I’m assisting Lauren with her makeup and doing her hair for the big day. She’s pretty good at doing her own makeup, so I may just help her with a few things. I came to Wisconsin fully prepared to help any of the other bridesmaids with their hair and makeup as well, so I’ve been brainstorming looks and scrolling through Instagram for inspiration.
I bought this amazing palette from Tarte last week on a whim. I wasn’t looking for a palette when I found it, but it caught my eye and I put it in my bag immediately. I was actually shopping for primers and cleansers, and I’ve tried a few different ones lately so expect a post on those soon!
Anyway, I did a trial run with some shades from that Tarte palette earlier on in the week and thought I’d show you what I used and the final look. I used this technique which is my favorite way to do my eye makeup lately!
Full disclosure, I used a drugstore mascara on this day to test it out and I didn’t like it at all. I’ll be using my tried and true Benefit Roller Lash on the big day.
01. I’ve returned to Mac Pro Longwear concealer (in shade Nc20) just to give it another go. I used it for YEARS and then switched to Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer. I was battling a little bit of smudging under my eyes and I remember the MAC product drying a bit more than Make Up For Ever so I thought that would help it. Spoiler alert: it has! I still love Make Up For Ever for blemishes though!
02. I’m loving this L’Oreal Prep and Shape brow kit still. I use a longer brush to apply it, but it goes on like a breeze, looks natural, and lasts all day.
03. I’ve gone without primer for a few months because I hadn’t found any that I loved. I picked up a trial size of Laura Mercier Oil Free primer at Sephora and have really enjoyed it! It feels light on the skin and keeps me from getting a bit shiny mid-day.
04. Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation is the only foundation I would use on a day where I needed my makeup to be flawless from start to finish. It can’t be beat!
05. I applied my foundation with a slightly damp Beauty Blender. I typically use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush but I watch so many beauty videos with pro’s raving about using a Beauty Blender that I had to give that method another try. The coverage is pretty darn good, and it looks flawless.
06. I bought my first NARS velvet matte lip pencil in “sex machine” last week and love the shade. It wears really nicely and doesn’t turn to chalk like some long-wear products can. My only complaint is that it requires a sharpener.
07. I love using a translucent setting powder on days I know I’m going to be photographed. The makeup won’t look too heavy with a powder on top, but I can guarantee I won’t be shiny either!
08. The Tarte Clay Play Face Shaping Palette is a stunner. If you love browns and neutrals, this is the palette for you. I’ve used almost all the eyeshadow shades already, just to try out a few different looks, and have used both of the lighter bronzers/contour shades. That dark contour on the right won’t work for me as that, but it will definitely be used for eyeliner or a crease color on my eyes!
09. Tarte’s exposed blush is my go-to shade. It’s like the perfect neutral color that lets me pick a range of lipsticks to finish the makeup look. It’s not too peachy, it’s not too pink, and it delivers a good bit of color so I don’t look like I’m dead.
10. Benefit’s Roller Lash has been a favorite mascara of mine for a long time! It lifts, separates, and adds a great amount of definition without being too many or heavy.
11. I like pressing a very thin line of Bobbi Brown’s Longwear Shadow Stick in Bark along my lash line to add thickness. I’ve been using eyeshadow as liner for the past month or so and love the softer look, so keeping the darker eyeliner to just my lashes gives me the best of both worlds.