sunrise juice

My husband was inspired by this documentary last year so he went out and bought a juicer. He juiced for a few weeks, while I sat by and turned my nose up at the grassy potent juice he said tasted “good”.

We both quickly realized that juicing is a chore. And so the juicer moved in next to our garage refrigerator and they’ve been neighboors ever since.

Since I’ve gotten healthier, I thought I’d start juicing in the mornings after my workout. It isn’t intented to be a meal replacement, but simply a nourishing addition to my breakfast.

Here is my favorite juice recipe:

juice everything!

Doesn’t it look fresh and appetizing?

I know, not really. Blame the carrots. They add a nice brown glow to the otherwise green juice.

It truly tastes much better than it looks.

I’ve found that you can come up with whatever concoction you want for your juices. Substitute kale for spinach, or add ginger.

If you are curious about the different benefits of juicing vs. blending, see this post. She also shares a few recipes that I would like to try.

Have you juiced? What are your favorite recipes?

*this recipe makes a lot of juice. I only poured half of the juice into the drinking glass, so keep in mind that it makes enough for 2 glasses.

Comments

We bought an Omega juicer with this year’s Christmas money (got a great deal on Amazon). We’ve tried the ingredients you shared in your post (minus the lemon) and my kids thought it had too much celery taste. So it’s back to the drawing board with that one. But we love it so far and like that it only takes a few minutes to clean up.
    –Anna

My husband and I watched that documentary and he immediately ran out and bought a juicer. After about a week he was as well tired with the chore of juicing. He loved the taste and how he felt, but it just took too much time. Any suggestions on how to make the process a little faster or easier?

• says

We bought the Omega 8004, and it’s really a breeze to clean. It still takes time, but just as much time as it would take to clean up my dishes from a meal or snack. We are very happy with it! Hope this helps. :)

• says

I have the Omega J8003 Juicer and it is SO easy to clean! It does take time, but if you clean it right after you make your juice it’s really easy. Good luck!

• says

Go to the reboot site from the movie and look at the one they used. Brevelle, very easy to clean. Put a Baggie in the waste container and you can save fiber to use for soups, baking or just compost but no cleaning there!!
      Good luck! Lovin it

While my sister lived in Miami she worked at a juice bar and fell in love with it and then gave me a juicer for Christmas (2 years ago). I did a cleanse for a week but haven’t since really juiced on a regular basis. I definitely do think there are great benefits to juicing, and if the machine wasn’t so darn big I would have it out on my counter in hopes that it would motivate me more to use it! Maybe I’ll bring it back out and start using it again! The clean-up is the biggest complaint from me – and the fact that I feel that I’m wasting a lot of fruit (although we’ve recently decided we can composte the remains).

My favorite juice is: ginger, lemon, green apple, carrot, and beet. It is a beautiful red color, and it tastes delicious! I think ginger, lemon, and green apple are the staple ingredients to any juice, and you can add anything you want from there! So many unique combinations you can make, and it makes me feel great to drink one every morning.

i have a juicer and have never used it because it’s a lot of work. in fact, it still sits at our old house in storage, but i have been wanting to use it here lately. when i do, i’ll definitely have to try this recipe. thanks!

Looks pretty tasty to me! Not to mention all the nutrition! I think I need to watch this documentary…I’ve heard a lot about it…but I’ll admit…I’m scared what changes it might spark!

Good for you for exercising and eating good!

My bff has a juicer and loves it – she even says the broccoli is good. They were inspired by that same video. I don’t have one, but I make lots of fruit and veggie smoothies for my girls and myself in my bullet/blender. I use whatever I’ve got around, including kale, spinach, apples, cherries, oranges, watermelon, mango, blueberries, carrots, avocado, strawberries, raspberries, peaches – though I try to keep them complimentary to each other so it tastes good, FYI! I add spinach or kale to almost everything though, and they have no taste so my kids don’t care in the least. I try to make sure some fruits are fresh and some frozen, so it’s smoothie-like, and then to make it a juicy-smoothe consistency, I add whatever juice I’d like, or soy milk. Awesome!

My hubby and I started juicing last summer. We replaced two meals a day for a couple months. I never felt better. It was a ton of work to make that much juice and have it ready for my hubby to take to work. Not to mention the cost involved. We have the Omega vert 350 and had the Breville. While the Breville is much much quicker to juice, the juice would oxidize very quickly and there was more waste in the pulp bucket. We sold it and stuck with the slower Omega because the juice tasted better and lasted longer so I only had to juice once a day. Probably too much info, but it may help someone decide on a juicer. Also, we added parsley to the above recipe which gave it a wonderful taste. I liked ginger too. We’ve been preparing to move and packed up the juicer a couple months ago. I can certainly feel a difference in my body. I can’t wait to get it out and working again. :)

We have had our vitamix since Aug and WOW what a difference! My skin, nails and hair are so much more healthy and I have a glow to my skin. I have tried so many different smoothies and juice recipes. Believe it or not this is one of my favorites that you added today. Just love to freshness of the flavor. Sometimes I will add a frozen banana for extra sweetness.

I love the idea of juicing, but feel like I would do what you guys did. Buy a juicer and then only use it a few times. I’ve made some pretty good fruit smoothies in a basic blender. Maybe I should try the veggie smoothies. I find it so hard to eat veggies during the day!

Sounds awesome and super healthy.

Here’s my favorite blender version to try:
    handful of spinach
    1/3 fresh pineapple
    1 pear
    1 nectarine
    water for consistency

sooo delish and a fabulous green colour!

Someone gave me a juicer a few years ago and I haven’t even taken it out of the box! I watched the same documentary as your husband and got the urge…. and before I could get the ingredients it was gone. Recently I have been thinking about it again but have no idea where to start. I might be able to handle your combo above, though!

I love juicing. My husband and I just started doing this daily to substitute/add to our meals. It is less of a chore if you have a good juicer. We have this one http://www.brevilleusa.com/food-preparation/juicers/juice-fountain-compact.html. I don’t have to peel carrots, i only peel all citrus and cut apples in half. We have juiced just about everything. Pinapple, mango and papaya are our favorites. Of course adding vegetables is the way to make it a meal replacement. We love kale, spinach, beets, apples and ginger with either an orange or grapefruit, and of course carrots! Glad you into juicing!

We started juicing last year and after a few weeks quit too! The clean up was such a hassle! ha :) We found that using the produce bag in the trash bin part of the juicer helps catch all the juiced parts and makes for much easier cleanup! It’s still work, but we’ve gotten used to it since we started back up this year! :) We got a Cuisinart Juicer at Bed Bath & Beyond and LOVE it! :) It has worked SO WELL! Thanks for the recipe, I can’t wait to try it. I typically haven’t loved carrots in any of my juices because they are SO strong, but maybe with the lemon and apples it will balance it out a little better! :)

my fav is: beet, carrot, spinach or romaine, cucumber, grape, blood oranges.

I juice every morning after my workout. and all of my kids love it too so I usually have to make a ton.

i don’t have a juicer, but found a new recipe from pinterest that i tried this morning as a smoothie – i tweaked it a little but it was fabulous!! it was almost the same as above – spinach, 1/2 orange, 1 apple, yogurt, strawberries. i left out the strawberries but added protein powder & a tad of milk. it was great!!

I have a Nutribullet… Keeps the pulp and super fast and easy easy to clean. Highly recommend it! I have tried lots of different combos.. So far have loved them all.

My parents bought a juicer last year and ever since I’ve wanted to juice. I never wanted to bite the bullet and buy a juicer though. I found one online at Target that got really good reviews from customers and it was decently priced ($80), so I ordered it with a gift card I got at Christmas. It is supposed to ship tomorrow actually.

I know it’s not going to be the best juicer, but I don’t need to go out and buy the top of the line one since I don’t plan on becoming a huge fanatic with it, and if I decided that I LOVE to juice, I can go later and upgrade.

I just had my first green juice at a juice bar that opened up by my house. I loved it! This one was kale + parsley + apple + lemon Now I want to get a juicer.

Dear Mr/Ms:
    Thanks very much for your time. We LingerieOcean.Com is professional underwear wholesale website.providing all types of fine lingerie ranging from adult costumes, long gowns, babydolls, bikini sets, men’s panties, ladies’ panties, teddies, garter sets & corseters, patent PVC&leather to stockings with varied dimension to meet your requirements.By employing experienced workers, introducing top sewing facilities and using luxury fabric, we have earned the accreditation of all of our customers. Our annual output is over 1,500,000 pieces.

You can directly make order online. If you are interested in some of the items or place an order from us, please do not hesitate to contact with us.

FAQ
    1.We accept paypal and drop shipping 100% safe door to door smoothly.
    2. Shipping delivery: EMS DHL TNT UPS etc within 3-7 days.
    3.The more you order, the more cheaper price you will get.
    4.Payment: paypal,western union, money gram, T/Tetc.
    5.Package be sent out within 48 hours asap then email clients tracking number.
    6.Sample test order accept, When u test our quality then we can do more and long term business with u in further.
    7.Our MOQ is one hundred U.S. dollars.
    8.Contact Us
    plus size lingerie
    cheap sexy underwear
    plus size underwear
    wholesale underwear
    Sexy underwear
    wholesale sexy underwear

I don’t ever remove anything from the fruit & veggies just cut it small enough to fit in the whole. Makes the whole process a lot easier. Can’t decide if I love juicing though. I have problems with my blood sugar and can’t really juice any fruits too much sugar.

I just went to a juicing seminar yesterday. Janesjuice.com
    Jane has recipes etc to try She’s a juice therapist!! Try a lime in lieu of a lemon, it makes a huge difference in taste. I live my Breville juicer. Drink up! Cheers

Juicing is actually really unhealthy, particularly when you include fruit. The sugar in fruit is only burnt off in the act of eating it, drinking fruit is NOT good

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. Veggies work hard to keep you moving so they deserve some time in the sun. They’re just relaxing on their towels – butternut squash, carrot, sweet potato, peaches, and mangos. Wake them when it’s time to hit the surf. Thanks and keep sharing. omega vrt350hd juicer review

Wholesale Club wear, sexy dress, nightclub attire, Sexy Swimwear, cheap clothing, clothing nightclub attire, sexy, sexy dress, female sex club wear, cheap price bubble dress and sexy little dresses are made in our Chinese manufacturers directly.
    Our web site: http://www.charm- leaders.com

Awesome post! I know that drinking juice everyday is very beneficial for us. Raw vegetable and fruit juicing offers your body a myriad of essential vitamins and minerals in their most natural and potent state. I drink goji berry juice some time. Thanks for sharing us this nice post.
    Goji berry juice