playing!

7. Katie says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I’m IN the midwest & it’s felt like the far north this year…so it’s all relative. 😉

8. Kim says

I love St Tropez! Love this

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. last minute Easter outfit tips!

9. Jen says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I would love to know what shampoo and conditioner that you used lately and mentioned in yesterday’s insta-story. I’m always on the hunt!

10. Brittney says
    Posted March 28, 2018

Thanks for putting value and weight to the weather having an affect on us! I’ve felt so much this way but haven’t given myself validity in that area. You speaking plainly to that was weirdly and encouragement that I’m not alone here! Hoping for sunnier days ahead, hugs from Kentucky.

11. Morgan says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I just got the NYX 3 in 1 brow pencil over the weekend. Wanted to love it, but you’re right – it’s pretty dang dark. I got Ash Brown because often colors labeled taupe are too orangey. I like the pencil portion of the product just fine – color’s good, goes on easily. I used the sponge tip to apply the powder and it was WAY TOO DARK. Blended it out a bit with an eyebrow brush and it got better, but then I made the mistake of adding the gel…don’t be like me. Don’t use the gel. Also way too dark and messy. I’m trying to make it work because I’m #lazy and don’t want to drive to Ulta to return it. I’ve found that if I apply the powder with an angled brush, it gives a much more natural effect. Still skipping the gel though. Womp Womp.

12. Eva says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I hated this March too!!! Such terrible weather. Would love to try that Bite lipstick!!

Eva | http://www.shessobright.com

13. Kim says
    Posted March 28, 2018

I left the Midwest for the NC and I completely agree with you. It’s been a horrible March! I want my nice Southeweather back!!

14. Norine says
    Posted March 28, 2018

How do you get your hair so perfect?! What prodcuts did you use in the pic in your last post. Also, what cut do you have right now? I SO want your hair, its amazing!

15. Christy Lednum says
    Posted March 29, 2018

What were the tanning products that you do recommend? You touched on them at the end when you talked about the bad preshower stuff. Would love to know what you know works. I’m super pale and need some of that sun kissed glow!!

Posted March 29, 2018

I linked to the post about them in this blog post! Check right below the embedded video!

16. Missy Malone says
    Posted March 30, 2018

You may not have seen the question I asked on Instagram but just wondering if you use any facial exfoliating products??? Any alpha or beta hydroxy, retinol, or any of those type products. I am 48 with large pores and beginning to see wrinkles, just curious what to try. Thanks for all your hints and instructions.

17. Posted April 9, 2018

FINALLY watching!
    I may try this Kenra spray because the Living Proof isn’t my favorite. I remember to shake, shake, shake like it says. I keep moving. What I forget is that it rips any curl I have put in right out of my hair. It’s nuts! I’ll grab it after curling my hair for a little root boots and then, blech. My hair holds curl like a beast. This stuff rips it out in an instant. So, it works great if I’ve straightened my hair.
    So, for my next Ulta 20% off prestige, I’m going to try this Kenra spray.