links + loves

two cute boys in a bath

I have to be honest – celebrating Valentine’s Day has never been terribly high on my list of things to do in February. The decorations are really cute, and the boys will get little valentines to take to preschool, but I’ve decided to pretty much blow past that holiday this year. Luke’s 3rd birthday is right around the corner, so we are going to focus on that since we tend to focus on birthdays in my family.

Do you have any plans?

On an unrelated note, I started using Stamps.com to print postage at home after hearing about it on almost every single podcast I listen to, and I’m happy to report that it is INCREDIBLY easy and I love that I don’t have to wait at the post office anymore. I still need to go to the post office to drop off large packages, but otherwise I can slip almost anything in my mailbox. If you hate the post office like I do, try Stamps.com. This is not sponsored, just to be clear. If you want a special offer, you can enter this code in at check out “C-5CVQ-P9V“.

I made this dip recently for a get together with friends and my only regret was not doubling or TRIPLING the recipe. It’s that good.

I bought this wrap to wear in the gym locker room when I’m getting ready, it’s so soft and made of thick material!

A helpful post on great white paint colors for your home!

I love a classic tan trench coat but this striped one has caught my eye for springtime!

Have the Roadtripper jeans always been $75? I thought they were more expensive but I guess I was wrong! Either way, if you are in the market for new jeans, these are the ones I would tell you you buy. I miss wearing mine!

Found this CUTE maternity dress at Target recently and it’s only $24.99!

I hope you have a fun weekend! We have rain on tap from tomorrow until pretty much the end of time it looks like, but it’s a good time for me to decorate Luke’s new “big boy” room!

p.s. for more recent links + loves, check out here and here!

SaveSave

1. linda grast says
    Posted February 9, 2018

Could you maybe explain the room change for Luke? It’s a little confusing and seems really small for a growing boy. Why not put the new baby in the smaller room?

Posted February 9, 2018

Nursery furniture (chair for nursing, changing table, crib, dresser) fits better in a larger room. We almost never play in our bedrooms anyway, we have a playroom at the end of the hall upstairs. And it’s not as small as it may look in photos.

2. Posted February 9, 2018

Happy Friday, dear! I had no idea you could buy stamps online – it sounds so convenient, going to check the site out now! 🙂

3. Posted February 9, 2018

I’m completely with you on Valentine’s Day – we usually stay in and maybe cook a nicer dinner, but I just don’t love going out on that night.

That dip looks absolutely amazing – wishing the Super Bowl was this weekend instead, so that I could make it!

4. Rena says
    Posted February 9, 2018

I don’t have any plans for VD as it is not usual to celebrate this day in my generation in Bavaria 🙂
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

5. LittleFlower says
    Posted February 9, 2018

Valentines Day is on Ash Wednesday this year – not ideal for a day we are fasting! So we are rolling Valentines Day and Mardi Gras together on Feb 13 and all that will entail is probably just dessert after dinner! Keeping it simple!

6. Heidi says
    Posted February 9, 2018

USPS will pick up your packages at home for free. Just go online and schedule a pick up. Super easy. I think the only stipulation is that it can’t be over 50 pounds. I know UPS will pick up too but think it’s a $5 fee.

• Sarah O says
      Posted February 9, 2018

I didn’t know that! Awesome.

7. Allie says
    Posted February 9, 2018

I love that striped trench coat! I also saw a gingham one that is lovely from Boden. Something about rain gear is so fun! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

8. Kim says
    Posted February 9, 2018

I need a good wrap for the gym.. My towel is always falling off!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. What to Expect at NYFW!

9. Megan says
    Posted February 9, 2018

The roadtrippers were $100 when they first came out! When I saw they dropped in price a few months ago, I ordered a second pair!

• Sarah O says
      Posted February 9, 2018

The description of the jeans says to order the short hem if you need them, but they don’t offer that option. I’ll have to keep an eye out I guess.

10. Sarah O says
    Posted February 9, 2018

We are going out to dinner sans kids, at a “nice” restaurant that always has the BEST dessert. I don’t think last year we did anything special, and I’d be ok with that too. But the husband suggested we go out, so we are. It’s nice to do something fancy every once in awhile for V day.

11. Ashley says
    Posted February 9, 2018

I almost made the cheesy bacon jalapeno dip for SB Sunday and opted for a homemade queso dip instead. The queso was good, not great. Going to put this recipe back at the top of my ToMake list! Thanks Kate!

12. Ashley says
    Posted February 9, 2018

You can skip the post office all together, even for big packages! You can set up free pick ups right from your phone on the USPS app. Your postman picks it up when your mail is delivered for the day.

13. Eva says
    Posted February 9, 2018

Your kids are so cute! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Eva | http://www.shessobright.com

14. Candice W. says
    Posted February 11, 2018

I used to use stamps.com but found that I was paying for a service I could get for free from USPS.com or through PayPal shipping. Through those options you can ship anything priority or not. Just throwing this out there as a secondary option…

15. Mary says
    Posted February 12, 2018

Dip sounds great! Did you use fresh parmesean or the “sprinkle on top of your spaghetti” kind that comes in a can?

Posted February 13, 2018