And it actually went pretty well--considering we are all first timers.
Justin scouted out some YouTube videos the day before so we felt like we pretty much had learned everything we needed to. Because who needs lessons when there is YouTube? Can I get an amen?
We felt pretty awesome renting our boards. But then we didn't feel quite as awesome as we scooted over to "Meadows", the bunny slope for the newbies. But we had to start somewhere!
Overall, it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Once I got the hang of the balancing act and lifting my toes to turn, I could totally understand the appeal of snowboarding. You can really cruise.
I have a whole new respect for serious snowboarders who can tear up the mountain though. That's hard stuff.
I did fall each time I got off the chair lift. I mean face plant, roll down the tiny hill, and try to move out of the way of the 4 year olds passing me on their tiny skis.
I limped the rest of the day, but look forward to trying it again!
Everyone else had a similar experience. We felt pretty good, but quickly learned it would take many days to feel really comfortable on the board.
We switched back to skis in the afternoon, and finished out the day!
Day 2 : [Ski Trip] Top 5 Moments!
1. Mom is feeling better and is up for joining us tomorrow on the slopes!
2. We ate a deliciously greasy pizza at Brown Dog Pizza in downtown Telluride and enjoyed a healthy debate of Lebron James' awesomeness. My dad and brother are not fans, but Justin, my sister, mom and I are. It's quite the sensitive subject.
3. Justin and I explored a terrain park and went over a few jumps. Now don't get too impressed here, I went so slow that I barely got any air. But it was fun either way.
4. My fingers were completely numb with cold but I was very pleased to see they had not turned black and fallen off. I was fairly confident I lost 'em.
5. Besides a few bruises and some sore heiney's, we all walked away from the first snowboarding attempt in one piece.
In other news, I miss my cats terribly! They are being well taken care of and I can't wait to see them.
Also, my hair has been styling like a dream. No humidty is such a nice treat! Makes things so much easier. I envy you who live in these type of climates.
Overall, it was a fun day, despite chilly temperatures and sitting on the cold snow during the snowboarding attempts.