2 FUN drugstore lipsticks

Do you ever feel like you are in a makeup rut? Adding a new, bright lipstick to your routine is the fastest and easiest way to freshen up your look. I found 2 really fun options at the drugstore last week and have already worn both a few times!

I’ll never be afraid to wear a bright pink. I love it against fair skin and blonde hair. You can certainly pull off pink if you have a darker complexion, you just may want to avoid a bubblegum-type shade. As far as red goes, I typically go for reds that have a touch of pink or orange in them so they aren’t too intense for daytime wear. I loved this color and it applied like a dream! I’m actually hoping to get back over to the drugstore to check out a few more shades from this line because it felt so good on my lips!

Wearing this pink(shade is blushing ambition) and this red(shade is striking)!

1. Amanda says
    Posted June 6, 2017

I’ve always found Revlon lip and nail products to be great quality – love the pink!

2. Sophie says
    Posted June 6, 2017

Oh my gosh, that red is beautiful and a perfect shade of red for summer! I need to pick up something like this to wear over the next few months πŸ™‚
    Sophie x | Sophar So Good

3. Emily Downing says
    Posted June 6, 2017

Is the red “Elusive?” Just checking!

• Bonnie says
      Posted June 6, 2017

On the FB page she says it’s Striking.

It’s called Striking!

4. Posted June 6, 2017

I’d love to grab the Revlon Colorburst Matte balms for the summer!

Blush & Pearls by Angela

5. Jackie says
    Posted June 6, 2017

I am so happy to see that you tried on each color instead of just photographing the tubes. I have a hard time seeing the true color when it’s in tube, so it was great to see it on! I’m really interested in that Revlon red. I’ve loved the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor (my favorite is Addiction), so I have high hopes for another Revlon lip product! I probably won’t go for the pink shade of the Loreal gloss, just because I don’t care for pink. But I will check out some other shades. Thanks for sharing!

6. Posted June 6, 2017

The pink looks really good on you, such a sweet look!

7. Laynee says
    Posted June 6, 2017

Where is your top from and what color is the paint on your walls?
    Thanks!

8. Janet says
    Posted June 6, 2017

I have such a hard time wearing Red lipstick because it makes my teeth look yellow. And pink is difficult because I’m fair and have pink undertones. It usually makes me look washed out. Suggestions for these clearly terrible problems πŸ˜‰

9. Claire says
    Posted June 6, 2017

one of my favourite brands and lines πŸ™‚ so great on the lips!

10. Tonya Wilson says
    Posted June 6, 2017

You are stunning in red, but I’m not a fan of the orangey tone. Blue-red is better for fair / cool complexions. IMHO.

11. Kristin says
    Posted June 6, 2017

I love the red. Sorry this is a dumb question, but is the red one the “Elusive” color?

• Kristin says
      Posted June 6, 2017

Nevermind I see it’s called striking. πŸ˜‰

12. AA says
    Posted June 6, 2017

Are these fairly smudge resistant and long wearing?

13. Kylie says
    Posted June 7, 2017

These are so fun, especially for summer! I never comment, but I love a good drug store find and trust your opinion. Two questions. One, what’s your go to way to deal with dry/flakey lips? I deal with this every time I try to wear a lip stick. Womp womp. Two, what kind of shade would you recommend as an alternative to this pink for brunette with lighter complexion? Thanks!

14. Lesley Evans says
    Posted June 7, 2017

You wear those red lips beautifully!!!! Like seriously rock it!!!!

15. Posted June 7, 2017

Lovely shades, I will check them out! Thanks for sharing <3

16. Janice Lyon says
    Posted June 7, 2017

Hi Kate

Love your blog, read it everyday! How do you apply your lipstick so crisply? Do you use a lipstick brush? Would you recomend any specifi one? I have a red lipstick that I really like but it is rounded and difficult to apply. Hope this makes sense. Again, love reading about your family and of course the neverending beauty tips.
    Thanks again, Janice

17. Posted June 16, 2017

You look soooo good in these shades! x

Gemma Louise