The best dusty rose nude lip shades

SAMSUNG CSC

from left: one, two, three, four

I love a good rosy nude shade for the lips, but I’ve been loving the deeper + slightly more brown in some cases rosy nude for the wintertime! I cannot pull off the true 90’s brown, but these shades are the closest I can get with still feeling like I’m wearing a flattering shade.

SAMSUNG CSC

They really go wonderfully with a huge range of blush tones, and they won’t complete with a bright colored shirt or jewelry. Simply put: they are easy easy easy to wear. And I love easy right now.

You can find more of my favorite lipsticks here and some drugstore favorites here!

In this post:

1. Kristen says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I recently bought the Nars in bound after your recommendation and I Love it! It is so velvety smooth and such a great color!!!

2. Melanie says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Love these colors! Just curious if you have come across a drugstore brand in these shades that you’ve loved?
    Love the new site!

3. Sarah says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I love the idea of these colors/shades. I would’ve loved it more to see each shade on you. And, you kind of show each color, but the Marc Jacobs is closed in each picture. Are these lip stains, lip sticks, lip glosses? A bit more info about their texture and wear-ability would be useful. You’re trying to sell these products but without any reason to except they fall into the “dusty rose” shade category.

• Kayley says
      Posted January 3, 2017

Second this. Actually applying the products individually, posting the photos, and showing swatches would be so much more helpful. Or even using models with different skin tones to show how the shades flatter many. For example, I’m olive skinned and swear by Nars Dolce Vita, but am curious about the Urban Decay shade. Seeing it on would be entice me more than just a photo, which I can get from Sephora any day.

4. Kathy Lang says
    Posted January 3, 2017

The Urban Decay ‘morning after’ lipstick is my fave! Will definitely have to pick up soon!

• Karly says

Ditto!!

5. Posted January 3, 2017

I think this is one of the most fail-safe color for lipstick and is flattering to every skin tone. I ran out of my dusty rose color and need to re-stock on that soon, thanks for the rec!

6. Ali says

Any drugstore options?

coming soon ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. Meagan says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Have you tried lipsense? Any thoughts? I’m not a distributor just thinking of trying it!

8. Deb says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Lip colors are great but LOVE the dress !!
    Please share

Deb

9. Marie says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Hey Kate! Do you have any lip color recommendations for redheads? I want to try something darker/bolder but always stick to nudes…..thanks!

10. Trecee says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Dusty rose lips are the easiest to throw on for me. They truly go with almost any look and are super flattering on every skin tone. I have to try out that Marc Jacobs Lip Color. It looks so nice! Great post!

Trecee

11. Leslie says
    Posted January 3, 2017

You link the creme lipstick but picture the liquid (Marc Jacobs)… which do you prefer/recommend?
    Thanks!

• Nicole Shields says
      Posted January 3, 2017

Hi Leslie! Thanks for pointing that out – meant to link the liquid! It’s fixed now ๐Ÿ™‚

12. A Sparkle Of Grace says
    Posted January 3, 2017

These shades are gorgeous, I have really been loving this color of lipstick lately.
    Love the new setup by the way, SO PRETTY!
    A Sparkle Of Grace

13. Leann says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I love dusty rose colors, I’m actually looking for a good blush in a dusty rose, mauve color. Any suggestions?

14. Posted January 3, 2017

I love a pretty pinkish nude color lipstick. I want to buy all of these!

15. Jessi says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Hi Kate! Have you tried LipSense?? If not you must!! It’s smudge proof, kiss proof and waterproof and the color stays on up to 18 hours.

16. Sofia says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I’ve become such a sucker for liquid lipstick! Although, nothing beats the texture of a good classic and these shades are beautiful.

xo, Sofia

17. Sherry says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I always get excited to see your lipstick recommendations. I grabbed a tube of MAC’s Syrup after reading your blog that featured that one and it’s been my go to since then! I’m usually a tinted Burt’s Bees for me, but when I need “big girl” lipstick, I know I can count on you for good advice!

• Melissa G says
      Posted January 4, 2017

I’ve been using Mac Syrup for quite sometime. I keep it in my purse. As a hospice nurse, I can’t really go to work in bright lipstick. This color fits the bill for everyday use for me!!!

18. Mel says
    Posted January 3, 2017

Dusty rose is my fave shade for everyday! After I finish my Chanel “boy”, I am going to look into these!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

19. Kristin says
    Posted January 3, 2017

I bought the urban decay lipstick based on your first post about it …. you were completely RIGHT! ๐Ÿ˜€ Easy to wear great color at a great price. About to buy a second!

20. katrina says
    Posted January 4, 2017

Iโ€™ve become such a sucker for liquid lipstick! Although, nothing beats the texture of a good classic and these shades are beautiful.

21. Ann Rourke says
    Posted January 4, 2017

Love the selections! Do you ever find a drug store color to compete with the expensive brands? I’d love to see posts with one affordable along with the $17 and up brands.

22. Rolf says
    Posted January 4, 2017

Love these colour….I like your blog and style!

23. Posted January 4, 2017

I totally understand you, I also can’t pull off the brown shades – I look like I’m wearing poop on my lips and who wants that? I have been loving mauve-rose lipsticks, my fave at the moment is the Backtalk from the Urban Decay Vice Comfort Matte collection – looks amazing and feels even better on the lips!

xoRosie // Rosie’s Life

24. Posted January 4, 2017

I love a good nude lip… especially the pinkish ones… It’s become my go to lip color lately…
    xojohnnielynn

25. Posted January 7, 2017

I’m in the market for new lip color in this shade – thank you! Any recommendations for a similar-shaded blush?

26. Robin says
    Posted January 11, 2017

You should try Rimmel Lasting Finish byKate Moss – shade 08 – Rossetto – love it! And I have the same coloring as you.