Stu turns 23

My sister turns 23 today

Here are 23 special things about Lauren:
1. She’s funny.
2. When she would lose a tooth, as a child, she would scream like someone was trying to throw cyanide at her.
3. She loves cats, deeply.
4. She’s creative.
5. She can rap. Well. Alarmingly well. #missedhercalling
6. She’s stylish.
7. She’s quick witted.
8. She appreciates breakfast food.
9. She broke her arm jumping off a swing and apologized for it millions of times.
10. She’s a purse snob.
11. She’s organized.
12. She always texts me on days where the temperature is absolutely perfect and says its “like no temperature outside”. I always agree.
13. She used to go to bed without telling anyone goodnight as a child.
14. If it was acceptable to only communicate via emoticons, she would.
15. She loves Duke basketball.
16. During her senior year in high school, she would skip school (my parents knew about this) every thursday for about 3-4 consecutive weeks. Just because.
17. She does what she wants (see #16).
18. She loves fries and shakes from Cookout.
19. She hoards home accessories.
20. She loves Target.
21. She’s gone by the name “stu” for the past 8 years.
22. She’s the best sister anyone could ask for.
23. She never quite learned how to smile.

Happy Birthday Stu!

Comments

Ok no offence to your lovely sister but when I first read the title I thought your cat had turned 23……. Sisters are the best !!! Have a great celebration today :)

2. Anonymous says

Sisters are the best! I wish my sister and I lived close to each other, heck, I would take the same state!! I just LOVED this post! XOXO

So cute! I love that you are your sister are such good friends. Also, I love you sister’s blog!! In fact, because I love both of your blogs, I gave a little shout-out to you both on my blog. If you are interested {it’s pretty short and sweet} you can see it at brighterthings.blogspot.com

I used to live in Charlotte and definitely agree that Cookout has the best shakes & fries!! Especially on the roughest of days :) Happy Birthday Lauren!

I’d love to know the story behind the nickname, too! :0). Ever since we moved out here to VA (she’s still back home in Kansas), I seriously miss my baby sister…even more after I’ve started following you girls! It’s so much more fun having a sister when your adults…lol :0)

6. Penny says

Funny! Happy Birthday, Lauren..aka …”Stu” enjoy your day! Love reading about you two sisters…..Lucky to have each other! : )

Aww! You look alike. My sister and I live a province away, and it really doesn’t get any easier. Nonetheless, we still try to chat as often as we can. Sisters truly are a blessing!
    thehartungs.blogspot.ca

Kate,
    I am an only child, but had 4 children of my own. I hope to raise my children to be able to write such an amazing things about their siblings. You can feel how well you know her!! Happy birthday to Stu!!

oh wow! I had to take a double take! In the first childhood picture you posted, I looked IDENTICAL to the taller girl in the polka-dot dress. It is scary how much we look a like. Is that you Kate?