December Birchbox

It’s Birchbox reveal time again!

This box had some GREAT samples in it. My absolute favor is the Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo. That stuff is powerful and effective!

This is not a scary pink when you put it on your lips!

These are great for little wardrobe tweaks!

Smells delightful.

This oil is for hair and skin. I’ll try it on my skin first (I’m apprehensive to put oil on my hair because I don’t want it to weight it down) and see what I think!

Birchbox also included this nice promo for December. How kind of them! :)

Have you gotten a Birchbox yet? It’s such a fun thing to look forward to every month. And it has introduced me to so many great products. (I know I say that every time. . .but it really has!)

Comments

You know I didn’t get the dry shampoo hair sample!!?? Does each box have something different in it??? Everything else I had??? I was just wondering?? I started the birch box thing 2 months ago when I discovered your blog. I really do enjoy it!!! Thanks for the neato suggestion.

2. Anonymous says

Just signed up last night for mine!! It will come in January, but after seeing the dry shampoo sample, wish I had that!!! Thanks for the recommendation!!!! :)

I got a tiny body scrub instead. I would have loved the shampoo. I’ve been subscribed to Birchbox for months and have sadly seen the quality of the samples go down. Too many perfume samples I could get for free at Sephora. I hope they pick the quality back up.

Huh. I started Birchbox for the first time in December and was totally disappointed. I got L’Oreal hair oil, benefit porefessional, a very overly floral (I like spicey/citrus) perfume, the lipgloss and vitamins that you did. I was kind of hoping it would be more exotic with brands I have never used (like yours!)

Just curious if you know if everyone subscribed to birchbox gets the same product every month? Curious because I saw someone else review their box this morning and the only thing that is the same is the Show Stoppers. Interesting! Merry Christmas :)

6. Anonymous says

I got my first Birchbox last week and was also a bit disappointed. I got the same stuff as Mama Phrass. Would have loved the products you got. Hopefully next month will be better.

7. Anonymous says

I was really excited to get mine yesterday! The only bummer was my entire sample of a hair oil treatment had leaked in everywhere in the box so I guess I won’t be trying that one…. The box smelled really good though hahah.

Amanda

Never heard about Birchbox until read your post. Went to check it out. Cool stuff! Please let us know how you like the dry shampoo. I looked it up on Amazon. Not everyone likes it.
    Thank you for everything you do!
    Merry Christmas!

My hubs got me a 6 month subscription and I got a welcome box (does anyone know of it counts toward the subscription or not?) with a lot of the same items as Kate but I also live where she does so perhaps it’s regional.

Funy story- I got a 3 month for a good friend and as I’m telling her how I came up with the idea, she comments that her roommate reads this blog too. Lo and behold, her roommate got her BB too!!! Too funny.

10. Catherine JD says

I had a BirchBox subscription as a Christmas present !! I got the same products as you, except a different fragrance. I LOVE the dry shampoo and I’m exited to try the oil on my hair. Such a great gift !!

The only thing that was similar in the box I received was the Show Stoppers, energy boost thing and the lip gloss. In fact, looking back, ALL the boxes I’ve gotten so far since October have been different from yours (October only similar item was the Laundress sample and in November uhhhhh nothing was the same)… I didn’t even get the Zoya nail polish which is a super bummer since I was hoping to get polishes. All I get are packet samples of shampoo it seems. Super bummer.

I signed up after reading about it on here. I did not get the Oscar Blandi…I got Benefit Porefessional instead. And I got Loreal hair oil in a TINY sample (about the size of a fragrance sample vial); yours looks almost like a retail size. Very interesting.

13. Anonymous says

I haven’t gotten my box yet :( So anxious! As I am reading other’s posts, I think the diff in what everyone gets is due to what you pick as your personalization on the site for your box? Just a thought :) I may change my “preferences” once I see what is in my first box!
    -Amy-

14. Sarah! says

I love Birchbox this was my second one I received, I got alot of the same stuff but a few different things as well…If your new to birchbox you should fill out the survey that asks about yourself so that they know the right kinds of things to send you…they send out samples based on that questionnaire. So everyone’s is going to be a bit different now some stuff like the show stoppers, eboost, and lip gloss come in everybodys! I love Birchbox and thanks Kate for discovering it for all of us!

So interesting! This month was my second Birchbox and I got Mythic Hair Oil instead of dry shampoo (I really like it!) and also some perfume that I love. I love that it’s always a surprise, and it’s also really interesting that they seem to customize each box. Can’t wait for January!

Kate tell me what I did wrong, please! lol I bought the Dry Shampoo at Ulta after I saw this post. WOWser. It’s AWFUL! I have fine thin hair I used it on fresh hair to try and add a little volume -nada. The next day I tried it on day old hair and again -nada. Actually made it worse. I busted out the old reliable Suave Dry Shampoo and I’m good as new. I wanted one with no powder residue, but I wanted it to work. I found a full size (5oz) bottle at Ulta in a pack with travel sized shampoo and conditioner on clearance for 12.95 so at least I got a good deal. (I bought two, hoping it would work) However, they are going back. Sad face. Any other great dry shampoos you can recommend for my hair type?

17. Anonymous says

Finally I got my Dec box!!! I got the same samples as you!!! I really think other commenters should try changing their preferences to get samples they like more :) Love!!!!!!
    -Amy-

Just wanted to say thanks for the Birchbox recommendation! I cant wait until I get mine in February (I guess I waited a little to long to sign up so I dont get the January box)! In the personal information section they asked where I heard about them and I told them your blog. Thanks again and I enjoy your blog a lot.

19. Scooter2730 says

I’ve tried signing up for birch box but it always says sold out when I go to the website. It asks for an email to put me on a waiting list which I did but haven’t received any info. Any advice?

20. Anonymous says

I have tried to buy a subscription to birch box and it seems there is a waiting list or something. It allows me to enter my email address and says it will notify me when new subscriptions are available,I’ve been waiting a while. Does this sound right to you? Please let me know. Thanks.