I have combination skin (which is dry in some parts, oily in others), random breakouts, dark & evil under eye circles, and very, very sad little eyelashes. So yes. I need makeup. Trust me.
I'm going to ask my sister to do a makeup tutorial too, since her makeup always looks good, and she has a more natural finish. She has great skin and amazing eyelashes. You won't believe it.
Here is a rundown of what I use, and the order in which I use it.
1. Powder brush from Bare Escentuals
2. Blush brush from costco
3. Bare Escentuals Prime Time eyelid primer
4. Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum
5. Mac eyeshadow in Wedge
6. Mac eyeshadow in Vanilla
7. Bare Escentuals eyeshadow in Java
8. Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum (lots of regenerating going on)
9. Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner
10. Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15
11. Mac Pro Longwear concealer in NW 15
12. Mac Studio Fix Powder in N4
13. OH! my blush isn't there. It's Bare Escentuals Golden Gate. A lip stick pic is all I could find!
14. Makeup Forever eyeliner in black
15. Cover Girl Eyebrow pencil in dark blonde
16. an assortment of shadow brushes, a few from Bare Escentuals
17. Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara in Black
18. Sephora lash curler
19. Tweezerman tweezers
20. (also not pictured) Sonia Kashuk Soft Pink Lipstick.
1. Rub a pea size of Olay Regenerist Eye Lifting Serum under eyes.
2. Rub a smaller than pea size dot of BareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid primer on lids.
3. Swipe medium brush across power, and dust on eye lids (this prevents the eyelid primer from being too intense and a bit more forgiving).
4. Brush Mac eyeshadow in Wedge across entire lid.
5. With an angled shadow brush, press BareMinerals Java eyeshadow into outer part of the lid, and slightly up into crease.
6. Using fingers, blend the "line" of shadow above your crease away so it's softer.
7. Using a eyeshadow brush dedicated to lighter shadows, press and swipe Mac eyeshadow in Vanilla on brow bone, and inner & outer corners of eyes.
8. Add a bit of eyeliner from center of lid and out in Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in black.
9. Curl lashes and apply one coat of Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara in black.
10. Tap a nickel size amount of Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation into fingers and rub on face, blending around jawline.
11. Squeeze pea size amount of Mac Pro Longwear Concealer (best under eye Concealer ever) under eyes and spread until smooth.
12. Dust a light amount of Mac Studio Fix powder across face with medium brush.
13. With a blush brush, swirl in BareMinerals Golden Gate blush and apply to apples of cheeks, temples, finishing with a swipe across forehead and chin (think of blush, and bronzer, as where the sun would hit your face first. Accent those parts).
14. Curl lashes and apply second coat of mascara.
15. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, press BareMinerals Java eyeshadow on bottom lash line.
16. Fill in brows with eye brow pencil by Cover Girl in Soft Blonde.
17. Final eyelash curl, and apply mascara to the bottom lashes. 2 coats usually do it!
18. Apply Sonia Kashuk Soft Pink Lipstick.
All in all I would say I like to have 10-12 minutes to do my makeup. That is when my hair is drying in the towel anyway, so I'm killing two birds with one stone!
(t-shirt: Target, scarf: Banana Republic Outlet, earrings: Elisabeth Ashlie Jewelry)