Revlon Lip Butter

My new love.

This is quite possibly the best lipstick/tint I’ve ever used.

It’s so soft and makes your lips feel like you have slathered them in Softlips, in a good way.

And they have just enough color.

And it only took weeks before I could finally get my hands on the colors I wanted! It seems that every other woman in my area wanted these too.

The Peach Parfait, in my opinion, looks absolutely NOTHING like the ad with Emma Stone. I was expecting more peach, but I’m actually happier with the results on my lips. I’m aware everyone’s lips take on color differently, but wasn’t nearly as intense at the ad showed. So don’t be afraid of Peach Parfait!
And Strawberry Shortcake? The perfect girly pink. But not Barbie pink.

I may be done with lipstick forever.

Comments

I’ve been wanting to try these really bad! Alot of girls that do beauty you-tube videos, have been talking about these. I def. need to get one this weekend! I am currently trying out BabyLips by Maybelline.. Like it too, but these might be better, we’ll see!

I have the lip butter in Cherry Tart and love them, too! A great alternative to a lip stick – moisturizing, but packs a lot of color. Great new product!

I bought it in Cherry Tart a few days ago…I love it! I’ve been playing around with it and plan on wearing it out for Valentine’s Day! It’s the perfect shade of red. The selection was pretty slim at our local Wal-Mart, but I def plan on buying new colors when I can find them!

I just bought Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie on Sunday. I have never really (ever) worn color on my lips and I am loving these! Next on my list are Creme Brulee, Creamsicle, Red Velvet, and maybe Strawberry Shortcake. Fun! Love the names!

I just bought one of these yesterday… changed my life. Ok that’s a little much, but I’m with you, I think I’m done with lipstick as long as I have this lip butter in my purse!

I need to try these too! I have been using Buttershine lipstick from Clinique for years….Love the colors Baby Baby and Delovely. Maybe these are better!

7. Kathryn says

I love these too! So far I only have Sugar Frosting, but the color is perfect. Not too much, not too little. I’d love to see how they look on you, too, so I can see if I need Peach Parfait. My next one to buy is definitely Creamsicle. I love light colors on my lips because I tend to do my eyes more dramatic. These lip butters are perfect for the price, though. And especially considering I usually put lip stuff on without looking, the more subtle the colors, the better.

I bought the Lollipop because it was the only color available. It is quite bright but my husband loves it so I guess I will keep wearing it. I want to buy one of the darker colors when they are available!

I love these! I had to run out and buy peach parfait as soon as I saw the Emma Stone ad. I love how it looks. I also bought Sweet Tart a few weeks before that, and it isn’t nearly as scary bright as I thought it would be, which is awesome!

I <3 peach parfait and strawberry shortcake too. I also have cotton candy and creamsicle. I am not so crazy about creamsicle, I just don’t think it works for me. I love all the other colors I have tried though.

Kate, this is off topic, but I tried out the Redkin shampoo and conditioner that you use on your hair. I love what the products do, however I am finding that I’m not as crazy about the smell. I love the way herbal essence products smell (fruity), however I want a high quality product too. I have fine, mid length hair. Do you have any recommendations on a professional shampoo/ conditioner that smells really great?

After reading your ravings about the lip butter, I couldn’t wait to try some. I researched on Google for color choices and bought 2 tubes today at Walgreens- buy 1,get second one 50% off. Very moisturizing and love the colors. I bought Pink Truffle and Berry Smoothie- subtle color and so creamy!

Bought strawberry shortcake and pink truffle today!! Lots of colors sold out! I think they are great too, but I still think the butter shine from lipstick from Clinique has more “butter”!

After I read this, I had to go get my own and try it out. I picked up the peach parfait and it’s the perfect color, not too heavy and with a little shimmer. Love it! Thanks for the review!

P.S. – I’m new to your blog, and I’m officially hooked :)

15. Anonymous says

Brown sugar is an amazing color. It’s a brown/mauve with a hit of gold. I have medium tone skin, hazel eyes and dark brown hair. I think it would work on everyone, though.

It’s so funny. I saw this lip butter advertised somewhere and then on some else’s blog and then I couldn’t find it again. I was hoping someone else would blog about it because I forgot the designer. Thanks Kate! I will be giving it a try soon!

I’m a new convert to Revlon lipstick too. Just blogged about it earlier this week in fact. These look yummy!

OK, another observation Kate. My dear friend who designed my blog took inspiration from several sites I sent her to that I LOVE. Yours is one. I promise I’m not a clone. Having them in side-by-side tabs on my screen made me laugh out loud. Thankfully I don’t have 25000 followers like you. Just a few friends who read my blog. :-)

Still praying for you!

18. Anonymous says

saw this post and was in the store today and decided to try some. I picked up Pink Truffle and I LOVE it! thanks!

My teenager loves Revlon lip butter and has been trying to get me to get one. After reading your review I bought two (both colors you recommend) and I love them!

20. Sara Beth says

My new favorite lipstick! I bought brown sugar. I have dark brown hair and eyes,with fair skin.Sometimes it can be hard to find a good color for me, or maybe I am too picky, but I anyway love the color. The moisturizer is great especially for this time of year. I really enjoy reading your blog , keep the great advice coming. Thanks so much!

21. Lindsay Wall says

LOVE THIS! I saw this on your blog and HATE lipstick so decided to go find it and try it out since you said it feels like Soft Lips. I love it!!! I got the strawberry shortcake and plan to buy more. Thank you so much! Love your blog!!

22. Anonymous says

OMGoodness!! I have always been a gloss girl, and that’s even every now and again, but I bought peach parfait and absolutely love it!! I have never worn lipstick, but this is a must in my morning routine now!! Thank you so much!!

23. bella says

I’ve had strawberry shortcake for a while now and LOVE it. I use tanning lotions, but even when I’m my regular pale skin it looked even better! An amazing product

I LOVE these Revlon Lip Butters SO MUCH! I picked one up at ULTA when I was waiting in line to check out and loved it so much that I picked up two more colors the next day at the drug store. I love how I can put them on without a mirror (unlike regular lipstick since I feel like it is going to get all over my skin!) and how awesome they feel!

25. Debbie says

OK…Bought the Peach Parfait and the Strawberry Shortcake lip butters today….Was scared when I saw the Emma Stone display pic, but went with
    trusted words that it is NOTHING like the picture…Tried it on while sitting in the car in the driveway when I got home (needed full and true effect of that color on my lips in broad daylight :) LOVE IT! =] Thanks for the recommendation, Kate! (Strawberry Shortcake is pretty, too :)

26. Anonymous says

I’ve got two different shades, but my favorite is Pink Truffle (I can’t even remember what the other one is).
    I love how it’s not ridiculously dark, but it does give me some good color. And it doesn’t dry my lips out like lipstick does. I feel like I’m wearing a light lipgloss.

I like these, but my favorite is still the Neutrogena Revitalizing Lip Balm. Its the softest, silkiest and nicest feel on my lips with some noticeable color.

how do these compare with Clinique’s Chubby Sticks? I love the sheer wash of color with lots of moisture, but obviously the lip butters would be less expensive…has anyone tried both?

This is awesome! I rarely actually have anything you talk about lol. I was on the hunt for a red lipstick that wasn’t too drying for my uber try lips and in a flattering shade, and couldn’t find one I was happy with…and then I found these lip butters! I don’t know the name of the colour but it’s the deep red, and its perfect! So happy to see you review them :)