Fall Wardobe Additions

similar vest, similar mules, denim, similar sunglasses

one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen

Well it hit me. The fall fever hit me.

Square in the heart and the wallet.

Without fail, the swampiest days of the summer have pressed their moist weight upon us so I’ve only been dreaming of denim and sweaters. In fact it was so hot the other day while I was doing some housework that all I could manage to wear was a lightweight robe.

But fall will come, and I’ll savor wearing ankle boots and distressed denim for as long as possible! I rounded up a bunch of cute wardrobe additions for fall (did you see that $22 t-shirt?!) but while I was searching I came across some trends that I cannot get on board with.

Huge and dramatic sleeved tops. I just can’t do it. Part of this is because I feel like my shoulders are a bit broad to begin with but whenever I’ve tried one on I always feel like a joke. Am I alone in this?! I’ve seem them look absolutely adorable on other women, but I just cannot get on board!

Also, Stair step hem denim. I like the raw hem trend! In fact I cut my own jeans to make my very own version of the raw hem style! But the stair step hem just isn’t doing it for me right now.

Despite these two, likely fleeting trends, I can’t wait to layer with sweaters and vests and wear ankle booties. Fall is the most fun season to dress for, in my opinion.

What are you MOST looking forward to wearing in the fall? Are you a scarf kinda girl or knee high boots?

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

1. Beth says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I HATE big dramatic sleeves. I just don’t understand it. I don’t think I know what you mean with the denim but now I’m curious- I probably hate it too! Ha!

2. Tracey Budgell says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I have a pair of the stair step hem jeans. I was sure at first and wore the rolled up all summer. I’m okay with them now though.

I love long boots and scarves! I like leggings and long shirts. The nice fall temperatures don’t last long enough here. By late October or early November we’ll be bundling up in Winter jackets or heavy layers.

3. Posted September 25, 2017

I love raw hem jeans. I gotta start DIYing mine myself, like you!

4. Randee says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I think the same thing about the big dramatic sleeves. I see them on bloggers and think, “oh that’s interesting…I bet I could pull that off for something different.” And then I try them on and often giggle out loud because I look like a clown. I mean who would take me seriously in real life?! Glad I’m not the only one who feels that way! Love all your new additions!

5. Vicki says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I am looking forward to jeans, leggings, cardigans, scarves and boots again! I own #1 in 2 colors and love 3 & 9. I also ordered your plaid shirt from Target because they were sold out of my size. I just can’t get into the off the shoulder thing because I am petite and I feel like it just swallows me!

6. Becky says
    Posted September 25, 2017

These riduculous sleeve tops are nonsense!!! They look crazy on people too!

I don’t mind a very suddel stair step hem. I don’t like the drastic ones.

7. Kady says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I’m with you on those two trends! I also cannot understand the cropped flare jeans! WHY?! I’ve seen it on so many bloggers that I usually think are dressed flawlessly, but those are terrible. I can’t wait for leggings, long sweaters, vests, scarves and ankle booties! I live in NY and it’s going to be 90 today so I guess I’ll have to wait awhile…sigh.

• Linda says
      Posted September 25, 2017

Agree with you! Those cropped flares are horrible!! It’s like if bloggers wouldn’t have taste all of the sudden! I think that not even models can pull that off because it’s just horrible!

• Carrie says
      Posted September 27, 2017

I actually love the cropped flare jeans with mules! I bought a pair of Madewell Cali bootcut in black. I think they look great and very flattering – just my opinion though. My daughter doesn’t like them so to each their own – ha!!

8. Kendal says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I really want to get an army green jacket! I’m most excited to wear my knee high boots and jeans! But living in Florida, I won’t get to for a while.

Kendal // Life With Kendal

9. Lauren says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I love bell sleeves, but when they get really dramatic, I’m out. How do people eat, wash dishes, etc.?! I’d be a mess!!

By Lauren M

10. Beth M. says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I don’t like the stair step hem on jeans either…it looks sloppy to me.
    Also, I just can’t get on board with the cold shoulder look. It’s everywhere, and so many of the tops just look like someone took the scissors to them & chopped out a diamond shape on the shoulder – the look is somehow “unfinished”, or bra straps are hanging out, etc …
    But getting excited to wear sweaters, scarves & booties – hopefully it will cool down enough to wear my gray suede Toms booties before it starts raining too much & I can’t wear them here in WA.

11. Shannon says
    Posted September 25, 2017

Any sweater or shirt with a bell sleeve is on my fall wishlist! I just love the way they look.

I also just bought a pair of black leather booties with a flat heel. They are my favorite!

12. TheresaT says
    Posted September 25, 2017

Love the color of the light green vest, what brand is it?

13. Angela says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I can’t wait to break out my turtlenecks and deep coloured lipsticks! Fall is by far my favourite season.

14. Kim says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I absolutely lovee the tie up top trend and your picks. I totally agree about huge sleeves.. they look amazing on other people but I could never pull it off!

http://trendkeeper.me .. STYLECON DALLAS VLOG!

15. Colleen says
    Posted September 25, 2017

Could you please clarify the link for the item #4 t-shirt? The current link is for a different item. Thanks!

• Nicole Shields says
      Posted September 26, 2017

Sorry about that! It should be fixed now 🙂

16. Melissa says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I am a fuzzy fleece pajama pants with Olaf the snowman printed on them kind of girl! LOL I put those on for the first time last night and felt like I was in heaven.

17. Tara says
    Posted September 25, 2017

Kate – you are so right about the huge and dramatic sleeves! I was in the Loft this weekend and tried on a ton of clothes, but they all had those funky sleeve or lots of ruffles, and it all just looked weird on me. I have broader shoulders too, and that’s what I think must sway the look. I need to find another good store for fall clothes since the Loft is usually my go-to…so thanks for the recommendations!

18. Heather says
    Posted September 25, 2017

I am LOVING the bell sleeves! I also have broad shoulders and the bottom being flared balances out my arms. I also love ruffled arms. I am over the cold-shoulder stuff. Yet I still see it everywhere.

19. Sage says
    Posted September 26, 2017

I can’t wait to just wear thick sweaters and cozy items! A cute sweater, with leggings and fun socks. Oh yeaaaa..

20. Kerry says
    Posted September 26, 2017

Love the ankle boots. Stoked to get them online from eBay in Australia. For a good price.

21. Carrie says
    Posted September 27, 2017

I tried on a few pairs of the step hem jeans but for some reason do not like how they look either. I really do like the jeans with the straight across raw hem.

As for the crazy sleeve trend, those foo-foo sleeves just don’t look good on me – maybe I’m just too old for that trend though. I am, however, digging the mule trend. Wasn’t sure I’d jump on that bandwagon but I have.

I am a little over sporting tall boots and find myself reaching for booties. I love the look of booties with a cropped jean. That’s my go to style for about three seasons. 🙂

22. Sara says
    Posted October 6, 2017

Oh my goodness…those stair step things…I wouldn’t be caught dead in them!

23. Kelly says
    Posted October 11, 2017

I like ruffled sleeves but hate anything huge — so pointless and impossible to fit in a coat, anyways! I’m also vehemently against all the raw and step hem jeans. I don’t even like distressed jeans, honestly. And right now I just can’t get into anything fall because it’s still 90 degrees in Nashville. I was enjoying the week of beautiful fall temps right before hurricanes hit (it was like a sneak peek of fall without the commitment!) but then it got hot again to stay. So sure enough, we’ll probably go straight from sweating to death to frigid in like a day.

24. Rebecca says
    Posted November 1, 2017

Firstly, I LOVE those mules! I gotta find myself a pair! Secondly, I’m not sure if I’m into those step hem jeans either, but I am curious about the Good American brand. Have you tried them? If so, what are your thoughts?