November Birchbox

My Birchbox arrived a few days early this month! It was a nice surprise because I wasn’t expecting it! Usually as soon as it arrives, I drop everything and go open it to see what’s inside. This month was no different except that I got overly excited and left all the other mail in my mailbox. Sorry mailman.

This month I received some wonderful jade green nail polish, a wonderful smelling perfume, some green apple toothpaste, a “firecracker” chocolate bar, and some bright pink lip gloss!

The perfume by Harvey Prince smells delightful. It’s not overpowering, and it is a very feminine scent.

I’ve got to say I’m a little nervous to take a bite of the ChocoPod. It is Dark Chocolate, Chipotle, Salt and Popping Candy. That sounds seriously intense. I feel like I need a glass of milk nearby when I try it. :)

Have you signed up for Birchbox? I’ve been a subscriber for 5 months and have absolutely loved it. For me, it’s totally worth the $10/month. It’s opened my eyes to products that I normally wouldn’t look at and provided me with some great cleaners, lip glosses and serums, and perfumes that I now love!

I’m usually a sucker for the “sample” section in Sephora but those usually are about $10-15.00 for 1 SAMPLE! Plus you don’t get to choose from the same variety that Birchbox provides!

Click here for any information about Birchbox if you are interested!

Comments

I signed up for Birchbox because of your blog, and I love it as well! I got the same things in my box this month. I was afraid to try the chocolate too but it doesn’t taste spicy, it just has a little kick. Give it a try!

Total Baby over here, I ordered my birchbox from your blog last month and it’s been sitting in shipping since the 4th!! I can’t wait to get it, let’s get a move on postal service!!!

Hey Kate! I got my Birchbox yesterday, it was my first, I was very excited! I got the Zoya nail polish but mine is “Izzy”, a fabulous fuchsia! I was feeling gutsy yesterday and tried the chocolate, I didn’t love it. I’m not really a fan of spicy and chocolate, the chipotle in it gave me a bitter aftertaste. I also got Mama Mio Boob Tube, a bust a neck firmer (haha, it’s funny because my bust is nowhere near busty), Lavinila vanilla blossom body butter (it smells amazing), and TAY cucumber day moisturizer with mango butter–it’s great! I’m already excited for my Dec. Birchbox!!!

I got all different things, except the toothpaste but it was perfect for me!!
    Kerastasse hair elixir – first thing I opened! Put on my daughters hair and it made her curls amazing instantly.

I got a sample of night cream by befine. – of course used last night! A sample of yummy mascara and a hair tie my daughter ran off with.

I’m still using last months and can’t wait for Decembers.

Wow you did get your box early!! I don’t even think I’ve received a shipping notification yet? That seems like a random box of stuff this month. Can’t wait to see what I get! Is that a full size lip product? Hope so!

I signed up for Birchbox because of your blog as well! I received my first one yesterday, and I am really happy with it. So thanks so much for sharing this information with us!

I got my first Birchbox yesterday and I have the same stuff as the Tiffany above (what a quinky dink). I’m so excited! I contacted them about gifting! I want to get a subscription for my mom and mother in law for christmas, but my mom will not like just a card saying she’s getting something. They said they are about to set it up so that you can send the first gifted box to yourself (to wrap) and then the rest can go to the recipient. Perfect!!!!

LOVE BIRCHBOX (thanks to you)! Today I received my first box and I got a totally different box. I DID get the Anastasia HydraFull Gloss in Sugar Pink, BORGHESE Fango Brillante Brighening Mud (I used to work for BORGHESE and I LOVE their Fango Mud!), Shalimar Parfume by Guerlain (not my fav, maybe my mom will like it), J.R Watkins Foot Repair Salve & a couple of paper Amperstand Coasters (not that impressed by these). The Fango alone is worth the $10 though. I’m glad I signed up!

I got the chocopod in my Birchbox this month as well and let me tell you, the chipotle creeps up on you! A little piece had me wanting milk after I ate it. Proceed with caution!!!!

ohhh I got my Birchbox yesterday and wripped it open just like you! I got all of the same stuff as you (which I have never found before) so that was fun. As I opened mine right after dinner, I had to try the chocolate and it was ….. different. It wasn’t too spicy, but the pop rocks are fun and the spice is a nice twist. Thanks for posting your monthly Birchbox. I think I am going to have to start doing the same so we can all compare! (I guess I can’t do this month though since I already ate through the chocolate… haha!!!)

I got my very first Birchbox today.. thanks to your blog! I think the $10 a month is worth the excitement and anticipation alone! I received the same box as Kristen a few posts above and I have the same sentiments. Maybe better luck next month?? Still lovin’ it tho! :)

As a matter of fax I did sign up for Birchbox………thought it would arrive today! Hmmmm – wonder if I will get green nail polish asI am not sure that is my color!! It seems like a fun surprise to get every month.

I got mine today here in SoCal and everything is different than yours. I wonder why is it different. No chocolate or any foods in mine. I like it through but a bit diappointment that not same as yours. Hope December will be better one.

Ok, you definitely have me interested in Birch Box. I mean… who doesnt like getting a box of goodies in the mail every month. Im just scared that one month the box will be full of things that I wouldn’t use… which then I would have to wait another whole month for another box of goodies. HMMMMM. Im definitely thinking about it tho. I guess I can just sign up for 3 months or maybe month by month to see if it is worth it.

LOVE your hair tutorials… you make it seem so easy.

Chrissy
    chrissykpratt.blogspot.com

My box has all the same items except my toothpaste is cinnamon and my lip gloss is sugar pink. Try the chocolate, you might just like it! I was a little hesitant too.

I signed up for Birchbox thanks to your blogs…. but mine is terrible! This is the second one I got and last months wasn’t great either. :( I’m disappointed… yours are always awesome… I should write them and tell them to send me whatever you get.

Oh my goodness! I love that chocolate bar! I used to work in a bath and body boutique and we would sell it there. After trying it I was convinced pop-rocks can turn the worst day in to a great day because you can’t help but smile when you eat them!

I wanted to pipe in that I got my birchbox today and while some of the things are different, some are the same, and all of it looks great, and I can’t wait to try it. I got the same nail polish and I also got some Avene cleansing gel, two beautiful letterpress coasters, some eye concealer/primer from Mineralogie, Thymes eucalyptus lotion, and a sample of Thymes kimono rose body lotion.

19. Tara says

The Birchbox owes you some major publicity! I just recently stumbled across your blog (from my obsession with Pinterest) and have followed you every day since :) I just signed up for Birchbox and am excited for the day it arrives :) Thanks for all your fun tips and tricks! I look forward to snuggling up with my laptop each night to see what else you have to share!

I got mine today and I’m sorely disappointed. I got the Thyme lotions which smell like cheap old lady lotion. The nail polish, while pretty (a deep blue), it smells very strong and cheap. I also got joule lip plumper, which I don’t need…got full enough lips already. And, I really wanted that lipgloss!! Lastly, no chocolate bar…I got a hair tie, which is ironic considering I just cut my hair super short. Overall…I’m a little ticked. Maybe next month will be better.

i did not get this box :-| mine sorta sucked this time except for the kertase serum (which i love) but otherwise, bleh. not too bleh that I will cancel! i freakin’ love the surprises, plus – I am using those boxes this holiday season.

signed up for birchbox because of your blog! my first one was due to show up on Friday…but the post office was closed. my husband was laughing at me because I checked the mail twice before the mailman came on Saturday morning. When I finally saw that the he had filled our box I made my husband go get it, he hid my box under his shirt and said that my birchbox had not come….silly man. My box included some awesome stuff, completely different than yours. LOVE IT! Thanks!

I got my first birchbox last week and was so excited!!

Question: Samples on sephora?! Where do I find them? I wasn’t aware they offered samples to purchase.

24. Anonymous says

I just signed up to receive my monthly subscription of BirchBox thanks to you! I made sure I mentioned your name when asked how I heard of the company! Thanks for sharing your secrets!

Rachel

25. Anonymous says

I got my subscription to Birtchbox the other day and am hoping to get my first box on the tenth! Told all my friends about it lol -Amy-