links + loves

Last weekend we picked out our Christmas tree!

One of my favorite people to follow on YouTube!

An easy holiday wreath DIY with Eucalyptus.

Interesting article on “flakiness” in our current culture. I’ve experienced this in more than one ways and it is seemingly becoming more and more frequent as time goes on. Have you seen this in your life?

We are heading to Wisconsin for Christmas and then going to NYC in January so I’ve been eyeing some good, warm winter boots like these!

This looks YUMMY!

Such a cute winter sweatshirt!

Why ginger is so good for stomach aches and so many other things!

How pretty are these little ceramic trees?

Justin and I are heading to NYC in January for a little get-a-way trip. We haven’t booked a hotel yet and would love recommendations! We do not want to stay in or near Times Square. Somewhere down closer to SoHo or even in Brooklyn would be a nice change up from the craziness of Times Square. Let me know if you have a favorite place to stay!

For more links + loves, check out here and here!

1. Posted December 1, 2017

I’m Chinese and we add ginger to basically everything we cook. It’s the best, so warming in the cold weather as well! 🙂

2. Lynn says
    Posted December 1, 2017

I can’t recommend the Hilton Garden Inn on W 35th highly enough. Very clean, quiet, modern, fantastic location, subway steps from door giving you a 10 min ride to Soho, approx 8 block walk to Broadway shows, literally across from Macy’s. I’ve stayed there the last 2 years. And the staff is FANTASTIC!

3. Allie says
    Posted December 1, 2017

I’ll have to try my hand at that white chocolate! Trader Joe’s sells a very good ginger tea- I’ve found it’s a great way to have ginger when my stomach is upset. HAve a great weekend! xAllie http://www.theallthatglittersblog.com

4. Amber says
    Posted December 1, 2017

Try Air B and B!

• PJ says
      Posted December 2, 2017

My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Washington Square Hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, and our corner room was comfy. We were able to walk to Strand Bookstore, the 9/11 museum, and, of course, the park. The C train is just around the corner.

5. Michaela says
    Posted December 1, 2017

Try Nylo! It’s a beautiful boutique hotel in upper Manhattan and very close to Central park, Museum of Natural History and subway stations. Stayed there last January for NYE with my boyfriend and was thoroughly impressed 🙂

6. Lindsey says
    Posted December 1, 2017

Check out hotel indigo on the lower east side. In such a great location close to soho .

7. Erinn says
    Posted December 1, 2017

Try VRBO!
    I love the matching jackets on your boys 🙂

8. Vickie says
    Posted December 1, 2017

Your link about flakiness couldn’t have come at a better time – the first line of her post was about a couch and the same thing happened to me – I posted about selling one of our old ones and a friend messaged right away wanting it – we had a tentative day planned for pick up and the several days after when I tried to confirm, she never answered. No replies, no calls, nothing. I tried everything. Ended up selling to someone else but why couldn’t she just reply and say she was no longer interested? It’s been radio silence since.
    Anyway, done with negativity – love you and your blog as always!

9. Lori says
    Posted December 1, 2017

s(1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge

10. Mackenzie says
    Posted December 1, 2017

I highly recommend staying at The London NYC W 54th St. It’s a little more pricey but the rooms are spacious and it is so luxurious feeling.on

11. Posted December 1, 2017

The picture is precious. I love your hair. Do you have a video on how you did it?

12. Posted December 1, 2017

I literally just ordered those boots!! My husband and I are moving back to the US after living in Australia and I feel like cold is going to get me!

13. Lindsay says
    Posted December 2, 2017

I love this post! I need to read that article on flakiness!
    -Lindsay
    Lattesandallthingslovely.com

14. Amy Massing says
    Posted December 2, 2017

SoHotwl

15. Amy Massing says
    Posted December 2, 2017

Sorry, SoHotel

16. Jenn says
    Posted December 2, 2017

I have those boots and LOVE them! I live in CT so I know they’ll get some good use. I know you said SOHO or Brooklyn, but we love the Park Central hotel. It is on the West side obviously near Central Park and close to many great restaurants.

17. Barbara says
    Posted December 3, 2017

I’ve stayed at the Hotel Wales on the Upper East Side. Its a darling boutique Hotel with a lot of charm.

18. Lauren says
    Posted December 3, 2017

The flakiness article is s spot on!