I’ve acquired a deep love for all things raspberry. It’s a perfect “not pink, but kind of pink” color for winter. While I’d love to wear red lips and a-line dresses everyday (I was made for the 50’s), raspberry has been the perfect modern alternative to a classic.
Last summer I had the opportunity to design a nail polish color for Zoya through Birchbox. I created a mood board full of rich corals and pinks, and Zoya created the little beauty shown below.
I have no idea where any of the items pictured are from. If you know, let me know in the comments.
It’s also named “Kate”.
You can buy a trio of polishes (including Kate) here.
My go-to nail polish this winter is Miami Beet by OPI. I layered 1 coat of Kate on top of 2 coats of Miami Beet and was left with a brighter, punchier raspberry color. You should try it.
The Zoya polish is made to be layered in that it’s more of a gelly formula instead of a highly pigmented shade like Miami Beet. It is not gel nail polish, it’s just thinner and slightly more translucent than other polishes.
Even more raspberry love:
1. Embrace the pale face this winter and add a bright blush.
2. Benetint is the perfect solution for lip color on date night! It’s not as heavy as lipstick, but will give you a great flush of color.
3. I love the consistancy of Sugar lip balm. It’s creamy and moisutizing without being waxy.
4. For a more vibrant raspberry gloss, try Korres Lip Butter Glaze.
5. Miami Beet is the perfect deep raspberry shade.
6. Nothing smells quite as delicious as Philosophy shower gels.