links + loves

Had a nail appointment and spent some time with my sister in Chicago this week!

I took the train into Chicago earlier in the week to meet my sister for a nail appointment and have another styling session with Ari at Trunk Club. You can read my posts on Trunk Club here, but I have to say again that it’s such a fun and helpful thing to do. I like shopping and choosing outfits, but it’s really nice to get fresh eyes and opinions on items to help fill the holes in my closet. Ari has really honed in my style now and she picked out awesome items that I’m excited to wear! Try it out if you haven’t yet!

Really cute sandals that look comfortable and easy to wear!

Such a cute ruffled halter top for a hot summer day.

I’ve been working through a travel size of Ole Henriksen Pore-Balance Facial Sauna and I LOVE it. It’s a fantastic exfoliator and I love the warming aspect of it.

I’m almost out of this lipstick in “Morning After” and will definitely repurchase. It’s the perfect subtle color, super moisturizing and wears like a dream.

I’m trying to get into drinking tea and so far my favorite one has been raspberry zinger tea from Celestial Seasonings. What are your favorites?

I mentioned on instastories that I’ve been trying a few different primers lately and I have really loved Laura Mercier’s Oil-Free primer. If you don’t use a primer, it helps your makeup go on perfectly and stay all day–and it’s great to use on hot and humid days!

Doesn’t this cake look delicious?

The Young House Love Has a Podcast podcast has become a must listen for me! John and Sherry are so easy to listen to and casual on the podcast, it feels like I’m just listening to friends.

I’m signing off for the weekend because my sister is getting married tomorrow! Hope you have a nice weekend!

1. Amber Kelley says
    Posted July 14, 2017

Oh you have to try David’s Tea. It makes Celestial Seasonings taste like dried up old floor dust. Raspberry Cream pie is one of my favorites, Buhdda’s Blend is a good fruity one too. They have lots of good iced teas out right now too.

2. Doris says
    Posted July 14, 2017

Oh my God, the both of you are so cute!

3. Ray says
    Posted July 14, 2017

There’s nothing as nice as having a girly day out with ones’s sister. Glad I have two!

4. Liz says
    Posted July 14, 2017

Can’t wait to see pics from the wedding! Please share! I know you and your sister will look beautiful. Enjoy this special time with your family!

5. Caitlyn says
    Posted July 14, 2017

This is the first I’ve heard of the Trunk Club! I like that the stylist sends a preview of the clothes before they send them. I’m going to check it out, thanks! Enjoy the wedding!!

6. Posted July 14, 2017

I hope that oil-free primer works for Hong Kong’s humid weather. Thanks for the head’s up on it!

7. Molly says
    Posted July 14, 2017

My favorite tea – especially iced- is Paris from Harney & Sons! You can get it on Amazon!

• Lindsey says
      Posted July 18, 2017

YES, my fav black tea too. šŸ’— I like to find herbal and fruit teas at European grocery stores. Better & different selections than regular grocery stores. Lately I’ve been loving just plain strawberry or apricot tea..

8. Megan says
    Posted July 14, 2017

Couple of things! First, I can’t for the life of me find that lipstick color on Sephora? Am I losing my mind?

Second, tea… two recommendations:

1.) Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Tea – https://goo.gl/jRn9ib
    This tea is the absolute best in the winter… or really anytime. Soooo good.

2.) Ahmad Tea Jasmine Romance – https://goo.gl/TJQz48
    I got this in a birch box years ago and have been hooked ever since. It’s delicious hot or cold (how I prefer it in the summer). My favorite green tea by FAR!

You and your sister look beautiful, hope she has a wonderful wedding!

• Ariadna says
      Posted July 17, 2017

I just looked for it too and I can’t find it. I wonder if it was a limited edition or they discontinued it?

• Kelly says
      Posted July 17, 2017

Couldn’t agree more on the Good Earth tea! My fav!

9. Asakemi says
    Posted July 14, 2017

You two are beautiful! Congrats to your sister!

10. Melissa P says
    Posted July 14, 2017

I can’t find a “Morning After” color on the link to that lipstick. Has anyone else been able to find it?

11. Janet Smith says
    Posted July 14, 2017

I brew the Rasberry Zinger and Country Peach tea together. I add about 3/4 cup of Stevia in the Raw to the pitcher of brewed tea and fill with cold water. Delicious!! For an added touch, add a slice of peach to each glass of tea.

• Michele says
      Posted July 17, 2017

Ummm, I MAY neeeeed to try that. Sounds sooooooo good!

12. sarah o says
    Posted July 14, 2017

best tea ever is called Matcha Maker, by good earth brand,
    it is green tea but the citrus flavor covers it up so good! never really cared for tea too much but this kind is awesome! (raspberry zinger is ..ok lol)

13. Erika says
    Posted July 14, 2017

Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry is really, really good if you’re in the mood for a sweet tea and you don’t want to add any additional sweetener to it.

14. Ashleigh says
    Posted July 15, 2017

Tazo Zen is my fave tea!

15. chichi says
    Posted July 17, 2017

podcasts sound so good and i can’t wait to start!

16. Posted July 17, 2017

The cake really does looks great!!

17. Ashley says
    Posted July 17, 2017

For tea, if you have Trader Joe’s near you, during the winter they have Candy Cane Green Tea and it is AMAZING. I’m sure you can find it on Amazon out of season so you don’t have to wait.

18. Kelly says
    Posted July 17, 2017

Sweet & Spicy tea from Good Earth is my absolute favorite!

19. Della says
    Posted July 28, 2017

Hi Kate,

I really enjoy the Tazo teas – especially the the “wild sweet orange” – perfect for summer!