Tied Up Updo Tutorial

fancy

I have to admit that I was listening to Christmas music as I cleaned up the mess from my 1920’s themed murder mystery party this past weekend.

What can I say?! I was in the mood!

Are you excited about the upcoming holidays? Do you have any fun events planned? If you need an updo, I have a new one for you today.

Like almost every tutorial I share, it’s broken into really manageable steps, so don’t be overwhelmed when you just look at the photo. The video breaks it all down so you can work section by section!

fancy-6

fancy-5

fancy-4

fancy-3

fancy-2

top: Anthropologie (old), lipstick: Burts Bees (Fuchsia Flood), earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie

More recent hair tutorials here and here!

1. SR says
    Posted October 31, 2016

A-maz-ing! Kate, can you recommend a stylist in the Wake Forest, NC area?

2. Posted October 31, 2016

This hairstyle is so effortlessly beautiful! I can’t wait to give it a try. 🙂

3. Ashley says
    Posted October 31, 2016

Very elegant! Can I just say that you look great?! Please share your current exercise routine.

4. Posted October 31, 2016

Gorgeous as always! You make it look so easy – have to Pin this one!

Angela / Blush & Pearls

5. Glenda says
    Posted October 31, 2016

Love this so much! I have the Marine Corps Ball this weekend and my salon does not have openings:( I will try to play around- I have really thick hair!!!

6. corinne says
    Posted October 31, 2016

I love this hairstyle! It looks adorable on you! (:
    I am so excited for the holidays for some reason, I caught myself listening to some christmas music… haha

Corinne

7. Erin says
    Posted October 31, 2016

Beautiful. You have inspired me to get bangs. Could you do a post about how you are styling them after washing your hair. You also mentioned checking on them throughout the day- what does that consist of?

Thank you!

8. sahara says
    Posted October 31, 2016

Love this updo <3

xo,

9. Mel says
    Posted October 31, 2016

Soooo pretty! And the lipstick!! Obsessed!!!

Mel | http://www.thegossipdarling.com

10. Angie says
    Posted November 1, 2016

Kate, this is gorgeous. You make it look so easy. I’m loving your bangs! And YES to the Christmas music! I started early last week! No shame! haha!

11. Breanna C says
    Posted November 2, 2016

Love these fun and easy updos! Thanks for doing a video with it. LOVE the videos. I have to “experience” to learn, if that makes sense. I have trouble with pictures or written out instruction. Plus you are sooo good at video instruction, which is a talent in my book! Keep up the awesome work.

12. Kate says
    Posted January 5, 2017

Hi Kate,

Is there still a page for your old videos that were organized by “casual, fancy, braided etc”?

I love them and use them almost every time I do my hair!

Thanks for all your inspiration 😊

13. Olivia says
    Posted May 12, 2017

Thanks for great tutorial. It’s cute idea for elegant evening
    Depending on your taste, you’ll love or hate these. Most of all I LOVE the super messy updo like http://newaylook.com/best-how-to-do-a-messy-bun/ , it feels very high-fashion to me. So here’s everything from SUPER messy, to just plain messy. I don’t like the whole “done” curls look either and none of these look like a curling iron was anywhere near them.