Quick Curls and a Headband Hair Tutorial

Today’s hair tutorial is quick and polished.

There’s nothing simpler than wrapping a large section of hair around a small curling iron to get large waves, so if you are ever in a rush, choose the smaller iron
*having issues setting a less obnoxious thumbnail. . .but for now–enjoy that face, would ya?

Earrings: Anthropologie (sold out)
Cardigan: J.Crew
Headband: Goody

Comments

First of all, just about ANY hairstyle would look amazing on you because you’re SO DARN PRETTY!!!!

And also, how do you tease your hair without permanently damaging it? I teased mine 4 times and ended up wtih a ridiculous amount of breakage.

2. Anonymous says

Great to hear that I am not the only one lol! My husband says that i’m am addict!! Kate I always look forward to Monday tutorials,and by the way you do a great job!

I totally agree with the above posts… I too bring my laptop into the bathroom to practice (and I need to be more careful because I’ve nearly knocked it off the counter a few times) and I look forward to Monday tutorials every week! They make Mondays just a little easier for me :-)

Now, I’m off to scour Target for those headbands!

A lot of your most recent tutorials have been variations on a full head of curls… might you think about switching it up? I’d LOVE to see some straight styles from you!

5. April says

I love your tutorials for curling hair because they are so easy to follow and you explain things so well….however I have a problem. When you blow your hair dry it comes out all nice and straight and ready to curl. After blow-drying, mine is always frizzy, and has this uneven, kinky, wavy texture all over which really messes up the idea of a soft and pretty spiral curl. Also, I have really thick hair. What can I do to get your soft curls with my texture and thickness?

6. Anonymous says

Just watched the Country music festival on TV and there is a striking resemblence between you and Kimberly Perry from The Band Perry. Has anyone ever told you that?

7. Anonymous says

I love all your styles! But I have a suggestion, and maybe you’ll consider this.

A lot of your fans don’t have great hair like you. Personally, I have thicker, volumous hair with natural curl. If you could try using a model, a friend of yours with thicker hair maybe, and do their hair in a style that works better for us.

It would be amazing to see this eventually!!
    You’re doing a great job, and I love your work!
    -Shannon

8. Cher says

What’s the brand of the dry shampoo you used? I didn’t catch it in the video. I’ve used some other kinds and I know what you mean about the feeling at the end of the day!

9. Anonymous says

I love this tutorial on quick curls. My hair is pretty thick and is about to the middle of my back, so long. Whenever I try to curl it with a curling iron for one it takes forever and by the time I am all done the side I started with first a lot of the curl has fallen out. Any recommendations for having it be quicker and having my curls actually stay in? Thanks a bunch!

10. Anonymous says

11. Anonymous says

I love your tutorials, thanks for posting. What size is your curling iron? I have a 1 inch hot tools one but my hair just looks messy after curling. Any tips you can share that help? Thanks.