A liquid blush feels like a cloud

I have a thing with attributing a cloud-like feeling to clothes. You may remember when I talked about cloud pants. Or perhaps this post about a cloud bra.

So when I saw that a new-ish skincare and makeup line launched a liquid blush called “cloud paint” my attention was piqued.

I love cream blush. And whenever I post about it I receive a lot of comments from women saying either that they don’t know how to use it, when to apply it, or they’ve never tried it at all. I wear cream blush every single day that I’m doing my super low key beauty routine, which you can read about here.

I’ve seen a lot of hype about Glossier products already, and I finally bit the bullet to try some myself. Initially, I was quite pleased at the price points. And the shipping was fast. I purchased Cloud Paint in Dusk and Boy Brow in Blond.

Boy brow left much to be desired. I don’t have a lot of eyebrows to start with, but using this product alone did next to nothing for my eyebrows. I proceeded to fill them in and then use Boy Brow to hold them in place a bit and that worked well. This product may work better if you already have enough eyebrows, and simply want to add a touch more thickness and structure.

I really liked Cloud Paint. I expected it to be a bit more of a mousse form for some reason, but it’s like a serum consistency. It blended in really nicely and the result was a really natural looking flush. I apply liquid or cream blush after I’ve applied both my foundation and powder. You can try a few different ways, but this is how I find I get the most impact. On a casual day, with this kind of makeup routine, I’d skip the foundation and powder altogether and simply apply the blush to the apples of my cheeks.

I took a selfie on the day I was wearing this blush for some unimportant reason and I have to say that whenever I scroll passed it in my phone, I really think the blush is quite flattering and natural looking!

Have you tried anything from Glossier? I’d love to hear about some of your favorites in the comments!

In this post:

1. Posted July 5, 2017

The subtle difference is beautiful! I love the packaging as well!

2. Claire says
    Posted July 5, 2017

I like subtle blushes for summer and this one looks really pretty. I also like to apply a little bit on the tip of the nose as it gives a nice fresh look ! I learned this tip from wayne goss!

3. Kelsey says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Hey there! First time commenting, but I love this space. 🙂 I’ve never tried Glossier products, but a friend of mine swears by their lip gloss! I’ve actualy been using a sample of Sephora brand liquid blush that they gave me months ago…. It’s been lasting FOREVER so I keep using it, haha! It will be a sad day when it’s gone and I have to actually go buy some blush…

Lovely color on you!

4. Kim says
    Posted July 5, 2017

I’ve actually never tried a liquid blush! The most adventurous I’ve been is with a stick haha but it looks great!

Kim

http://trendkeeper.me .. day to night outfit!

5. Patti says
    Posted July 5, 2017

How do you think the results compare to the Maybelline Bouncy Blush? I’m still trying to find a replacement for that! A few things I’ve tried have looked nice, but left a more sticky feel on the cheeks than Bouncy did. Do you still feel this after it’s blended in?

Posted July 5, 2017

This doesn’t feel sticky at all. I like it maybe more than bouncy because I Feel like the color has a bit more depth to it, if that makes sense

• Patti says
        Posted July 6, 2017

Thank you! I will definitely give it a try!

6. Anna says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Yes! I bit the bullet and bought Glossier’s 2 sets. I love their face wash and priming moisturizer!! I also got their generation g lipstick in cake, which I might add is VERY neutral. Sometimes I even forget that I’m wearing a lip color so I don’t know how I feel about that yet. I also got their concealer which is incredible for color correction and the birthday balm which I’m obsessed with!! I will say, too, that I got the boy brow in brown and I have enough brow that it’s perfect for structure and filling in for fine hairs. Been dying to know about the cloud paint, so thanks for sharing!!

7. Posted July 5, 2017

I am definitely intrigued by the Glossier brand, especially these blushes. I really hope they start shipping to Canada soon!

Kristi Beth | Be Loverly

8. Jenn I says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Love the Cloud Paints. I also like (not love, but like), the milky jelly cleanser and the highlighter. But the cloud paints – I’ll end up with all of the colors soon, I just know it.

9. Lauren says
    Posted July 5, 2017

The boy brow does work great for me, but I have brown brows (lot of alliteration there). I also love the cloud paint, and you need so little of it that it feels like it’s going to last forever. I recently got the Generation G lipstick, and the red color is great for being bold enough to get some color to your face, since I look washed out without at least SOMETHING on my lips, but it does have that natural “popsicle” look everyone says! I also like the Balm Dotcom salve, which is great for your purse to use last minute to tame brows, highlight your cheeks (the kind I have is clear so it just provided a little dewey finish for dinner after work), clear lipgloss, and as a salve for dry skin! Not to sound like I work there or anything because I don’t, but in the current trend of looking less made up, especially for summer, these products have been great. Looking forward to trying the SPF!

• Lauren says
      Posted July 5, 2017

Sheesh, how many times can I say great? Talk about proofreading…

10. Kate Davis says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Looks great! I like it too!!

11. Liz says
    Posted July 5, 2017

I’ve tried the cloud paint in beam and love it! I want to purchase dusk next. I also tried their liquid foundation which I did not like. The coverage was exactly what I was looking for in the sense that it was very light and felt nice like I had nothing on my skin. However the formula caused me to break out 2 days later. I purchased the lightest shade as I am fair with freckles but felt it was a touch too light for my liking however I don’t know if the medium would be too dark. The nice thing was when I started the return process for the foundation Glossier made it very easy. They refunded my money very quickly and told me to keep the product! So yeah overall my experience was very positive with them and can’t wait to try other products!

12. Posted July 5, 2017

I’ve never tried cream blushes before. I have no idea how to use them but this one looks so nice!

13. Karin says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Thanks for another wonderful blog! Are you wearing glossier lip balm on your lips? That color is stunning!
    Thanks!

14. Susan Jefferson Cole says
    Posted July 5, 2017

Nars liquid blush in Orgasm is beautiful! First liquid blush I’ve used.

15. Erika says
    Posted July 6, 2017

I love Glossier Cloud Paint! I have one in every color. It’s probably my favorite product that I’m using right now. I used to be a die-hard Benefit Benetint gal (and before that, Origins Pinch Your Cheeks). I’ve tried cream blushes in the past but always found them difficult to apply, but I don’t have that problem with the Cloud Paint. It’s really easy to manipulate once it’s on your face.
    I’ve also tried Glossier’s skin tint (really, REALLY hated it), Boy Brow (hated it), and the Generation G lip colors (LOVE!). Oh, and I recently purchased their lip gloss, which I’ve only worn once. The one time I wore it I really liked it, although I’m not much of a gloss person. I purchased it more because it reminded me of the lip glosses my best friend and I used to purchase in the 7th grade – super shiny 🙂

16. Petra says