3 minute makeup for a busy day

On days that I’m running around with the kids, or just have random things to get done that are not work related, I go super light with my makeup. Like, usually only concealer.

But occasionally I’ll kick that up a notch if I’m meeting a friend for a playdate or have an appointment. It’s nice to have a quick 3 minute makeup routine in practice so I can pull myself together on a busy morning and feel confident about how my makeup looks!

These have been the products I’ve been enjoying lately for a natural, dewy, and very simple makeup look!

1. Anastasia Brow Wiz in blonde. This is a touch warm for my taste, but I can live with it. The best eyebrow color I’ve found to match my neutral, ashy base color is Hourglass Arch brow pencil in platinum blonde. It’s basically grey, but it matches so well.
  2. fresh Sugar lip treatment in Rose. Loved this for years. Makes my lips feel very hydrated with a touch of rosy pink.
  3. Benefit Roller Lash. This is my tried and true favorite mascara, and has been for years. It works great with my thin, weak lashes to keep them curled! I would love for it to add more thickness to the lashes, but overall I’m pleased with the clump-free definition it delivers.
  4. Nars liquid blush (shade O*) This is such a beautiful pink! It feels fresh and spring-like on my face.
  5. RMS beauty Un Cover-Up in shade 00. I wanted to try this as soon as I started looking into natural beauty products, and this got so many great reviews. I find that it covers well, without looking too heavy, and it blends in beautifully with just my finger to make it look like “skin”.

Here is a quick selfie I snapped this morning from my phone to show you all of these products against my skin.

Oh and I cut my hair! I feel like a new woman! Isn’t it funny how much a haircut can make you feel uplifted and lighter?!

*I’m not typing out the full name of this blush as it may be a blocked term for some readers which would prevent them from visiting the site.

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. Veronica Coleman says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Kate I always get such good hair inspiration from you. Thank you!! What does the back look like??

2. Posted February 22, 2018

The look is so natural and pretty! Love that it’s so minimal and takes only 3 minutes. Perfect for busy work weekdays. 🙂

3. Ashley lewis says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Do u put mascara on ur bottom lashes? I sometimes wonder if it is ok to only do the top?

Posted February 22, 2018

When I’m doing more makeup I will, but on quick days I’ll just put it on the top!

4. Kelly says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Kate! Love the hair. I love you with shorter hair!!! This makeup look is amazing too. Really brightens up your face. Will have to try this. It is so hard to go from a full face of makeup Monday-Friday for work, and then I usually go with nothing – unless going out. You make it all look so easy my friend.

If the baby is a girl – is Choke still in the running? Your boys crack me up. I still remember Luke with “PASTAHHHHH” and your post of him talking about Chap Stick. And c’mon, David and his spatula!!!

My daughter had an imaginary friend named Johnson. He was always around. She told us that eventually he moved to India. Imaginations rock!

5. Brittany says
    Posted February 22, 2018

That liquid blush is amazing! I love it and use it almost every day. As an added bonus, I find one drop covers plenty so I’m guessing a bottle will last me 425 years.

• Sara says

Hahahahah!

6. Rose says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Do you use a setting powder with the foundation? Does it.lewve a tacky feeling without?

Posted February 22, 2018

I only use it as concealer on quick days, so no!

7. Jen says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Love the quick easy makeup tips! I’ve been looking back at older posts trying to get product ideas. The It Cosmetics CC Cream was in an older quick makeup post. Any hints on the differences between the It Cosmetics CC Cream and the RMS Uncover? Or would you recommend one over the other?

8. Allie says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Those are all my staples too, plus bare minerals original foundation and Glossier boy brow. It’s nice to have some go tos, especially in early mornings! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

9. Meg says

Gorgeous! Can’t wait to try all of them! 🙂

10. Nipa says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Kate, it’s so nice to see a true no-makeup-makeup look. I remember looking it up on you tube a while ago and was shocked to see influencers who used 10+ different products to create their everyday look! Thanks for being real

Posted February 22, 2018

Appreciate that! I’m definitely wearing SOME makeup here, just not a full face!

11. Mary Anna says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Your eyelashes are to die for!! I have long but stick straight eyelashes that refuse to hold a curl- I have looked into the lash lift but no one around me does them! Is this a good mascara to help hold curl throughout the day? My poor blonde eyelashes need help!

Posted February 22, 2018

I really like Roller Lash by Benefit, it works great on mine even when they aren’t “lifted”

• Mary Anna says
        Posted February 22, 2018

Thanks! I will continue looking for a lash lift around my area, but will definitely try this mascara! LOVE your blog by the way!

12. Angela Jane Lomax says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Very pretty look. Bet the hair is much easer. Love it xx

13. Sabiha says
    Posted February 22, 2018

The liquid blush by Nars is on my wishlist – it looks so pretty x

franklyflawless.com

14. Rashelle says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Do you have any videos showing how you apply the liquid blush? I’ve never used liquid before!

15. Michele says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Can you give us some advice (or a post) on choosing and using liquid or cream blush? I’ve been tempted to try it, but feel like I’d look like a toddler playing in Mommy’s makeup bag (I can’t be the only one with that picture in their baby book!).

Also, do you use waterproof mascara? Have you found mascara to flake and mess up your under eye concealer? I’ve become so annoyed by it, and wondered if there was anyone with any ideas on how to stop that from happening.

Great hair…you did a great job on your sister, too! Gotta flip a coin to figure out which of you to copy😉

Posted February 23, 2018

I don’t like wearing waterproof mascara because it’s too difficult to get off. You are better off setting your concealer with powder to avoid mascara flakes from sticking to your concealer!

• Susan says
      Posted February 23, 2018

I have personally found that two coats of a non waterproof mascara followed by only 1 of a waterproof formula prevents the flakes, holds it in place, gives almost waterproof performance (ie, stays when I tear/cry), but then comes off really easily because the base layers are not waterproof.

• Michele says
        Posted February 23, 2018

Thanks, ladies! I need to try non waterproof…my emotions are so loose cannon lately (new baby and new teaching position) so I’m nervous, but it’s so flaky I wind up looking waaaaay more tired than I really am!

Posted February 24, 2018

Thats a good idea!

16. Ashley says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Roller Lash is a great eye-opening mascara!

17. Stephanie Millard says

Kate,
    I am a very natural light blonde with ashy undertones. I have found the best color in eyebrow pencil is Sephora’s Waterproof Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in neutral gray brown. I swear I’ve tried them all and have found most to be too warm for me as well. This one is also @ a great price point. I’ve been known to touch up my eyebrows with a regular graphite pencil, in desperate times ….lol.
    Love your blog – Kindest regards,
    Stephanie

Great to know!!

18. Posted February 22, 2018

This is such a great routine! Love it <3

19. Kristi says
    Posted February 22, 2018

I recently discovered Dr. Jart Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment and love it for “no makeup” makeup days!

20. Tara says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Try the shade taupe in brow wiz! It is great!

21. Maria says
    Posted February 22, 2018

The Shade that is Not Safe For Work is probably the most flattering blush I’ve ever used. I like the stick, but this formula looks nice too

I’ll have to try it!

22. Tricia says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Have you tried Lancomes’ Hypnose mascara? Give it a try- I think you’ll love it! I sure do!

23. kelly says
    Posted February 22, 2018

Why in the world would someone have the word orgasm blocked? It’s not that horrible of a word, it’s actually the best word!

Posted February 23, 2018

I didn’t say it was a horrible word, and people have different reasons for setting up filters on their personal computers.

24. Caiti says
    Posted February 23, 2018

Can you talk about how to apply liquid blush? I have a cream blush i got in a Birchbox and struggle to put it on. Brush? Fingers? Beauty blender? I feel like it always goes on really strong and I look like a clown.

Posted February 23, 2018

I’ll do a tutorial soon! I like using one finger to apply, and then a different finger to blend it in!

25. Maria B says
    Posted February 23, 2018

How do you apply your liquid/cream blush? I have a sick blush from Nars as well as another cream blush and when I apply those it rubs some of my foundation & powder off… What am I doing wrong?

26. Aimee says
    Posted February 23, 2018

Love how fresh and pretty this makeup looks, hard to believe it would take no time at all! xoxo

27. Susan says
    Posted February 23, 2018

Does the RMS uncover last long? Concealer doesn’t always stay long on my oily skin and I have not yet tried this because I am afraid the oils in it will make it fade/disappear quickly. The only concealer that stays for me so far is Tarte Shape Tape. While thick, I only use a little to blend in and it actually looks quite natural.

28. Posted February 23, 2018

I love your new hair!! Looks so good girl! And that shade of blush is my favorite – works so well for so many skin types. Thanks for sharing xx

Lola | https://thelushspot.com

29. Anne says
    Posted February 23, 2018

Do you use the cover up as a foundation or a concealer? Do apply it with a brush/finger/beauty blender?

30. Sara says
    Posted February 23, 2018

You look beautiful, andI love your hair!

31. Posted February 23, 2018

This liquid blush is seriously stunning. I’ve tried the powder version before, but this looks much more subtle and glowy!

32. Monica says
    Posted February 24, 2018

Very simple makeup hacks and admirable look!
    Fantastic!:)

33. Shy says
    Posted February 24, 2018

LOVE your hair. Can you describe your cut? Thanks!!!

34. Noelle says
    Posted February 24, 2018

I just want to say that I seem to be drawn to your particular posts and then only after clicking do I notice it’s you again : ) Although we are decades apart in age, I’m 61, you should know that although I don’t always comment, you provide timeless and seamless ways of doing things (makeup, hair, organization, etc.) that apply to any age. Thanks for all you offer up and keep it coming. I recently used a hair tutorial (ponytail) that worked very well for work. Very excited for the newest addition to your family.

35. Zoë says
    Posted February 24, 2018

Ah your eyes are an amazing colour!! I LOVE the Benefit Roller Lash, and the Nars liquid blush sounds and looks gorgeous! I have always wanted to try the Anastasia Brow Wiz! xx

36. Zoë says
    Posted February 24, 2018

Ah your eyes are an amazing colour!! I LOVE the Benefit Roller Lash, and the Nars liquid blush sounds and looks gorgeous! I have always wanted to try the Anastasia Brow Wiz! Your hair looks amazing btw! xx

37. Alyssa says
    Posted February 25, 2018

Hi Kate!
    I have the same problem with eyebrow pencils being too warm for my light brows. Have you tried the Laura Mercier brow pencil in ash blonde? If not, you should check it out! It’s basically gray but not quite. I know it’s a perfect match for me and stays on all day!

38. Chris D says
    Posted February 25, 2018

Love your ideas so much and I trust you completely. I’m going to try all of these. I’m 53, with some age spots and early wrinkles, so I’m not super fond of a full foundation. Love a run-out-the-door-looking-fresh option. Thanks! I love your Insta-stories!

39. Kristena says
    Posted February 28, 2018

How does the RMS Uncover-Up compare to a product like Bare Minerals Tinted Moisturizer? It looks so lightweight for a foundation!

Posted February 28, 2018

I haven’t used that bare minerals product so I can’t really compare and I’ve only used the uncovered as concealer at this time!

40. Jessica says
    Posted February 28, 2018

Hi Kate
    ILOVE your hair. Can you describe your cut? Thanks!!!

41. Lorena says