I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m giving you my secret family recipe for the best cookie of all time. I have not met a soul that doesn’t like this cookie. If you meet that person, or you are that person, we can’t be friends. Because, well, you are nuts.
This cookie recipe is easy and fast. And most of the time, you have all the ingredients on hand–which is always awesome.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
Can you please sympathize with how little counter space I have?
Look at the tiny Cast Iron Salt and Pepper “pinch” pans! Pottery Barn, Baby!
2 1/4 C flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. kosher salt
1 C margarine (2 whole sticks)
1/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 3.9oz package of instant chocolate pudding (or chocolate fudge)
1 6oz package chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Combine margarine (softened, not melted), sugars, pudding mix, vanilla. Beat. Add eggs. Beat again.
3. Gradually add flour mixture.
4. Stir in chips
5. Drop by spoonfulls on ungreased cookie sheet.
I usually sprinkle some kosher salt on top. Yum.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins. Usually, they are ready right at 8 mins! These are soft cookies so don’t try to bake ‘em to long!
This is how they look right out of the oven. Once cooled, they crinkle down a bit.