This has been one of the fastest weeks of my life.
We've had car trouble with our otherwise perfect Ford Escape. I was driving to NC State's campus to take my husband a cord he had forgotten while he was representing his company at a career fair, when the Escape started rumbling at a stoplight.
It always rumbles a little, it's a ford after all and they aren't exactly known for a smooth ride, but this was shaking so much that the keys hanging from the ignition were jingling. The light turned green, I accelerated, and the car died.
So I throw it into reverse, slide back down a little hill out of the intersection, and am able to crank it up and get to the side of the road. I call my husband and he's on his way to come help me. I manage to get it to our street, but as I'm turning it dies again and won't restart. So I leave it there and walk 25 feet home.
My husband gets home, gets in the Escape, drives it to the driveway, and after several attempts he ended up pushing the back of the car while I floored it to try to get it up the driveway. That's a scary moment because I just know, in the back of my head, the car is going to suddenly work fine and we'll slam into our rental home.
"Oh hey homeowners who we rent from. . .yeah, we love the house. . .we ran into it today. . .with our SUV-- BYE"
Thankfully that didn't happen, but the rest of the week has been just a hassle dealing with the repairs. It could be much much worse, and it really is a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but an inconvenience nonetheless.
OKAY! On to the top 5 things of the week!
1. Target is killin' it this season. I'm loving a lot of their tops and sweaters AND their shoes! I picked up this cute lace top the other day. If fits like a dream and I love the subtlety of the lace.
2. Every October a group our friends gets together and head out to a corn maze. At night. And race to the finish. We look forward to it every year! We've been to Clayton Fear Farm, but were not impressed, so we are looking for a new maze this year! If you live in the area (Raleigh/Durham), I would love to hear suggestions!
3. I ordered my iPhone 5 case. . .but still have't ordered my iphone 5. Sure hope I can get one so I can use my cute new case!
4. I'm doing my sister's color today! It never feels like work when she's in the chair. We're trying something a little different too--so our creative juices have been flowing,
5. The weather is supposed to be beautiful next week! <--this is my way of not complaining about how awful this week's weather has been. Although. . .I think I just did complain, didn't I?
Link up your High Five for Friday post here!
Hope you have a great weekend! I'll have a NEW HAIR TUTORIAL on Monday!