For several months I've stumbled across various style bloggers that do this thing called "30x30". Basically, they take 30 items from their closet and make 30 outfits from them. It's a way to challenge yourself to be creative and rethink your wardrobe while trying to avoid shopping.
And I think that is a great idea.
Based on my search, I believe the originator of this idea* is Kendi, from Kendi Everyday. You can click here to read about why she started this challenge, and while you are there please just go ahead and follow her blog. She's awesome. I love her outfits. I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing her posts as much as I do!
*if for some reason I'm wrong, send me an e-mail so I can give proper credit.
And so, my sister and I are embarking on the 30x30 challenge. And we are making it a link up--so you can join us too.
Basically, do whatever you want. If you want to do 40x40, 10x5, 4x8, it doesn't matter. The goal is to try to create new outfits based on clothing you already have.
There will be a weekly link up over at From My Grey Desk Blog, where you can share your outfits. From that link up, we'll pick our favorite outfit that week and feature it on the following week's link up page. We're not looking for amazingly perfect photoshopped photos, or the coolest background with the sun setting at just the right angle--we're looking at clothes. So go ahead and stand in your mirror and take a photo with your iPhone.
We'll begin by sharing the 30 items we've chosen. Each week, we'll share a few outfit posts until we run out of options.
Want to get in on the fun? Here's how it will work:
Every Tuesday (starting June 19th) you can link up over at From My Grey Desk Blog with ONE post that features up to THREE outfits from the 30 items you chose from your closet (which means that the challenge will last at least 10 weeks). Then, you can check back the following week to see if your outfit(s) was picked as our favorite of the week! And link up another few outfits.
Grab the button below and spread the word!
The 30 Items!
1. Target 2. J.Crew 3. Target 4. J.Crew Factory(similar) 5. TJ Maxx 6. The Loft 7. Anne Taylor Outlet 8. The Loft Outlet 9. The Loft 10. TJ Maxx
1. Banana Republic Outlet(similar) 2. J.Crew 3. Banana Republic(similar) 4. J. Crew Outlet 5. J. Crew Outlet(same, similar)
1. BP, Nordstroms 2. Gap 3. Banana Republic Outlet
1. Alfani 2. Gap Outlet 3. Bandolino 4. Franco Sarto 5. Target
1. Various places 2. Stella & Dot 3. Target + Elisabeth Ashlie Earrings 4. Elisabeth Ashlie 5. Target + Francesca's 6. Francesca's + Elisabeth Ashlie Jewelry 7. Ebay