Stu turns 23

My sister turns 23 today

Here are 23 special things about Lauren:
1. She’s funny.
2. When she would lose a tooth, as a child, she would scream like someone was trying to throw cyanide at her.
3. She loves cats, deeply.
4. She’s creative.
5. She can rap. Well. Alarmingly well. #missedhercalling
6. She’s stylish.
7. She’s quick witted.
8. She appreciates breakfast food.
9. She broke her arm jumping off a swing and apologized for it millions of times.
10. She’s a purse snob.
11. She’s organized.
12. She always texts me on days where the temperature is absolutely perfect and says its “like no temperature outside”. I always agree.
13. She used to go to bed without telling anyone goodnight as a child.
14. If it was acceptable to only communicate via emoticons, she would.
15. She loves Duke basketball.
16. During her senior year in high school, she would skip school (my parents knew about this) every thursday for about 3-4 consecutive weeks. Just because.
17. She does what she wants (see #16).
18. She loves fries and shakes from Cookout.
19. She hoards home accessories.
20. She loves Target.
21. She’s gone by the name “stu” for the past 8 years.
22. She’s the best sister anyone could ask for.
23. She never quite learned how to smile.

Happy Birthday Stu!

1. Posted December 4, 2012

Ok no offence to your lovely sister but when I first read the title I thought your cat had turned 23……. Sisters are the best !!! Have a great celebration today 🙂

Posted December 11, 2012

she would never be offended for being mistaken for a cat.

2. Posted December 4, 2012

I love your list! #13 made me smile haha….was she just mature for her age?! Or really, very suddenly, sleepy? 🙂

3. Lauren says
    Posted December 4, 2012

hahaha i laughed out loud at this! you da best!

4. Emily says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Aww this is adorable! I enjoy reading BOTH of your blogs so much. Oh, and Lauren? #16 — me too! Was less scheduled, but senior year rarely saw me. 😛

xo,
    Emily
    emilyannestyle.com

5. Kacia says
    Posted December 4, 2012

So fun 🙂 sisters are my favorite. makes me miss mine.

xoxoxo happy Birthday, STU!

6. Deb says

Love this! Ha!

7. Posted December 4, 2012

love the sister love.
    hangin’ with my sis tonight, just got excited.

xo – heather

8. Posted December 4, 2012

Sisters are the BEST !!!
    Cute Post !!!
    Happy Birthday Stu !!!
    Hugs ~ Connie xox

9. Amy M says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Cute! Happy Birthday to Stu!
    Btw… we have #9 in common. lol

10. Posted December 4, 2012

I love your sister’s hair in the last picture — could you do a tutorial on that some time? Thanks!

11. Wendy says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Do you all have another sister?

12. Lauren says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Aww. How adorable! Happy birthday, Lauren!

Fizz and Frosting

13. Posted December 4, 2012

Ahahaha Lauren is such a sweet and quirky girl! You’re so blessed to have her as a sister, and she’s very blessed to have you. 🙂 Hope you ladies have a great day! 🙂

Lynette @ lynette marie

14. Posted December 4, 2012

hahahahaa love it!! happy birthday, Stu!! and dude, i can rap, too! we should start a rap group.

15. Posted December 4, 2012

Hahaha! This is wonderful! Happy birthday, Lauren!

16. Posted December 4, 2012

How a beautiful things you say…that its great!

17. Brooke says
    Posted December 4, 2012

How cute! Happy Birthday to Lauren AKA Stu!

18. Anonymous says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Sisters are the best! I wish my sister and I lived close to each other, heck, I would take the same state!! I just LOVED this post! XOXO

19. Posted December 4, 2012

This is the sweetest thing ever! I love it. And I think it’s time you told us the story behind the nickname Stu. 🙂

• Laura says
      Posted December 5, 2012

I agree!

Posted December 11, 2012

I know–I need to!

• Ashlee says
      Posted January 18, 2013

Yes please!

• Ashlee says
      Posted January 18, 2013

Yes please!

20. Kelsey says
    Posted December 4, 2012

So cute! I love that you are your sister are such good friends. Also, I love you sister’s blog!! In fact, because I love both of your blogs, I gave a little shout-out to you both on my blog. If you are interested {it’s pretty short and sweet} you can see it at brighterthings.blogspot.com

21. Anonymous says

“;
    echo “Click to Download“;
    ?>

22. Sara says
    Posted December 4, 2012

I used to live in Charlotte and definitely agree that Cookout has the best shakes & fries!! Especially on the roughest of days 🙂 Happy Birthday Lauren!

23. Shara says
    Posted December 4, 2012

I’d love to know the story behind the nickname, too! :0). Ever since we moved out here to VA (she’s still back home in Kansas), I seriously miss my baby sister…even more after I’ve started following you girls! It’s so much more fun having a sister when your adults…lol :0)

24. Penny says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Funny! Happy Birthday, Lauren..aka …”Stu” enjoy your day! Love reading about you two sisters…..Lucky to have each other! : )

25. SH says
    Posted December 4, 2012

Aww! You look alike. My sister and I live a province away, and it really doesn’t get any easier. Nonetheless, we still try to chat as often as we can. Sisters truly are a blessing!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

26. Posted December 5, 2012
  27. Dana says
    Posted December 5, 2012

Nobody knows you like your sister! Love this post…and happy birthday to Lauren.

28. Posted May 30, 2013

Kate,
    I am an only child, but had 4 children of my own. I hope to raise my children to be able to write such an amazing things about their siblings. You can feel how well you know her!! Happy birthday to Stu!!

29. Posted July 22, 2013

oh wow! I had to take a double take! In the first childhood picture you posted, I looked IDENTICAL to the taller girl in the polka-dot dress. It is scary how much we look a like. Is that you Kate?