a cat named patches

My sister and I have been chatting about about adding elbow patches to our sweaters as a DIY project. Becuase we are hipster like that. And by hipster I mean we peruse Pinterest and get inspired by all the other ideas.

I saw a few tutorials for felting elbow pads, which looked fantastic, but they seemed to be a bit more involved than what we were going for.

So we bought some stitch witchery, some fabric, and ironed those patches onto our elbows.

We used chalk to mark the center point of the elbow section.

Oh and we made Grits a scarf as well.

I thought a cat patch would be freakin’ adorable on my elbows. It’s a subtle way to “wear” a cat outfit (other than constantly being covered in cat hair), without decking myself out in all things cat.

Although let me take this opportunity to thank all of you who have tweeted and emailed my sister and I about the cute cat sweater and dress at Loft. You know us well, and we are very tempted to buy it.

If this is the first post you are ever reading from me. . .well I’m sure you will think I’m a little cat crazy. It’s true. And if this is your second or fiftieth post you already know that about me.

Anyway, back to the patch.

By the way, is the title of this post making sense to you yet?? #kneeslapper
I cut out two cats, cut out the stitch witchery, and began ironing.

Follow the directions on the stitch witchery package for your ironing rules.

My sister made cute little yellow hearts. . .

I almost went into cat-iac arrest when I saw how cute it turned out.
It’s eye-cat-ching.
I am not kitten you this is my new favorite sweater.

Enough? okay.

Comments

I think I will have to paws and think of a good idea for my sweater. Hmmm. I’m sure I will come up with the purrfect one. Thx for the idea :) Have a great weekend

wideospaces.blogspot.com

2. Sarah says

Love it! That sweater is adorable! I have been wanting to add elbow patches to one of my cardigans for while and this just confirms that I need to.

I love this idea! I am also a #catlady. (Two indoors and, I won’t even mention the number of outdoor kitties that we help feed.) To the girl who mentioned paw print patches…that is also a great idea, I would so do that as well, I also have a French bulldog.

This is not my first time reading, although I am a new follower….and I do not think you are Cat crazy!!! I also love Cats and can appreciate this! I love it! Love, love, love your Cat elbow patch!

This is amazing! I was just looking at a sweater this morning thinking it was probably time to toss it but nope – it is definitely getting cat patches on the elbows. Perfect way to flaunt our crazy cat lady awesome-ness. Bravo!

Ok, how do you & Lauren feel about adopting another sister? I swear, you two have too much fun together. Love “Patches”, the newest member of your cat clan!

LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Let me just paws a moment to tell you… It’s purrrr-fect!! You do way better than ME-owww on that sewing stuff! Fur really and truly! I’m feline pretty jealous right now!!! ;) So keep that sweater away from us or we might just whisk-er away! :))

Haha! LOVE! :)

That is so creative! I haven’t seen those kittens yet on pinterest. Thank you so much for sharing! Oh and btw your cat is so cute.

~Heidi (Juicing Blogger @ Juicingpedia)

This is really cute. I did something similar to a shirt for Valentine’s Day last year. I stitched around the edges with some embroidery thread to give it a more finished look. Turned out really cute.

Kate, thank you for this idea! My favorite shirts & sweaters always get holes in the right elbow because I work at a computer all day and my “mouse elbow” rests on my desk constantly. Now I don’t have to get rid of them!