Packing a Diaper Bag for Airplane Travel

diaper1

David has been on 7 airplanes already in his short 9 months of life! That’s 4 trips, with 2 plane rides each (with the 8th happening friday), and he’s been pretty happy and easy on every flight thus far.

The older he gets, the more nerve-wracking it gets because he’s in less of the baby-sleep-all-of-the-time mode.

The great thing about traveling with him now, though, is that he eats Puffs and that distracts him for a bit!

diaper2

I’ve traveled alone with him 2/4 of the trips, and while it’s much preferred to have an extra set of hands, it’s very manageable to travel with a baby by yourself!

The diaper bag requires more thought than what I pack in my suitcase these days. I always lay everything out that I’m packing in the diaper bag so I can make sure I haven’t forgotten something.

I love my Better Life Bags diaper bag, but I prefer the zip top of the City Caryallย when I travel. It’s smaller, so I need to be strategic with what toys I pack, but it does the trick.

I took these photos in a bit of a rush on Sunday morning as I packed his diaper bag, and here is what I made sure to pack! (We had a short, direct flight, so traveling with a layover included would require a bit more I think)

diaper3

diaper4

1. 4-5 diapers, 2. dirty diaper bags (ties off the smell!), 3. disposable changing pads, 4. disposable bibs, 5. Aden and Anais blanket, 6. 2 bibs, 7. tissues, 8. baby cookie, 9. his favorite lion teether, 10. another teether, 11. his favorite toy these days, 12. Tylenol, 13. full pack of wipes 14. Puffs, 15. pacifier hook to attach toys to him, 16. musical/light up toy, 17. my clutch, 18. a white t-shirt in case of a diaper disaster

*the last thing I threw in there is a bottle & powder formula, as well as some food pouches, for him to eat. I like using these travel spoons with the pouches when we are on the go.

diaper5

Gravy hates when we leave.

Actually, I think he quite likes it because that means more sleeping without interruptions for him!

The main thing I’ve learned on all my trips is to remain calm and let people help you. Fellow parents, and even grandparents, seem to always be willing to help if you need it. Take advantage! Since becoming a mom, I too have volunteered to help fellow mom’s in need because I realize how kind and helpful it is when I need it too!

I like to change his diaper right before we get on the airplane, and spend plenty of time walking around the airport instead of sitting, since we’ll be sitting for about 2 hours on the plane.

Generally I try to stay in my seat with him and let him play with toys once we are on, butย if he get’s fussy all he needs is a simple walk to the back of the plane to bounce for a bit will usually snap him out of it!

I used the in-flight changing table for the first time on this last flight. It’s just a small table that folds down in the bathroom (I fly Southwest Airlines). It’sย very small, but it worked just fine.

If you are traveling with a baby, don’t over think it. I used to pack an entirely different outfit in his bag but I found that I never needed it and it was just taking up space. So, now I just throw in the t-shirt and the blanket. In the worst case scenario, if the outfit he was wearing became completely soiled, I could just wrap his legs in the blanket in case he get’s cold in the t-shirt. David isn’t prone to blow-outs (he’s only ever had one) so the likelihood of it happening is slim.

Have any other questions about traveling by plane with a baby? Leave them in the comments below and I’ll try to answer them asap!

You can also read another post I wrote about traveling with an infant by airplane here!

1. Andrea says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Perfect timing for this post! I’m flying with my 5 month old tomorrow for the first time and this is great advice!

2. Kristen Hardin says
    Posted September 3, 2014

This post is SO timely! I’m flying with my son (one month younger than yours!) for the first time by myself tomorrow. I’ve seriously overthought the carry on. We’ve got a four hour flight so I’m a little anxious! Any tips for boarding and seat selection? We’re also flying southwest.

• Cynthia says
      Posted September 4, 2014

You’re probably already gone, but I highly recommend an aisle seat. It’s easier for you to get in and out and there’s more people for your baby to look at (and interact with, if they’re nice). I also recommend not drinking a lot if you’re travelling with a baby alone, I’ve had to hold my baby while I peed in that small airline bathroom–not fun. I’m sure if your babe isn’t fussy and isn’t super attached to you (ie. she/he won’t scream bloody murder if a stranger is holding them and you’re out of sight) then a flight attendant would be more than willing to hold your babe while you quickly pee.

3. Danielle says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I didn’t know they made spoons for the pouches like that! Great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

4. Lisa says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I have flown with my twins a bunch of times now and I learned the hard way: Bring an extra shirt for yourself! It’s really unfortunate if you have a really bumpy flight and your child pukes all over you. Oh and when your child somehow spills an entire sippy cup on you when flinging themselves around during those 5 seconds you try to refill and you are drenched. Yes, both of these things happened.

• Lauren says
      Posted September 3, 2014

That was going to be my comment too – leaned the hard way after sitting covered in puke that an extra shirt for me was a must.

• Lauren says
        Posted September 3, 2014

This was going to be my suggestion too! Extra shirt for you is a must!

Posted September 3, 2014

Uugggg that sounds terrible!

5. Kelly says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Omgsh your baby supplies are so cute! Also the video you posted of David yesterday – soooo cute. Question for you! How come you grew your bangs out? Was it hard or frustrating? I’ve had bangs all my life (I’m 24) and feel like they are sort of defining for me. But I get bored with my hair and would like to switch it up. Would love any advice you could offer! Also, does face shape play a role? Thanks! (Ps. Glad you’re back!)

• Julie says
      Posted September 3, 2014

Great post and advice, Kate! I also have the same questions as Kelly regarding bangs! I’ve had bangs for 5 years or so now, and my stylist insists that I should grow them out (despite me telling her repeatedly that I kind of liked them as they were). They are now several different lengths and end up in my eyes throughout the day…which means I constantly push them out of my face…which means they’re a hot greasy mess by the afternoon. I don’t want to pin them back daily! Are bangs just not in style anymore? :/

• Christene says
        Posted September 3, 2014

I would love some advice too on bangs!! i’ve had mine for a while now, and I feel like “bangs are out” but I’m not really sure what to do. I have a round face, and I like how the bangs look on me but I would love some alternative ideas

• Heather says
          Posted September 3, 2014

Ditto on the bangs thing. I have a square face that needs some softening. I hope bangs aren’t out because I still dig mine. Is there a haircut that mimics bangs but is versatile too? My forehead looks dumb without hair on it.

• Julie says
            Posted September 3, 2014

Heather, I thought I was the only person on earth that thinks her forehead looks dumb without hair on it!

• Kelly says
            Posted September 3, 2014

I’m glad so many were wondering the same thing as me! I loled at “my forehead looks dumb without hair on it”. My favorite thing about having bangs is that I think they look cute when my hair is in a pony tail (which it so often is). But I also get the feeling that bangs are going out. And maybe I’d like a little more professional/grown up without bangs??

• Julie says
            Posted September 3, 2014

Ponytails ARE so cute with bangs, YES!! You know what though, ladies–even if they are on their way “out”, who cares, right? I think the most attractive women are the ones that feel so good about themselves that they radiate with confidence. And who says you can’t look professional with bangs? Google Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) from the Ironman movies!

6. Colleen says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I was wondering how you handle getting from the car to the airport to the gate with all of your “gear”. Do you bring the stroller? Car seat? Wear the baby? Pack everything in one suitcase? In my experience it’s the getting from the car to the plane with all of your gear that is the most difficult part of traveling alone with a baby!

Posted September 3, 2014

I only carry the diaper bag (not a purse because I just put the wristlet in the diaper bag) and now I’ve been pushing David in the umbrella stroller. He’s a little big for the Ergo now, but when he was an infant I carried him in that. Another flyer helped me get through security by putting the umbrella stroller up on the belt! And yep, we share 1 suitcase & it gets checked.

• Jessica M. says
        Posted September 4, 2014

Don’t give up on the Ergo, my chunky 20 month old (maybe 26 lb and 32 in) still rides around on my back, but not usually on the front. It’s a little tricky to master getting them in at first, but worth it.

7. Misty says
    Posted September 3, 2014

These are great tips! I am sure I will be needing these sometime after the baby gets here. We will eventually have to fly home.

8. Shannon G says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I wish I had this great advice when my girls were younger. I was so frightened to fly with babies, my daughter’s first flight wasn’t until she was 3 1/2!

9. Hilda says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Great tips, thank you so much for sharing. I have yet to travel on an airplane with my 2 year old. The whole idea is very intimidating to me. You’re so right about letting others help you if they offer. I’ve noticed the kindness of other parents/grandparents once I became one myself.

Totally off-topic but your clutch is beautiful. Can you please tell me where you got it from?

It’s from Coach!

• amm says
        Posted September 3, 2014

I used to really like your blogs… but they have gone completely down hill, they lack preparation, and thought. Seriously what to pack for a plane ride, if opeople are to stupid to figure this out they should not have kids.

• HeidiC says
          Posted September 3, 2014

Rude. Stop reading the blog then.

• AMMDIVA says
            Posted September 4, 2014

Seriously, did you actually need someone to write an entire blog about packing a diaper in a bag to go on an airplane.. are people that stupid ??????????

if you dont know to pack these things you should not have kids..

and again, this blog used to review new products to try for hair, makeup, babies etc.. not tell us to bring snacks ..

• MichelleC says
          Posted September 4, 2014

Rude. Unnecessary. Go away.

• AMMDIVA says
            Posted September 4, 2014

im not being rude, im being honest… sometimes the truth hurts, but its worth it to get my point across..

i used to read this blog to hear about new products for women, babies, etc..

not to make sure i bring an extra tshirt as if i would be dumb enough not to..

Posted September 4, 2014

please be respectful of other commenters AMMdiva.

10. Posted September 3, 2014

Wow that is a lot of airplane trips. My daughter is two and has never been on a plane. I am pinning this because this is not something I am an expert at. Thanks for your tips!

11. Carli says
    Posted September 3, 2014

My question is similar to some of the others: Do you baby-wear David when you’re in the airport? Or, do you put him in the stroller and then just check it when getting onto the plane? I am traveling alone with my 8 month old (will be 9.5 months when we travel) and he has never been on a plane before. Do you also try to feed David on the way up or down to help his ears and with pressure or is that usually not a problem for him? Thanks!!

Posted September 4, 2014

Lately I’ve been pushing him in the umbrella stroller and checking that plane side, but when he was smaller I’d carry him in the Ergo. When he was younger I fed him on the way up and down but now that he’s older I haven’t bothered with it and he seems to be fine. I think feeding is a safe way to help with the pressure though!

• Cynthia says
        Posted September 4, 2014

The first time I flew with my first, she was 2. She wasn’t nursing and wasn’t all that interested in drinking on the take off or landing, so we bought a chewy chocolate bar for her… I think an Oh Henry. It was so chewy that she had to work on a small piece for about 10 minutes, it worked well to keep her ear pressure regulated, she loved it of course.

12. Lauren says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I have traveled with my daughter once before when she was on formula, and it was extremely easy. She just turned one, and I am wondering if we can bring our own milk through or are their places to buy milk when we get through the gate. I know she will not make it through the whole flight without, and am a little concerned not being able to find what I need.

• Crystle says
      Posted September 3, 2014

You are allowed to bring your own milk on the plane for babies. There are also tons of places after the gate that sell little bottles of milk.

• Cynthia says
      Posted September 4, 2014

We’ve found that airport security is more lenient when you’re travelling with a baby. They’ll probably want to open the milk and test it for certain chemicals, and possibly run it through the X-ray machine.

We took bananas with us, for baby’s breakfast. We were flying to Hawai’i, and you’re not allowed to bring bananas on flights to Hawai’i because their bananas are quarantined. Anyway, our guard told us which security guard to avoid after him because she was a produce expert (I can’t remember the official title, I’m totally brain farting.) and she won’t let us get through with our bananas. That was pretty awesome.

13. Sarah says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Although it is convenient to travel with a baby as a lap child, I strongly encourage you to read more about child safety in regards to using a car seat on a plane. This site has a lot of great information: http://csftl.org/leaving-on-a-jet-plane-the-csftl-guide-to-safe-air-travel-with-children/
    The FAA, AAP, and NTSB all recommend that children be restrained during flights. It is safest for them. Although it is not mandated, it should be. Please read more about it and consider using a car seat for David every time you fly with him. Our daughter is 14 months and has traveled on a plane 8 times. We decided that if we can’t afford a seat for her, then we can’t afford the trip.

• Posted September 3, 2014

My thoughts, exactly. No car seat=no flying for us. I would never fly with a baby not properly strapped into a carseat .

Another tip for moms flying alone, you can have a family member or friend get a “gate pass” that lets them go through security and help with all of the gear, even if they are not flying.

• Kristine D says
      Posted September 3, 2014

Agreed. We aren’t allowed to hold our purse on our laps during takeoff or landing… Why should we be allowed to hold our baby?? The NTSB has a very convincing video about this topic. Our bodies would crush a child in our lap during an accident causing our body to fold forward, not to mention what would happen of we weren’t able to keep a hold of the baby and they went flying through the cabin.

• LaDinda says
        Posted September 3, 2014

Quite disappointing you fly with an unrestrained kid in your lap Kate. You will regret this decision if you ever hit turbulence. I’ve seen grown men thrown into the ceiling when they didn’t wear a seatbelt and severe turbulence hit. I agree with the comment saying if you can’t afford a seat for your kid, then you can’t afford the trip. Please consider the safety message you are sending when you put up posts like this.

• Amber says
          Posted September 3, 2014

I think your harsh tone is inappropriate. She is a new mother and if you have an opinion or safety concern about her flying with her child on her lap you should nicely let her know. We all look back on raising our children and say ‘I probably shouldn’t have done that’ to one thing or another. The way you phrase it sounds like she is intentionally putting her child’s life and the lives of all of her blog readers children in danger which we all know she would never do. Your condescending tone is unnecessary.

• LaDinda says
            Posted September 3, 2014

Thanks for the advice. I won’t take it into consideration when I voice my opinion on a blog.

• Chantal says
            Posted September 3, 2014

I cringe when I see people with babies flying without safety seats. I cringe when I see dogs in cars without seatbelts/safety seats. I think it only takes a few folks like Kate who have huge influence and we can turn the thinking around when it comes to small ones and travel safety. With a voice and a reach as large as yours, Kate, you can help spread the word about how important this issue is. Would you consider doing a post on putting David in a safety seat for your next flight? It would be hugely educational and would make for some good reading.

• Posted September 3, 2014

Ordinarily, I would agree with you about the “harsh tone”. The problem is that every time Kate flies, she blogs her “tips” (diapers in a diaper bag – groundbreaking) and several people (myself included) make the helpful suggestion that she use a carseat, per FAA recommendations, using a nice tone. I could see a new mom legitimately not being aware of needing to use one; however, she does know better, and it is infuriating that someone with a large audience decides to sacrifice her child’s safety to save a buck. At this point, the snarky comments stem from the fact that she does indeed know that her child should be in a carseat but doesn’t do it. Also, Kate, Southwest offers discounted tickets for children under 2 specifically to encourage carseat use.

• Amber says
            Posted September 4, 2014

I am sure Kate sits and reads each and every single comment on her blog, follows all the links to the safety websites about flying your child without a car seat and then thinks to herself ‘no thanks, I can afford coach and Kate spade purses but I’m not going to do what is best for my child and purchase a seat for him.’ All the while laughing in an evil tone while innocent and mindless blog readers don’t buy seats for their kids. You guys need to give her some credit, or don’t read her blog if you think she’s that ignorant and is intentional about something like this. Again, I support nice opinions and suggestions….treat others the way you want to be treated ya know?

• meredith says
            Posted September 4, 2014

Not to beat a dead horse, but what you described is exactly what she does. I know because one of the times that I commented (nicely), she said “thanks, I didn’t know that”. A big saying in the carseat community is “when we know better, we do better”. When you know better but don’t do better, Well, what can I say.
            Anyhoo, there’s really no point in me going on about it because it’s not my job to be the carseat police. Hopefully the FAA will start requiring it, but it’s sad to think that they have to – parents should want to make the right decision regarding safety, not be forced into it.

• Amanda R. says
      Posted September 3, 2014

Thank you for mentioning this Sarah. I always cringe a little when I see people that have so many followers not recommending best practices. No offense to Kate. You know better, you do better.

14. Posted September 3, 2014

What about a car seat? Do you just keep a separate one with your parents? This seems like it would be trick to carry.

15. Jennifer says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Where are the toys (9&11) from? Or what are they called so i can amazon them? My little guy and i will be flying in a few weeks and i’m in search of smaller toys that will do the job and fit in the city carryall diaper bag i have too!

• Ashley says
      Posted September 3, 2014

11 is the Noggin Stik. Our 8 month old son loves it too!

16. Rebecca says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Will you be doing bump updates like you did with your last pregnancy? Loved seeing the cute outfits you chose.

• Jessica says
      Posted September 3, 2014

I’m wondering the same thing! I’m due the end of March, so we’re only about 4 weeks apart. It would be great if you could do bumpdates/winter maternity outfits. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll try to!

17. Ashley says
    Posted September 3, 2014

We love the noggin stick! My aunt recently gifted it to my 8 month old. I also love the Baby Einstein toy you showed!

18. Carol says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Well, all things baby are a bit outside my wheelhouse now – it’s been 20+ years since I was pregnant. I have no idea if they even still make diaper bags, or if I would still recommend them, but way back then Lands End diaper bags were THE best (I loved my Lands End briefcases, also!). It was perfectly organized and since hubs was a stay-at-home dad, he was the one carrying it the most. He didn’t really want to carry a “cute” bag and the Lands End fit the bill. A lot can change in 20 years, but for those soon moms-to-be, you might want to check it out. I loved their backpack diaper bag, also!

19. D says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I miss your beauty and hair posts. They were my favorite. It seems like when girls have babies they forget their own identities as people and only become mommies. I get it, children are miracles. But you’re you too. And that’s great. And healthy. It’s all about balance. Just a thought.

Posted September 4, 2014

This week and last are a bit unusual in that I was off last week and am home with my family this week. I’ve got beauty posts to be edited soon ๐Ÿ™‚

20. Hannh says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Thank you so much for this post! I will be flying, by myself for the first time, with our 1 yr old in a month and I have been wondering how its going to go and what to pack. This was a great help and encouragement!! Thank you also for taking the break you needed to take care of you and your family! I respect that!! ๐Ÿ™‚

21. Michelle says
    Posted September 3, 2014

I don’t remember if I’ve commented on another post or not when you mentioned the Puffs. My kids loved them also but avoid the sweet potato ones, they stain.

Posted September 4, 2014

Those are his favorite and I haven’t found that they stain!

22. Katie says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Hi Kate! Long time fan of yours……………. happy for all that you have going on! But please bring back more hair posts! We love that you are a full time mom now but many of us started following you because you gave great hair advice and tutorials! Bring them back!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m working on it!

23. Julie says
    Posted September 3, 2014

Packing a diaper bag? I could see doing a post on the the logistics of getting baby and all it’s stuff to the plane with yours as well especially when flying solo, but packing a diaper bag? Oy…

• Daniella says
      Posted September 3, 2014

Agree! I have read this blog for years but now there’s not a lot of info. I can use now. My kids are older and sadly, the blog doesn’t have content for those who aren’t new moms. Which is fine, just not the season I am in.

• Posted September 3, 2014

Agreed. I don’t mind the posts about the baby once a week, but she should stick to the formula that made us all love the blog – hair tutorials and tips, with a bit of makeup and clothes thrown in. It was simple, and it worked. The mommy blog thing might have worked for her, except that showing 3 strollers that total $3500.00 kind of messed it up. I used to check this blog daily, so Kate, if you read the comments, stick to what worked! I get so many compliments on my hair, thanks to you. I used to tell everyone about your blog, but now I don’t because if they come here it is whiny, gimme-now, and bland. I hope when you feel up to it you can get back to the formula that made you successful.

• Jaclyn says
          Posted September 3, 2014

Umm I would guess she has more readers now than ever since becoming a new mom, this considering her blog crashed when she announced she was having #2. Kate, you just keep doing your thing! Readers will come and go, you are still very relevant to soooo many :))

• Deanna says
            Posted September 4, 2014

Oh please. Her blog didn’t ‘crash’ when she announced baby number 2. She had a database connection error. Not a high traffic crash. Really, do you think Kate is Angelina Jolie that she can crash a blog/website when she announces she is pregnant. That is just both ridiculous & plain silly.

Posted September 4, 2014

I have hair/beauty posts in the works. Understand that as my life has undergone a dramatic and wonderful change in the last year, the content I choose to share on my personal blog will change as well. There are a lot of really great hair/beauty blogs online. My favorite way to find them is through BlogLovin’. If you prefer exclusively hair/beauty, I’m sure you’ll find what you are looking for.

• Shera says
            Posted September 4, 2014

Then pick a theme. People have issues with the fact that you keep flopping all over the place with content. It it’s a mom blog, then post as such. I think your days of fashion and beauty are long gone. Agreed, there are lots of good blogs out there. The fact that your response to comments is “go find another blog” is just plain bad business.

Best of luck.

Posted September 4, 2014

Shera, I would argue that bloggers don’t need to stay w/in a certain niche all the time. Sometimes that can get to be a little overkill–just my thoughts on what I like to read.
            My advice on finding beauty blogs is just to try to help. You’d be surprised at how many emails/comments I get from readers asking how to find blogs so I figure a little advice in case they aren’t sure wouldn’t hurt.

24. misty says

kate,

Thanks so much for this post! I’m a new mom to a 3 month old and haven’t tackled the flight yet. To all of those knocking her for slight change in content-cut her some slack! I would hope you realize when a person has a baby their whole world changes and priorities shift. If her blog doesn’t align with your place in life at the moment then read a different blog. I’ve actually been impressed at how she has kept up with beauty and hair posts because if I had a blog all I would want to talk about is my little man right now!

Posted September 4, 2014

Thanks Misty! Glad this would help you!

25. Karen says
    Posted September 4, 2014

Oh, Kate! I feel awful that people are making grumpy comments. People obviously do not realize that blogs grow and develop like people do. I had my 2nd little girl 6 months ago and I totally understand where you are at as a new mom and a preggo! You should know you are doing an awesome job and that you should be commended for doing so much work on this blog when you have a wee one at home.

Posted September 4, 2014

Appreciate the support Karen!

26. Therese from sweden says

Hello
    Can I ask witch brand (name) you have on the diaper bag. I just love it. Love Therese

It’s Petunia Pickle Bottom ๐Ÿ™‚

27. Rebecca says
    Posted September 4, 2014

I hope my comment about wanting bump updates with outfits didn’t seem cranky or demanding! I love your posts about David and being pregnant, and ‘real life’ kinda things. I’m due in the spring and would just love to see your outfits for cooler weather. You post about what you want to post and we’re just along for the ride. ๐Ÿ™‚

28. Jen says
    Posted September 4, 2014

My favorite baby\toddler item to bring while on a plane with my daughter is blue painters tape! Sounds crazy but it entertains them for a long time and doesn’t take up much room in the diaper bag. We tear off about ten small strips and put them on the tray in front of us and she will pull it off and we put it on the window. We do that with all of the pieces and then when they are all moved over to the window, we move then back and keep doing that until she gets bored. Helps work on their motor skills all while keeping them busy and mom happy ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted September 4, 2014

Ha, I’ve never thought of that but I bet that is a good time killer!

29. Brianna says

Hi Kate!

I have been reading your blog for a couple years and started when it was primarily only hair tutorials. I am 23 years old and not married.. and I love reading your blog posts about your son/mom life. I enjoy reading about your honest adventures as a mom. Keep doing what you are doing and what you feel is important. Not all of your readers who are not moms are necessarily eagerly waiting for only hair/beauty/fashion posts.

Take care!

Thanks Brianna ๐Ÿ™‚

30. Denise says
    Posted September 4, 2014

The ONE time I didn’t pack an extra outfit (because I figured, “I’ve never needed one before … and it’s only a 2-hour flight”), my precious boy pooped out his diaper, up his back, down his legs, and into the seat of his carseat. It was a nightmare. NIGHTMARE.

31. Annie says
    Posted September 4, 2014

Thank you for your helpful hints! I traveled once when my son was 4 months old and really could’ve used your diaper bag advice!

Annie
    The Mama Gazette

32. Jennifer Yauger says
    Posted September 4, 2014

Hi Kate! I love the direction that your blog has taken. I’ve been reading for several years – before kids and with – I love to be able to relate to someone in the same stages of life.

Just wanted you to know ๐Ÿ™‚