We just moved into our new place and got mostly everything put away. My parents arrived a week later in order to be here for Justin's graduation dinner!
They arrived last Friday, unloaded their stuff at my sister's place, and then my mom and I spend the rest of the evening putting finishing touches on the living room/dining room/kitchen in order for the place to look "finished" for the dinner! My mom is a fantastic interior designer, so I wanted her help with hanging art and mirrors. We also create a gallery wall above my kitchen table that I am SO excited about.
The next day was Justin's dinner. His parents and sister came down, so it was great to have both families together!
This past week has been painting, projects, accessorizing, and basically working my mom to the bone. My sister and I took FULL advantage of having her here to help decorate. I cannot wait to take you on a home tour. We're planning a "mtv cribs" video tour--which could very well be hilarious.
Here are my top 5 things of the week!
1. My husband finished undergrad! I'm officially married to a rocket scientist. and HE surprised ME with the sweetest gift at his graduation dinner. He snuck away for a moment and returned with a gift bag. I was confused and thought maybe he was giving his mom a very early mother's day gift? Then he walked right over to me and said the sweetest things about putting up with late study nights, crazy schedules, and lots of dinners alone. He bought me a new lens for my camera, a 50mm. I was so surprised and so touched. What a man.
2. Eating a delicious dinner on my back patio. The weather has been delightful.
3. Looking forward to my trip to New York City with my husband. We are celebrating his graduation, 30th birthday, our 3 year anniversary all in one trip. It will be great.
4. Set up my bird feeder and love seeing my cats just stare out the window. I figure they get the same enjoyment from that that I do when watching New Girl.
5. Going on the annual girls trip with my mom and sister next week! After the craziness of the move + working long days at the salon, the escape to South Carolina is much, much needed.
Do you link up with From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday?