Because it's friday.
Link up with Lauren From My Grey Desk if you do a high five for friday post too!
1. Today is my mom's birthday. She's the best. When the three of us (my sister, mom and I) get together, we always have a great time. She's coming back down south in a few weeks and I'm sure we'll celebrate her birthday while she's here. Happy Birthday Mom!
2. My sister and I started a new hobby. Biking. It's both fun and a workout. The first day we went out for a bike ride, we left my house and biked to a local trail at Lake Johnson. There was about 1/4 mile of non-sidewalk that forced us to bike on the grass.
NEXT TO A BUSY STREET.
Thankfully, the grass was still covered in morning dew, so I fell and slid. Didn't hurt one bit. . .on the outside. My pride was shattered.
The rest of the ride went perfectly though, so I recovered from my fall and we've biked again since.
3. When I had lunch with Birchbox in NYC, they gave my husband and I each a Birchbox gift bag. One of my favorite items is this Tarte LipSurgence Natural Lip Tint in Amazed. I love a good lip stain because it lasts so much longer than lipstick. And the color is vibrant and shiny!
4. I'm dying in anticipation of my new Kate Spade bag.
I tweeted a few weeks ago that Kate Spade.com was having a surprise sale (crazy deals) and my sister and I both ordered a purse, which was a gift from my mom.
But they only sent us one purse. Apparently their system couldn't keep up with the orders so they couldn't fulfill every order. So we were planning on sharing it, since we had ordered the identical bag anyway, and my sister was using it first.
I was browsing around online for Memorial Day sales on Sunday when I came across a website that said Kate Spade was having another sale. So I clicked through that link and found the bag on sale, even cheaper than the surprise sale price! AND if you sign up at Kate Spade.com, you get 15% off your first purchase.
So I ordered that sucker in about 1 minute flat.
And I cannot wait to get it.
5. My husband starts his job on Monday. He's been chillin' during a much needed break since finishing school. And by chillin' I mean waking up to do P90X every morning, and spending the rest of the day researching bikes--he's in the market for a mountain bike. And running errands, helping me with some housework, and checking things off the HoneyDo list. It's been really, really nice to have him around. But I'm also excited for him to start his job too!
Have a wonderful weekend!