July Birchbox

I’m FINALLY getting around to posting about my July Birchbox.

Aaaaaand it’s already August. Not sure how that one happened. . . .
I’m glad I waited a few weeks before writing my review because I can actually share my experience with a few of these products!

I was most excited about the Boscia BB Cream. And I loved the idea that it is self-adjusting, so it will match any skin tone.
Sadly, it was still too dark for me. But I loved the way it applied, and the finish it left on my skin. It was one of the first BB creams that didn’t leave my skin too “luminous”.

The Stilla lip glaze is great. I love a good lip glaze, and this was a pretty subtle color. I don’t like it alone, but I like it on top of lipsticks with a little bit more pigment.

The rest of the items I haven’t tried yet, but I’m planning on polishing my nails with that mint polish before summer is over!

Click here to learn more about Birchbox!

Comments

1. Summer says

I got the lip glaze in my box too and love it! And I was really excited about the headphones…I thought that was a great idea…although I’ve since found out they aren’t very good, sound-wise. I’ll keep them around though, in case I ever need a pair in a pinch. I didn’t get a BB cream this time, but I have in past boxes…I just don’t like any of the brands I’ve sampled. I can’t figure out what all the hype is about!

I got the bb cream too. It works for me now because I have a little summer tan, but being very fair also, this winter it will also be too dark. I find it very frustrating when “self correcting” creams really don’t and turn me into an oompa loompa!

I bought a birch box subscription for a friends Christmas gift last year. It looks like I should buy one for myself! All the BB creams I have tried aren’t very good except for Smash Box but I enjoy more coverage or mineral makeup for a minimal look. What is in yhe tin? Oh and the mint color polish looks very pretty.

• says

BB creams are general a lighter finish, more for people that don’t have anything to cover up but just want to even out their skin tone. If you are looking for full coverage, I would skip it.

This month was my first birchbox – the only thing I got the same was the headphones – I did get Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in Peach and I love it! I have fairly similar complexion and hair color to you and it works perfectly!

July has been my favorite so far! I got a few diff things. Earbuds are Great!! They stayed in my ears for my entire workout! Also received a dif perfume. Harry Prince’s Hello! Smells so good!

I got my very first Birchbox and love it!!! The BB cream is amazing, the headphones match my running shoes but the sound isn’t that great. I’ll still use them. I also got this great smelling body spray/perfum called Harvey Prince Hello. I can’t wait to get this months!!!!

• says

I thought the same thing! It’s super cute in the container but awful on my nails. I’m sad. I gave it to my six year old niece who thought she’d scored the big one so it all works out for me.

FYI, those ear buds suhhhck! Sound quality is horrible and they hurt my ears. I got that same nail polish and it is way too cute especially with a tan.

I have applied several times for a birchbox but it never asks for any of my mailing information or billing information as to say I will receive one in the future. Am I doing something wrong?

• says

You can give limited info ( your beauty profile) at the time you apply. When you’ve been accepted (by email and usually takes several weeks) you will then give your billing info to start receiving birch box. Hope his helps. :)

• Anonymous says

I discover Birchbox a several weeks ago. I signed up for their waiting list and was contacted via email about a 10 days later soaying that I had 24 hours to claim my Birchbox subscription. Obviously, I signed up ASAP and got my first box about 10 days later.

I got the nail polish color in my box too, and I loved it! It’s such a fun summer color and I polka dotted with white polish on my thumbnails for just a little extra pizzazz. :)

11. Anonymous says

Shucks! I want the BB cream! My box was a little different. I did get the ear buds which work great with my iPhone! Speaking of BB cream, I just bought Loreal’s version and it’s good.

12. Anonymous says

My Birchbox was completely different. I think the only thing we had in common are the headphones and the perfume. I’m so jealous of the nail polish!

I didn’t think the headphones were THAT bad… I mean, iPhone headphones they are not, but they do their job. They were free, afterall. And I really like those mints. I feel like they’re not overpowering but still refreshing. Annick Goutal Petite Cherie is my favorite of that line. Smells like delicious pears.

I hope I get the stila gloss and bb cream in a future birch box. I got a great liquid eyeliner and perfume in mine this month. Love me some birch box…thanks for introducing me to it.

Lindsay @
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

My Birchbox was totally different. I got the nail polish in white (although I hated the color) it applied well so I’d consider buying the brand but different shade. Hope August’s box is better. So far I”m pretty unimpressed with my subscription :(

I’ve been debating whether to get Birchbox, so it’s really nice that you can see what items you get. I loove that colour blue polish. That would look so cute on the toes!

landoftheglam.blogspot.ca/

Oh my! You are the cutest thing! :) I ran across your blog a few weeks ago…and I love it! Seriously, you have the BEST hair tutorials and style tips. They are so “do-able!” I feel like I’ve bumped myself up on the style-scale already! :) Oh! I loved the Birch Boxes! I think you REALLY need to remind your blog readers to put your name down as the reference for purchasing those…so you can get some bonus buck credit! U deserve it! Keep the tips coming! –Holly

Ack, hit send too soon! I was going to say, Influenster gives out way better stuff, and since you blog already it wouldn’t be extra work to blog about their products. Plus it’s free!

19. Sara Beth says

I was so excited for my first Birchbox. It was okay, I hope that my next one will be better.I got the I perfume and ear buds, bronzer,dirt scrub,and a lip/cheek stain. I hope that maybe I can get the BB cream in my next box. I have been wanting to try it.

Hi Kate! Love your blog! I also received the Boscia BB cream in my birchbox and had the same problem. I found that if I put the BB cream in the palm of my hand and “stir” it with my fingertips it thins the cream out and changes the color before I apply it to my face. I hope this helps.

I signed up for Birchbox and got started with the August box, but I love it! I missed the cool earbuds so I ordered some for myself. It’s great to get to try things before buying a whole tube.

THANKS A MILLION for letting me know you can return cosmetics!! I bought a new lipstick at Target and YUCK…the color is great, the taste is horrid. I don’t lick my lips that much but it was like antiseptic on them and ewww. I’ll take it right back especially since it was $16 for one stick!

I also wanted to tell you that I finally got around to buying Phloof by MAC and OMG! The almost white BM I had been using and thought was working great as a sub….not even close. The Phloof is simply amazing! The sparkle and shimmer that makes the inside corner of your eyes POP is fabulous! Thanks for the tip!

I think the Dr. Jart’s BB cream has been by far the best for me with my paleness from the Birchboxes… Just an FYI.

You received a fun box! I love the perfume. It’s light and airy. And the mints– how fun! I live the tin. Mine was definitely different, but it was super enjoyable, nonetheless.

I also received the BB Cream in my box and thought it was a little too dark for me, even though it claims to be self-adjusting.

I found that if you mix it with some moisturizer, it’s perfect!

I joined birchbox because of you!! Sadly, yours was way better then mine. I got a benefit lip stain (which im not too crazy about), ada cosmetics peach bronzer (i dont need bronzer), eau flirt perfume sample (too fruity smelling), dirt salt scrub, those same headphones and then a granola bar. Wasnt too pleased this month :( wish i had gotten that nail polish!! Hopefully next month will be better

I signed up for Birchbox because of you. I love it!! I don’t always love or use the products that I get each month, but how exciting is it to get something in the mail?! I hope that you can claim your points for my referral!

26. Anonymous says

Its funny to get different stuff in the box. I LOVE the liquid eyeliner pen that came in my box. And I agree, I like the purfume as well. Thanks so much for the tip to get on with Birchbox!

I, too, received a BB cream in my July Birch Box. I love it. The one I received was Dr.Jart’s Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++ and I’ve never used a BB cream before and now I’m hooked. I’m fair skinned (gotta love being a redhead) and I think this BB cream hit the stop. I liked it so much I bought the full size.

Kate, I have a question – LOVE LOVE Birchbox, signed up for it after subscribing to your blog and whether or not I use everything in my box doesn’t matter – it’s just too darn fun to get!! Anyway, speaking of what I get in my box, is each person’s different or is it based on the things they ask you at the beginning? My point is, I love my box, but (so me) love your birchbox better!! :) Is it the answers to the questions that dictate yours is different or is it just the luck of the draw? Just curious but I do love the whole idea – it’s soooo fun!!! Thanks much! And love the hair today – very stylish!!